Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Zimm
Zimm
The land of pleasant living
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Denis J Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Hi All
I am usually knee deep in BSA and Triumph parts, but today's haul brought me back a frame that I believe is for a 1955 Ariel HS 500 Scrambler
The frame number is DUS 141
There seems to be a lug missing? On the bar under the backbone there is cut marks and maybe a head steady or coil mount?

My question to you is this:
I have seen many an ariel engine used in other frames (Rickman etc) Has anyone used this frame for a good scrambler setup?

I have a Norton 500T engine that looks like it might slot right in nicely and get me the trail classic I am looking to build

Any thoughts or information is greatly appreciated!

Here is a link to the pictures: PICTURES ARIEL

Full time classic motorcycle mechanic and enthusiast to a fault
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
I don't have any experience to share, but I say go for it. The HS was a really nice looking bike, this sounds like an interesting project!

Moderated by  GrandPaul 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com