OK, I'm back! I had a brush with Covid over the Christmas/New Year period. As I'm fully vaxxed and boosted it was like a severe cold for a few days, then tiredness, then a relapse for two days, then tiredness. I still get tired easily so I'm not fully recovered from it, but am around 90%.
Anyway, I gave the swingarm back to the guys who pressed the bearings in, and they had a go at reaming it out so the pin would move freely. Only partially successful, there's still a step at the point where the two bushes meet, but it is a lot better: I can get it all the way through and back out again now.
I set up like so:
Get the swingarm roughly in place, and then mount the other end into the two Shocks
. This just holds everything roughly in place. Then smear the pin with anti-seize, and start pushing the pin through:
I needed to resort to a rubber hammer and then a bigger hammer as it went through, but it was never too hard: just had to knock it in. I used an old bolt to guide the locking hole over the hole in the frame as it got closer:
and got it through!
On with the serrated washer and nut:
and a nice shiny M8 Allen head bolt and Nyloc nut on the locking hole:
Job's a good'un! I hope.
Swingarm moves smoothly around the pivot with no tight spots.