Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Jon W. Whitley
Jon W. Whitley
Vermont
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#711299 10/12/17 7:14 am
C
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
C
Hello all,
Can anyone let me know please,the correct thickness of the Drive Side Engine Shaft Shim ... part # 66-661 in the Goldie parts book .
The shim that came out of the Bike is pretty damaged (hammered (?) into a concave shape) and is roughly .020" thick..
Thanks ..... Charlie.
1956 DB34 ..

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
"The shim measures 0.0195 inches and the space it goes into is about 0.034 inches deep". Quoted from Gordo below.

http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=668717

1961 BSA DBD34 Clubman
1966 Triumph T120TT
1972 Rickman 250MX

C
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
C
Thanks very much Dave,just the info I was after..
I was lucky enough to find a new shim amongst my bits and pieces... measures .018" ... should be OK..
I was thinking .... at some stage in the Bikes' life,the Engine sprocket had come loose.I wonder if that was the cause of the shim being damaged so ..
Anyways ... we have a new shim,new bearings and a new crankshaft assembly to go in ... that should keep the Goldie contented for a while.
All the best mate ..

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Have not done one in a while, but shim = 30thou, max of 3 allowed. (in Gold star book i think)

Shims always get hammered here, so determined shim (chain alignment ) and adjust / make the spacer behind correct size.

Mike

Mike.

C
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
C
Cheers Mike .. thanks for that Info.
We've done the chain alignment ... all good at this stage ..

Moderated by  Rich B 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com