Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
North Carolina
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#785366 09/25/19 12:50 am
Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
I had a rare day off recently, and sInce, I've had another (!!) I guess the summer's craziness is winding down, so I took the opportunity to get out on the Norton, something I've done darn little of this summer.
Popped by this boat launch where the Conodoguinet Creek spills into the Mighty Susquehanna River. Nice view across the river of the Harrisburg skyline...

[Linked Image from ricochetridersmotomojo.zenfolio.com]

coming back out of that little burg, there was this old tarpaper-and-shingle-shack garage. I like the texture so I pulled up and got a couple pix...

The bike was running so well I fell in love with it all over again, so excuse me for every single picture having the bike in it! laughing

I rode upriver and turned west. My wheels led me in the direction of a lovely old bridge- my favorite covered bridge around here, the Dellville Bridge. Some schmucks set it on fire a few years back, As you may recall from my other covered bridge photos, there's some money available from the Perry County Historical Society (I guess) for their old bridges, and the county has a total of 14 of them, many of which have either. been worked on or rebuilt! Meanwhile somebody has been hard at work over the past 2 or so years, rebuilding the Dellville Bridge! It is f finished now, and they've done a fabulous job of it, too. The nice thing about this bridge is that it is open- you can drive or ride across it, but since they built the new bridge, there's no traffic on it! SO I pulled my bike in and parked it mid-span. Stayed there for an hour or more, talking pix, just hanging out, and admiring my new old friend! (the bridge) hanging out the window openings of the bridge I watched some fish swim around in the creek, and watched egrets and herons fishing and flying about, what lovely time I had just mindlessly doing nothing!

Last edited by ricochetrider; 09/25/19 12:55 am.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
Perfick way to enjoy a day off Bro, and that last photo of the covered Bridge, is just a typical *Tom bro dude* photo. Taken from somewhere high... laughing thumbsup

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Nice!!! Finally cooling down here. Getting ready for Flat-track racing at Barberville & Bill's Sons of Speed during Biketoberfest next monrt

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Still pretty warm here.
Should be nice for the flat track racing at the Meadowlands this Saturday evening.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Nice pics Tom, I too have a liking for covered bridges

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

"He knows not where he's going,
For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination,
It's the glory of the ride"
(Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Bryan
who does not do politics

S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
great pictures, the center piece is even better. The Unapproachable Norton.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
The Great Egrets were here over summer and most left about two weeks ago. We see a lot of Great Blue Herons but this is a first for us. They were congregating at a pond off the State Thruway about a mile from our house. I took some photos last month and one is actually good enough to show here.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Al Eckstadt
Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
thumbsup

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
Egrets, I've seen a few. But then again too few to mention.

"Live the life you love, find a god you trust and don't take it all too seriously"

Pre-units rule!

Mid fifties Triumph T100
D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
[/quote]
Originally Posted by Tasman
Egrets, I've seen a few. But then again too few to mention.

I shall borrow that, thank you.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Al Eckstadt
The Great Egrets were here over summer and most left about two weeks ago. We see a lot of Great Blue Herons but this is a first for us. They were congregating at a pond off the State Thruway about a mile from our house. I took some photos last month and one is actually good enough to show here.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Same with me here. There is a small pond behind my store that gets frequented by a blue heron or two every year but we had a egret here this past summer. First time in almost 30 years I've seen one.
Nice picture by the way!

Last edited by MikeG; 09/30/19 5:46 pm.

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com