Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleIndustrial tec supplyHepolite PistonsThe Bonneville Shop

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Kevin E
Kevin E
Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire, England
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 68
Allan G 65
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 24
Allan G 17
DavidP 17
Newest Members
neilhart, Dguzzi, Peter McCarthy, Seb Clare, Trevi
11,779 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
2 members (Hillbilly bike, Peter R), 32 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#830183 11/18/20 9:25 am
A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
The rally is from the 10th-17th July in Sigmaringen, South Germany
The booking forms have been sent to you BSA club secretary & international secretary.
Contact them to arrange attendance of the rally

Thrash, Bang, Re-Build...
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
A
Britbike forum member
Online Happy
Britbike forum member
A
Whoop whoop. Here’s hoping that we will be back tomorrow by next July. I’m looking forward to it.

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Allan G
Whoop whoop. Here’s hoping that we will be back tomorrow by next July. I’m looking forward to it.

You'll have to sort the predictive text on that phone Allan!! I think you meant ' back to normal ' .. I'm looking forward to this rally too, especially when the local beers are so good!!

Just a few Beezers..

A
Britbike forum member
Online Happy
Britbike forum member
A
Yeah. It I’m wishing it was tomorrow laughing

Your right though I did mean normal and this predictive text is a pain, the only reason I keep it on is because my spelling is dreadful grin

Now let’s all have a beer beerchug

68’ A65 Lightning “clubman”
71’ A65 823 Thunderbolt (undergoing restoration)
67’ D10 sportsman (undergoing restoration)
68’ D14 trials (undergoing transformation)

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Allan G
Your right though I did mean normal and this predictive text is a pain, the only reason I keep it on is because my spelling is dreadful grin

I know mate!! laughing

Just a few Beezers..

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I have my sleeve rolled up already so I can go to this one....

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
sixtyseventy Lightboltrocket road racer...and many more.
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
I've been considering going, since I've also been planning a trip to my ancestors' home stomping grounds.

My direct paternal ancestors (Selz) were from Affaltrach - Obersalm, Baden-Wurttemberg, and my great-grandfather emigrated from there to Kentucky in 1880.

My maternal ancestors (Weimer) were from Laudenbach - Karlsruhe, and my 5 times great grandfather emigrated from there to Pennsylvania in the early 1700s.

Affaltrach is about 100 miles north of the rally site, and Laudenbach about 60 miles north of that.

But probably not this year - too much uncertainty about what the travel requirements might be.

Lannis

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
To help plan for this summers rally I have an update on the refunds.

Hotels
Book your hotel on the website https://www.bsa-oc.de/rooms/ (from 15th January)

Rally
If the rally is cancelled before the 1 month deadline, then most of the money can be refunded, as the suppliers to the rally (food, tents, equipment, etc) can be cancelled and should supply a refund.
I don’t know the actual percentage, but I hope that it will be most of the money (minus the spend on the rally packs)

It the cancellation happens within the final pre-month, then I’m afraid that the refund may not occur, as the money would have been spent.
Obviously, this is all in the control of the host German club.

There is a risk with booking the rally, as in the case of booking any foreign (or indeed domestic) holidays in 2021, the rule on travel can change daily.

Hope this helps people with their planning

A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
Room booking is open tomorrow
https://www.bsa-oc.de/rooms/

Also, on that page is details of what happens about cancellation

F
Novice poster
Novice poster
F
Talking about the Internationals. €98.00 or approx. £90.00 Rally Fee! Am I the only who is thinking about this sort of money? I can remember the days that you paid the Rally Fee and you had paid everything. Didn't you participate in anything, though [***] and you had an expensive week camping. These day you've to pay the Rally Fee to be allowed to participate!

A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
People want coaches to take themselves and their partners to the trip locations, these coaches cost money.
In the 'old' days, everyone just rode their BSA's on the trips out.

It is impossible to make everyone happy with the cost of a rally, you can ride your BSA on the trip if you want to save your cash for ice creams.

F
Novice poster
Novice poster
F
In those "old" days you paid the Rally Fee" and you took part in everything or nothing. When you did you had worth for you money and if you didn't you had X expensive nights at a camping.

Now you've to pay the "Rally Fee" to be allowed at the International Rally. A "Rally Fee" of €98.00 approx. £90.00!
Covering coaches? Well for the coachtrip on Tuesday is €18.00 on the bookingform. What does this cover than Andy? Museumentrance would be another €9.00 extra!

It's not about saving cash for ice creams or beer, it's about the "Rally Fee" getting more and more expensive every year and covering less and less!

If it continues like this, in a few years time we've to pay for the T-shirt, sticker and rallyplaque too!!!

