Made a little more progress. Most parts arrived on time. Minor set back on the cylinders.
Binnacles arrived from the UK in 4 days, amazing. Here's the old ones with there gauges. And yes the glass is broke on the speedo.
New ones mounted with new hardware. They looked great.
Something needed done to the tach and speedo. I got lucky. Found a rebuilt set at a speedo rebuild shop that the owner said he personally removed from a Hurricane. No way to know if that's true or not but they look the same. One very small difference which may have been a production run difference by Smith. They look good.
On to other stuff. Needed to get the oil pump out. Ordered some 3BA all thread from the Obsolete All Thread Company in the UK. A tap from the US version of Obsolete Tap Company. This stuff plus some parts I made and a special pusher tool was born. It worked.
Took pump apart and cleaned and inspected. All looked good. Both sets of gears looked fine.
Cleaned up the right side engine covers. Not going to say they are polished. They do look 1000% better and put them back on with new stainless hardware. Also new stainless engine case bolts and custom made stainless washers. New stainless bolts and washers on left engine cases also.
Now the little engine setback. New valves and guides arrived. Dropped them off at the machine shop late Friday afternoon. Asked Cory when he thought the cylinder would be done. He said he was going to do it Saturday morning after he got done rebuilding a snowmobile crank. Told him no problem. If he gets it done great, if not Monday would be fine. Superbowl weekend and all, I had other plans. Anyway no call Saturday morning, no worries. I figured the crank didn't go well or something more important came up. He called Monday morning with bad news. Something went wrong when he bored one of the holes. It came out .002 over the target size he wanted. Which meant after honing it would be too big. Going to have to get a new liner. He was not sure what went wrong. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. He does good work, he prides himself on things being done right. He's been doing this stuff for 30+ years. To make it right by me it was going to need a new liner bored to my piston. He told me he could not find a new liner anywhere. So a company he deals with is going to make him a custom one. He has to remove it, measure it up and send them the specs. I checked and found one company that lists them, problem is they are out of stock. Not sure how long this is going to take. All this is going to cost me is time. His boo-boo, his nickel. Don't think I'm going to get my " friends and family discount" on this tho.
Not the end of the world. Since I have some extra time I've been doing some cleaning.