Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Howie
Howie
England
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#814286 06/28/20 2:56 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Got an E Mail from Yoda t'other day, with covert instructions for a secret mission, seems he knew of a lad that had a field and in these desperate times, we could go there. But to be like Dad and keep Mum...Careless talk and all that, don't ya know... wink

Also to bring enough food for breakfast, and all the equipment to cook it, so with Albert fully freighted, except for me favourite Primus Kerosene stove.... So idiot cleaned out me fettling shed, and I can't find bugger all now. I had to load up with me dodgy Coleman 533 petrol stove, and an old army Hexamine burner. I fired up Albert and off to meet Baza57 on his Army Matchless, and young John on his A50, then off to the secret location. Under the cover of tiny country lanes, pot holes and hazards aplenty. THEN we came across Baza's favourite sign.... ROAD CLOSED, course he didn't bother and carried straight on, around the barriers and cones, and along a deserted road, till we came across more barriers. This time there was a 10ft hole in the ground, right there in the middle of the road. And all the mud and dirt the workers had piled up next to the hole, blocking the road up entirely. Did this stop Baza...?

COURSE it didn't, he found that betwixt the mud heap and the hole there was a 5 inch gap, just enough the our tyres to roll along, and roll along we did..! The choice was full into the hole, or smash into the mud heap, if we went wrong. Young John had a *moment* but we all three made it safe and sound, I'm sure Baza finds these road works on purpose.... laughing

After a fantastic ride we got to the venue, just a massive tree enclosed field, with shipping containers along the edge, and a big shed type house. All hidden away from the public, what a lovely place to be...

We parked up...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Then just as all was chatting we heard the sound of a lovely engine approaching from deep within the trees...? Turned out to be this....

Chatting with the owner, it seems the thing can run on any fuel, it sounded lovely. And at the moment was running on central heating oil, it's a 1962 troop carrier, holds about 10 people, and I think they're still in use today...

Just a few photos of the bikes there....

Then another lad showed up with a Green Goddess, a military fire appliance, we had these running around a few years ago when the firemen all went on strike. He even had the water pump running at one point, another good laugh, didn't take a photo cos I was cooking me breakfast. So I took these when he asked all the military bikes to do a line up....

The land owner likes all sorts of vehicles and one of his mates showed up in this....

Then as I had a mooch about, the lad that had the troop carrier opened up the back door, so a quick look see...

Then the land owner himself started to show us around his containers, and his fettling shed....

A brilliant day out with the lads, all top secret due to the current situation, so once you've read this and digested the information. Please set fire to your computer, you've not seen me RIGHT.... wink

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
1 member likes this: royaloilfield
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
S
Sav Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
Had hoped to join you today, if I could have found it, but have an appointment at the bone factory on Friday, so the omnipotent one suggested I had better not go covidly or covertly in this case.

Looks like I missed a good do.

Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member

And a shot of the lad himself in full swing.... facepalm

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
1 member likes this: Morgan aka Admin
Kent Shaun #814360 06/28/20 10:24 pm
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
I'll have that old Guzzi, please!

Lannis

"Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?" "This, sir? 'Tis a mark of the house-elf’s enslavement, sir."
Lannis #814364 06/28/20 10:38 pm
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by Lannis
I'll have that old Guzzi, please!

Lannis

And I'll have that old hot rod, the 1st one shown with the pipe sticking out the side of the motor.

Looks like fun!

Now, where's my kerosene and matches?

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com