A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
The question of what the rally fee covers:
1) Organisation of the rally
2) Hiring of the venue (including any additional marquees, toilets, catering, etc)
3) Rally merchandise
4) Rally entertainment (bands, guest speakers, etc)

Trips to locations are optional, and coaches are mow added to allow non-motorcycle riders to attend as well

The list of events is up to the organisers to create, but having something organised every day is not compulsory, at the 2019 rally, we had days off to allow people to explore the area.

Yes, the rally cost has been increasing over the years, but it is up to each organisers club to decide the cost of the rally ticket.
The Czech rally was much cheaper, but the rally did not offer as much in return for your money.

With COVID, there is a requirement for a large rally area which will increase the hiring costs, also, the German club have the refund of their money covered if the rally has to be cancelled

Speak to your International Rally representative or Chairman so that they can raise any questions at the rally to the rest of the BSA World team.

A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
I know people are hanging back from booking due to the uncertainty with travel.

However, the German BSA club have plans in place to refund your money if the rally is cancelled.
They need to know who is coming to the rally, so can I ask you to get your bookings created, so that the club can allocate their recourses.
Also note, that the BBQ now caters for vegetarians

many thanks
Andy Lorenz
BSA OC(UK) International Rally Secretary

Dear BSA-riders. We would like to give you some information on the risk of loosing money, when you book for the 58. Int.-BSA-Rally : If you book for the Rally now, it would help us to see the interest in the Rally.
We made all contracts with the chance to withdraw on Corona-reasons with minimal charges. Same with the hotel-bookings. That means, that we will refund what you payed, reduced by some £3.50 GBP for the banking fees. If you book now and do not pay by the 10th of April we will inform you (make sure we have your e-mail address) that we take that as a withdraw and will delete you from the list of participants.
If you have paid and the rally is cancelled later, you will be refunded according to the state of preparations.
In April we will have to start ordering your rally-goodies. We will send you the things, we already have and will reduce the refund accordingly. We think, that is fair. If countries close their borders or ask returning people to stay in quarantine, we will refund your money as stated before. Same, if Germany doesn’t let you in.

We fixed the D&D and BBQ contracts. If you leave the meat, the D&D buffet is okay for vegetarians.
The BBQ is now also offering vegetarian things like grilled fish and grilled vegetables and a variety of salads. All food is lactose-free and gluten-free.

Would the Rally-Secretaries of the different countries please spread that information and write a short message about the understanding to > [email protected] < ! Thank you for helping to run a normal life again ! Jürgen J. & Jürgen L.

Life member
Life member
All quiet on the German Front

BeezaBryan

1 member likes this: Hugh Jörgen
A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
The bookings from each country have gone in, and the rally is still on in July.
Booking numbers are understandably down

E
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
E
At least Lena, Rene, Biggi and me have signed in for the Rally. We are in good hope that many of you will have got vaccinated until the Rally starts. So lets see what the time brings. I am sure that there will show up some people. So, better think positive and start making plans to join the gang.
See you there...
Dieter

1 member likes this: BeezaBryan
Life member
Life member
We did have plans but those plans have come to naught and nothing to do with covidcrap.
Looking forward to pics and words Dieter when you are back home.

BeezaBryan

M
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
M
More than 60 BSA people from The Netherlands subscribed for the International Rally in Germany.
We hope the Covid situation is safe this summer and that our annual BSA-event is going on. Sorry for the people who have not the opportunity to go there....We wish the German organisation good luck and hope to see many friends there!

Greetings, Marca, Aad, Tim and Vera

Last edited by MarcaNL; 05/13/21 3:22 pm.

BSA B31 plunger 1953
BSA B25 Starfire 1970
A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
It is with great disappointment, that we have to announce the cancellation of the 58th International BSA-Rally in Sigmaringen.

In these days, we had to explain our concept for safety and health to the regulatory authority of Sigmaringen.
When it came to Covid-testing, we were informed, that everyone had to be tested 3 times during that week and in case of one positive test, the whole party would be taken into quarantine for 14 days !

170 persons in quarantine would mean, that the German BSA OC would be bankrupt and the costs of the quarantine would have to be paid by the persons who are in it.
After a few days the vaccinated might leave, but for many it means, that they would be away from home up to 3 weeks. Our insurance doesn't cover any Covid-issue.
We cannot take responsibility for such a scenario and hope you understand that.

P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P
Hi guys!

On Saturday an email was sent out from the German BSA Owners Club.

Apparently, the International Rally 2021 has been cancelled.
It is a pity, indeed.

Cheers!

Ph.

Best regards
Phil
Duesseldorf/Germany
'62 A 65 Star (disassembled)
'69 A 65 Lightning
'71 A 65 Firebird
'84 Yamaha SR 500

Moderated by  Andy Lorenz 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com