Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleIndustrial tec supplyHepolite PistonsThe Bonneville Shop

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
North Carolina
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Top Posters(30 Days)
Allan G 66
quinten 62
DavidP 53
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 24
Allan G 18
Newest Members
Seb Clare, Trevi, gwallis, Bruce B, GuzistaM33
11,776 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (DJinCA, Hambone, Bougor, Carmackle), 26 guests, and 75 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#783691 09/07/19 4:20 pm
N
Nick H Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
N
There are many good sites and many free.

And most do not put a big fat watermark in right through your image.
Nor did they suddenly become a paying site holding countless peoples photos hostage and messing up countless forums.

Google Photos. ..
Imgur. ...
Dropbox. ...
TinyPic. ...
Use. ...
Flickr. ...
500px. ...
SmugMug.

1966 BSA Lightning
(2) 1967 Triumph "Choppa"s
1974 Indian ME125
1960 Harley Servi-Car
1952 Harley 45" G motor in Paugho frame project
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Life member
Life member
I dumped Flickr recently when they demanded money or they would delete many of my pics.
Post Image does it for me

BeezaBryan

W
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
W
What are thoughts on Photobucket? probably to late but ive just recently tried this....

Dirty Hands Clean Money
S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
photobucket sucks

When given the choice between two evils I picked the one I haven't tried before
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Photobucket tried to rape their entire customer base all at once, so I beat heels out of there.

SmugMug now.

Lannis

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
I used them for years and loved it, now I can hardly access either my own accounts. It takes ages for a page to open because of all the adds. I'd loved transfer all my photos to somewhere else if I knew how.

When given the choice between two evils I picked the one I haven't tried before
N
Nick H Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
N
Photofuckit actually inspired my OP. I hold a resentment and seriously it is so annoying to see their huge watermark right smack in the middle of the photo.

1966 BSA Lightning
1974 Indian ME125
1960 Harley Servi-Car
T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
Imgmur works for me.
I tried imgbox but it doesn't work great when trying to post a photo on a forum, there was no way to increase the size beyond a thumbnail.

Should have said, was using photobucket, until those bastards made a cash grab that probably backfired cos they lost advertising revenue due to decreased membership.

Last edited by tridentt150v; 09/08/19 9:34 am.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I think a lot of us used Photobucket, used to be recommended by this forum. Apparently it used to be used by a lot of other fora, judging by all the broken links. That's a fine example of what they used to tell us about drug dealers, "They'll give it away until you're hooked."

Knowledge speaks. Wisdom listens.

72 T120V cafe project "Mr. Jim"
72 T150V "Wotan"
92 BMW K100rs "Gustav"
B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Originally Posted by shel
photobucket sucks

Originally Posted by BeezaBryan
Post Image does it for me

thumbsup I couldn't agree more , RIP Photobucket beerchug

P
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
P
I use Imgur, very happy with it.

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Everybody wants something for nothing.

"Back in the garage with my [***] detector
Carbon monoxide making sure it's effective...
----THE CLASH-----

Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by rick e.

Obviously we'd like something for "nothing" (maybe the price being having to look at a few adverts). You would too. Not to put too fine a point on it, but you probably don't pay for Britbike access, come to that.

But Photobucket did the drug-dealer thing. Provided their photo-sharing service for "free" for 6 years, then suddenly demanded $400 a year for the service or all your on-line links would disappear. "Nice set of travel photos you've got there; be a shame if something happened to them, ha ha."

That's why we damn Photobucket up street and down alley, even as we pay SmugMug or another service what they ask each month or year .....

Lannis

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
O
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
O
I opened a Wordpress website for another motorcycling habit I have. Among the benefits I get for $27/year, 3GB of image Hosting...

Signed,
Former Photosuckit and Imageshit victim.

When singing "Kung Fu Fighting" is outlawed, only outlaws will sing "Kung Fu Fighting"
R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Originally Posted by Lannis

Obviously we'd like something for "nothing" (maybe the price being having to look at a few adverts). You would too. Not to put too fine a point on it, but you probably don't pay for Britbike access, come to that.

But Photobucket did the drug-dealer thing. Provided their photo-sharing service for "free" for 6 years, then suddenly demanded $400 a year for the service or all your on-line links would disappear. "Nice set of travel photos you've got there; be a shame if something happened to them, ha ha."

That's why we damn Photobucket up street and down alley, even as we pay SmugMug or another service what they ask each month or year .....

Lannis

"Nice set of travel photos you've got there; be a shame if something happened to them, ha ha."

Anyone who stores their travel pics solely on a Hosting site (for free) should lose them. Ones and Zeros are best stored at home...

$4.99 a month don't seem that bad for photo Hosting. Not sure why PB wanted $400 from you, maybe it's one of those Net Neutrality things.

Never had a drug dealer give me free stuff for six years, I always payed cash.

"Back in the garage with my [***] detector
Carbon monoxide making sure it's effective...
----THE CLASH-----

Life member
Life member
[quote=Lannis][quote=rick e.]

"Nice set of travel photos you've got there; be a shame if something happened to them, ha ha."

Anyone who stores their travel pics solely on a Hosting site (for free) should lose them. Ones and Zeros are best stored at home...

$4.99 a month don't seem that bad for photo Hosting. Not sure why PB wanted $400 from you, maybe it's one of those Net Neutrality things.

All of my photos are stored on an external 1tb hard drive along with my videos. Hosting sites are used purely and simply to enable me to post on this and other fora.

I'm like Henry beerchug

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

2c

BeezaBryan

Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker

Well of course they'll lose them if you don't store them at home. If you'd ever POSTED any travel photos, you'd know that the pain in the ass is not that you lose your photos somehow; it's that you lose your links to the source when Photobucket cuts them, and suddenly all of your on-line photos for the past X years are forever blank on every site you've posted on. It takes a lot of time and trouble to post them, and to lose them is a major pain.

And Photophukit didn't just want $399 from me; it was their deal for EVERYONE until they realized that they'd go out of business if they kept that up. But for some months that was the only deal, and most people ran. If you'd do your research instead of just being snarky, you'd know it.

And DO you pay anything for Britbike access? I'm fine with anyone that takes the "free" deal, unless they start giving OTHER people crap about wanting something for nothing.

Lannis

S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
I used Tinypic for years just to have them shut down this month. The pictures are now gone on any forum I posted on.

N
Nick H Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
N
Originally Posted by SteveM
I used Tinypic for years just to have them shut down this month. The pictures are now gone on any forum I posted on.

Sure sorry to hear that!

Maybe the safe site would be the Google photo Hosting site. Not likely to fold.

1966 BSA Lightning
1974 Indian ME125
1960 Harley Servi-Car
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Nick H
Originally Posted by SteveM

Sure sorry to hear that!

Maybe the safe site would be the Google photo hosting site. Not likely to fold.

Well, in this world of the Internet Bubble, anything can fold. Google is weasling its way (with our explicit permission) into so many aspects of the internet experience, that they could go too far and "pop".

Whether it's Google, or SmugMug that I use, or Photobucket that I used to use, it's all just bits and bytes and can be here today gone tomorrow. If losing our links to pictures on our favorite discussion boards is the worst that happens to use, I reckon we'll be OK.

Lannis

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com