Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Zimm
Zimm
The land of pleasant living
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
knuckle head
knuckle head
My Triumph land speed racer.,friend is the rider..Setting a new class speed record at the now closed Ohio one mile track. The bike has no tach but It's always geared never to exceed 7000 rpm at the target speed..Oh, hear the clean moderate fast shifts and no clutch slip? Tiawan 6 plate having no problem with the thundering 55 rwhp. grin

79 T140D, 96 900M Ducati ,61 A10 .On a bike you can out run the demons..
“But I don't want to go among mad people,” Alice remarked. “Oh, you can't help that,” said the Cat: “we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
1 member likes this: Noe
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
E
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
E
I have a 1963 Parilla 250 Wildcat scrambler. They were aimed at competition and came stock with a unbaffled reverse cone megaphone as a "muffler." They also have a pretty radical cam. If I start it up without the "muffler," it is loud, but not overly obnoxious. If I start it up with the "muffler" on it, it is ridiculously, blood from the ears, and really piss off the neighbors LOUD. It sounds like an F-1 racer starting up and is quite enjoyable, albeit in small doses.

Ed from NJ

1 member likes this: Tigernuts
T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
Nice racer Andy. Did you make the frame? Jawa engine? I don't know how people squeeze so much out of these little engines, I saw a sidecar outfit racing at Cadwell Park a few years ago - it was a 350 engine, and was outrunning everything else. I bet you have to use a silencer because of track rules though?

I've been running my main bike (TR7) with T140D 2-1 pipes & collector box, no silencer, since I built it in 2012, mostly long trips through France & Spain, probably about half on autoroutes, the other half on twisty mountain roads. The noise level is fine. I built a T140 using open TT pipes and I will readily admit to that being uncomfortably loud. I tried baffles but they killed the power - even if I cut them down to an inch and a half long. Not much use for a road bike but for a racer, earplugs would do the job (but virtually all tracks now have decibel limits, so no use there either, sadly)

If anything other than a blank space is visible here, something's wrong.
S
splash Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
S
As far as the power goes, I don’t have enough experience to notice any difference. However, on my recent rebuilt the front sprocket with the extra teeth made a huge difference. Also, when I went from the 650 to the 750 I’m asked if I notice any power difference. Well, I didn’t have the same gearing to compare the two so I can’t answer that question accurately at all. 🤷🏻‍♂️ Because it’s louder, I could, I really could be psyching myself out and think I’m gone faster from mid RPM pull and on to the top.end. I’m gonna pull the plugs soon and check for carbon fouling. I believe it’s better to run too rich than too lean considering my need to recent rebuild theory, gasket intake leak causing one plug to show excessive rich and the other excessive lean. I kept dialing up the mixture on the carb and scratching my head. It was detonating on one side and eventually the wrist pin cracked the piston skirt. Lesson learned the hard way. I can only give everyone here that experienced knowledge. Would not want that to happen to any of us, unless it’s a HD rider 😁.

Coffee talk loopy question for the quiet guys out there... has anyone ever converted their Brit bike to an electric? That technology is moving so fast, pun intended. Tons of torque and innovative ideas on the battery technology so fast I would be hesitant to buy any cells afraid something on the market would beat it in a month or two.

Allen, sure no date eh? You keep bringing it up. Ha! In all honesty I don’t dig your equipment. I’m just a dull boring heterosexual going through a mid life crisis like the majority in these forums. It’s OK, I understand we are all wired differently and not everyone can ride on the same sound wave coming out of our pipes of life. However, I was in a few bands through my dull heterosexual life if that my help you understand my wavelength of thought. It may go off the beaten path just for a laugh or two. I’m glad you didn’t go through with the date idea or I would have gotten concerned for myself. “How ya gonna get out of this one now, Splash?” I like when people listen to me so sometimes it helps to pretend to be much more than that dull heterosexual man I am regardless if people agree or disagree 😁.

Last edited by splash; 12/05/20 8:21 am.

1970 Triumph tiger owner
J
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
i have siamese (2 into 1) upswept pipe and a shorty "silencer". It doesn,t feel effecting to power, but sound is nicely deeper than w/o it
https://www.caferacerwebshop.com/en...9lAdxLmrqsoXtcW75H4BHx8pPFhoChnUQAvD_BwE

Triumph T140V Bonneville 1976
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  John Healy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com