Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
royaloilfield
royaloilfield
Trenton, New Jersey
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 91
Rohan 65
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 13
Newest Members
vanGinneke, Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A
11,839 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
3 members (Dave Comeau, bsalloyd, Magnetoman), 21 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#707141 09/03/17 2:13 pm
Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
Jumping Jelly beans Batman, what a Rally THAT was... clap

It all started a long time ago......

I dragged out the FORTY INCHER, placed a size 11 on the starter, and she fired right up. Off to get liquid Gold, and then down to hook up with Auntie Terrie, who was in her car as her A10 was still fighting having a sidecar nailed to it. This time the magneto wasn't playing ball, so she was in the car as my support vehicle... wink

We headed North towards the Port of Harwich, a ride of about 85 miles, the ferry wasn't leaving dock till 22.00ish. But due to the nightmare traffic that accumulates around the Dartford crossing, we'd left at 13.00. But STILL there was bloody loads of traffic near the crossing, it's an almost permanent hold up these days. Dreadful on an old bike to be stuck in, but we don't pay no heed to all that malarky, just a simple case of a few miles between cars, lane splitting. And the job was a good un, got to Harwich in the afternoon sunshine and just across the road from the port, a nice pub was found. A couple of pints and a meal later, we were fit for the ship, but a few (250) Chopper club riders had shown up, they were on their way to a Rally in Germany. So a chat and a couple of photos were needed....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I like the quirky, so just a couple of bikes, the others were the usual Ape hangers and long forks...

Then we meandered over to the dock, got passed passport control and waited in the lane...

[Linked Image]

Chatting with a BSA guy from Australia, that keeps a BSA in Wales, but still manages about 7000 miles a year on it... shocked

Then we got the call, so onto the ship I did ride, and strapped the bike down, good and safe. That North Sea can be a tad rough, but tonight's crossing was as smooth as glass...

[Linked Image]

And as a night crossing it's a MUST to have a cabin, so the search was on to find the bugger amongst the 500+ cabins....

[Linked Image]

Once found I had all this to meself...

[Linked Image]

A night of fun and Ale quaffing proceeded, next day we were off the ferry and into the queue for the customs once again....

[Linked Image]

Sitting there getting hot and bothered, so I shut the engine off, once through the mayhem, she fired right up. But was running a tad rough, I was later to find out that due to the Altitude of Holland, the Carb was running rich. A fiddle with me fettling iron, and all was well for the whole week.... :bigt

Before we left, all them on the list, had an E-Mail saying to use a particular route, which was a route I'd used a few years back. Course me being me, the Old Timers came in, and I went the wrong way. But then we WERE touring so it didn't matter.... laughing

After a while, the call for petrol and a coffee was answered, and bugger me backwards if....Well look who showed up....

[Linked Image]

Beezageezauk, and his mate Richard from Hawaii, from WHERE...? I asked, Hawaii says he, bugger thought I. But NO the lad LOVES drinking Ale.... beerchug :bigt

More later.... wink

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
British motorcycles on eBay
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Looks like a good story in the works!

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Always fun when you meet somebody you know, far away from home and in another country! And no finer a person to see other than our very own BeezageezaUK. :bigt

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
...hey Kent put more closer photos of the bikes if you can.

Thanks

PS: I get it the nod to HT ha ha

Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
reverb dude, ya get what ya get my man, just sayin'... wink

So with a full tank I says to Beezageezauk, we'll follow you, he was using a folding GPS, just like the one Lannis uses. And we got lost... facepalm

Well not *Lost* in the Biblical sense, more like we were 'touring' and therefore it was back to my GPS. and THIS time I'd tuned it in to the full and complete address, guess what..? It took us straight there... clap

Up with the Canvas Hovel...

[Linked Image]

Introduce Tappet the Kiwi to Beezageezauk...

[Linked Image]

Then over to find the most important place on the Rally site...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Where I was SHOCKED, shocked I tells ya, to see someone from Hawaii actually drinking BEER... shocked

As it was a Friday, the Rally field was only just filling up, but already there was a good few people there...

[Linked Image]

From all over the place, some from Australia, Norway, Germany, a menace from Sweden along with his clansmen, and ONE from New Zealand. A proper International, with even more countries represented as the week rolled along. And we ALL got on like a house on fire, about time them bloody politicians learnt a thing or two from these events...

As the night rolled along, Auntie Terrie did her stint at the cooking...

[Linked Image]

More beer washed that down, then it was time for bed, and a good night's kip was had. Belly full, warm and dry, with a Rally about to start, life don't get much better than that I tells ya...

