Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleIndustrial tec supplyHepolite PistonsThe Bonneville Shop

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Danam
Danam
San Francisco
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Top Posters(30 Days)
Allan G 79
quinten 60
DavidP 54
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 23
Newest Members
Paul_V, hammerhead, Steve W 1959, Bobpin, VWK740
11,759 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (Dr. Z, Doug P, HughdeMann, quinten, Tridentman, VincentEsposito), 25 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#812270 06/12/20 1:19 pm
P
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
P
I just found what should be a 63 MSS in barn fresh condition. It turns over with no spark. I have instructions on cleaning the magneto brushes. Who is a good supplier of Velo parts. I will need cables and a headlight. I may need a generator. I have one but it is not original to the bike.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
https://www.groveclassicmotorcycles.co.uk/ has the most complete supply of Velo parts. Shipping is remarkably fast to the US.

Buells and Brit Bikes
1 member likes this: Pete Suchawreck
P
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
P
Great website!

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Hi peter, probably a bit late but I enlarged the photo of your velocette and think it may actually be a scrambler and possibly a bit earlier than 1963. at least the frame and fittings indicate that.
First from the photo it appears to have the oil tank fitted to the left side of the bike and an early air filter on the right.Some of the early scramblers were like this.
Secondly the shocks.are the early type 1955 to 1959.
It also appears to have a remote float carb which may be an AMAL TT, although difficult to tell from the photo.
Take a look at ehere the swing arms are clamped to the frame pivot. If there are a couple of screws threaded from the individual swings arms through to the swing arm axle then it probably is a scrambler frame.

J
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
Yes those were grubscrews that locked the swing arms to the trunnion to stop them rotating under 'scrambling' stresses. Good observations Rob.
If that's a TT carb, it'll probably have a Manual magneto too... then you're most of the way to a Clubman with that stuff.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com