Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Myles Raymond
Myles Raymond
Glasgow, Scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 89
Rohan 66
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 13
Newest Members
vanGinneke, Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A
11,839 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
1 members (desco), 27 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#824518 09/23/20 12:24 am
S
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
S
Is there an explanation published on the site of how the private messaging system is limited for non payers? I have been limited without warning. I didn't know a limit existed.

British motorcycles on eBay
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
There's always been a limit on private messages. It may have changed in the last year or two. It's 10 for non-premium and 100 for paying, I think.

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
When you go to your messages in the banner line that says "Quota x/10". That shows your quota. However, the limit is actually 6/10, not 10/10 for basic.

Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
Originally Posted by Steven A
Is there an explanation published on the site of how the private messaging system is limited for non payers? I have been limited without warning. I didm't know a limit existed.

Steven A When you click on the Envelope icon or Private messages you will see in your case
Quota: 12 / 10

This means 12 of allowed 10, normally it could only be 1-10 / 10 but in your case we have a built in bug.
It could happen due to a few reasons.
One case is that you may have been a premium member going back to basic member or that I have changed the amounts allowed at a certain time.
Or something else which I believe has happened.

What you need to do is to delete at least 3 PM's to get under 10 or preferebly a few more so that you are within a good clearance just in case someone PM you.
Or you could upgrade your member account, it will also allow you to attach images with your posts.

However staying as basic means you need to delete some or all your PM's

Last edited by Morgan aka Admin; 09/23/20 11:07 am.

Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Support Britbike forum & upgrade your membership
------------------------------
Join our British motorcycle forum on Facebook
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
Originally Posted by DMadigan
When you go to your messages in the banner line that says "Quota x/10". That shows your quota. However, the limit is actually 6/10, not 10/10 for basic.

Basic member PM quota is 10
Upgraded member PM quota is 100

Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Support Britbike forum & upgrade your membership
------------------------------
Join our British motorcycle forum on Facebook
S
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
S
Thanks
Originally Posted by Morgan aka Admin
Originally Posted by Steven A
Is there an explanation published on the site of how the private messaging system is limited for non payers? I have been limited without warning. I didm't know a limit existed.

Steven A When you click on the Envelope icon or Private messages you will see in your case
Quota: 12 / 10

This means 12 of allowed 10, normally it could only be 1-10 / 10 but in your case we have a built in bug.
It could happen due to a few reasons.
One case is that you may have been a premium member going back to basic member or that I have changed the amounts allowed at a certain time.
Or something else which I believe has happened.

What you need to do is to delete at least 3 PM's to get under 10 or preferebly a few more so that you are within a good clearance just in case someone PM you.
Or you could upgrade your member account, it will also allow you to attach images with your posts.

However staying as basic means you need to delete some or all your PM's

Thank you Morgan.

The Quota Banner is not very noticable. I'm not the only one to miss it. Might it be a good idea to Increase the font size to pretty big and issue an automated warning private message when the quota is breached.

Moderated by  Steve Erickson 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com