Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
GrandPaul
GrandPaul
Leander (Central) Texas, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Richrd Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Starting on a build, never worked on one of these.

Rich
"It's not always about going fast. Sometimes it's nice to slow down" (Wendy E.2016)

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
couple of beesas a ducati
and a Honda?
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Hi Rich, Yes, at present I am rebuilding a 1959 200SS. What model single do you have.?
I would recommend this site, but I don't know how to post a link. WWW. motoscrubs. com

Brian

Made In England
F
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
F
HI Richard: I have my youngest sons' 65 Monza Jr to get running. I have to title it first.
Syd's Cycle in Florida were able to supply a battery and side covers for it.
https://sydscycles.wordpress.com/

Life member
Life member
No, but one of those other Italian singles. Name starts with 'A' . Kinda interesting as they are also vertically split cases. Looking forward to getting mine going. Good luck with your build.

Ray

BSA 1969 A65F
BSA 1966 A65H
Triumph 1968 T120
Kawasaki A1R
& too many projects!
Richrd Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
I,ve had a 350 scrambler sitting in the corner for the last 7 years, figured its time to do something to it.

Rich
"It's not always about going fast. Sometimes it's nice to slow down" (Wendy E.2016)

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
and a Honda?
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Richrd
I,ve had a 350 scrambler sitting in the corner for the last 7 years, figured its time to do something to it.

If you build that and get it running like it was meant to run, it'll give your "Snake Bike" a run for its money.

Back in 1972 when I got my new R5 Yamaha, a guy in town (he still lives here but doesn't ride any more) had a new 250 Ducati single that I just couldn't pull away from, no matter how hard I flogged it. That Duc was a fast, light bike .....

Lannis

It's easier to fool people than to convince them they have been fooled.
R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
Hi i have a 62 elite its a great bike .

N
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
N
I have a 67 250 Mark3 NC which is the direct replacement for the Mach1, The makers claim 110 mph!, No its not that fast, it will only do 105. My 600 Norton has a similar performance and it will hold its own against a 350 Clubmans Gold Star. It has to be set up perfectly though and revved right out through the gears to 9000 revs ,mine is a bit tuned up so wants to keep going past 10 . where it would do itself a mischief if I let it. An identical bike did close to 600 laps flat out for 24 hours to win the endurance race in Spain back in the day. fast AND reliable as long as used as designed for.A bored and stroked one lapped the IOM at 97 mph in 2016 reaching 126mph, Never supposed to be a ride to work bike.Bloody exciting in my narrow twisty Kent lanes.

Last edited by norton bob; 12/27/17 8:22 pm.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I have a '74 450 Jupiter Scrambler. It's a real dichotomy in that it came with a skid plate but that is about the only item that is scrambler oriented. Boranni alloy wheels, Grimeca four shoe front break, low pipe and ape bars. It now has Tommaselli clip-ons and no skid plate for more of a street look. The head on the Jupiter's were springer, or non-desmo, but has plenty of power for me. Doesn't have the torque of my Goldie but just as fast. The new Ducati Scrambler with the yellow tank is a retro of this model.

Bill B...

Boomer
Richrd Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Sorry lannis,, but there ain't no way it,all run with the Tammy. That bike is SCARY fast.

Rich

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
and a Honda?
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Sorry lannis,, but there ain't no way it,all run with the Tammy. That bike is SCARY fast.

It all depends .....

S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
I have three 350 Monzas in the garage now. None are mine though. One is a racer, one is an original road bike, and the third is a parts bike.

Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by SteveM
I have three 350 Monzas in the garage now. None are mine though. One is a racer, one is an original road bike, and the third is a parts bike.

If I had a Ducati 350 in my garage, and it didn't belong to me, you can be sure that I would be carefully and lovingly babysitting it for someone, and that the storage agreement would include the occasional ride and (given that it's a Ducati), the occasional "Italian Tuneup"!

It's the best thing for everyone, including the bike!

Lannis

Richrd Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
is that your way of saying you want to buy this one?

Rich

69 bonney
72 commando
75 commando
and a Honda?
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
is that your way of saying you want to buy this one?

No, it's my way of saying that you ought to finish the bike, get it running really well, then give it to me to babysit for a few years while you move on to the next project.

I promise to take excellent care of it.

Lannis

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com