Next morn I awoke to find a light mist on the rally field, a sure sign that a hot day was to follow...

[Linked Image]

After ablutions, Auntie Terrie cooked up a lovely Full English...

[Linked Image]

As even more people turned up, the lads from Wiltshire showed up, one with the girlfriend riding an A10, looked to me that the diet she was on was working a little too well...

[Linked Image]

Tents going up...

[Linked Image]

And just a lazy day mooching about for us, meeting and greeting, best of all there was a FREE meal today, and a band playing, so time to meet even more people. And after a few beers looked who I bumped into...

[Linked Image]

Drinking wine seems to make you look strange, although Alex looks like that all the time, the lovely Amy don't though. So it MUST be the wine...

[Linked Image]

All the time the band played on...

[Linked Image]

A fantastic night and yet another good sleep, only to be disturbed by the lad in the tent next door, sawing wood all night with a blunt saw, don't know what he was making, but I'm convinced the wood was English Oak, cos it took plenty of sawing. I got up early and the lad next to him, must've had some sort of farm yard animal in his tent. Sounded just like a Gorping Pig... laughing

Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
After me shower I had a quick mooch...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I could smell Bacon being fried, and then I see the Wiltshire lads having their breakfast in style...

[Linked Image]

Today being Sunday, was the Official opening, Aad Otte the Dutch club's chairman did the honours, and they had some old BSA's there along with a couple of BSA cars, then a Jazz band struck up and walked the Rally field playing....

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

One of the lads had a bird on his shoulder, covered in shyte he was, front and back...

[Linked Image]

Had a mooch around the bikes at the opening, one of which was hand made, bloody clever some people, can you guess what one it was...?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And the band played on...

[Linked Image]

Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

After mooching about it was time for the 'Silly' games, I naturally got roped into doing it, they even supplied me with a lovely Dutch girl as my pillion. First it was a slow race...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Did quite well till the last 6ft, when we wobbled and I had to put me size 11 on the deck...Next up was a jousting game, my pillion missed the ring with her joust as we got pelted with balloons filled with water...

[Linked Image]

Then we had to hold a crank for as long as possible...

[Linked Image]

Came second in that...

Before firing a BSA air pistol...

[Linked Image]

Then a BSA air rifle...

[Linked Image]

Didn't do too bad in that here's me target card...

[Linked Image]

Think both pellets went in the same hole, as my hole was bigger than any one else, but they said I'd missed with the pistol... mad

So I had a beer or three to drown me sorrows, a fine day to start us off good and proper like...

More later...

Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
clap

Life member
Life member
Many familiar faces in your pics Shaun, from both sides of the Atlantic beerchug
I have to wait tilll 2019 before I can get to another International so keep the pics comming there's a good chap

BeezaBryan

Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun

Well not *Lost* in the Biblical sense, more like we were 'touring' and therefore it was back to my GPS. and THIS time I'd tuned it in to the full and complete address, guess what..? It took us straight there... clap

"Straight there ..." he says. Like that's some kind of advantage on a motorcycle tour through the countryside .... ?

Good to see Alex and Amy again, they're a Loooong way from home!

You know, if you carry just a little pair of earplugs, the folk in the next tent can saw through oak knots in 6" boards, or sit up and hoot and holler all night, and there's you snoring away peacefully in the next tent, dreaming of those fine-looking Dutch women ... that one you landed has a nice smile, and the blonde on your left, someone poured her into that dress, methinks ... But hey, I'M not the one carousing with the gals in far-distant lands ... !

I don't see Pete Townshend in any of those pics, he's never not been at a BSA Int'l that I've been to, hope he's about ....

Lannis

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Feeling sick that that I missed such a good rally...... keep it coming bro

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Lannis #707436 09/05/17 9:22 pm
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by Lannis

I don't see Pete Townshend in any of those pics, he's never not been at a BSA Int'l that I've been to, hope he's about ....

Lannis

Never mind, Morgan found him, didn't recognize him without his guitar .... !

Lannis

J
Life member
Life member
J
3 words... wow, dang, thanks!.
Wow what a great looking rally...
Dang - so bummed to have missed yet another. I know the cure for that.
Thanks Sean... your yarns are inimitable - love reading them. Between your pics and write up, I can almost smell the bacon and Beeza sweat.

Cheers - Jim

'67 WD-B40
'71 A65L
'71 TR25T
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
Shaun
I posted more pics from the rally at BSA OC int rally forum
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=707427

Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Support Britbike forum & upgrade your membership
------------------------------
Join our British motorcycle forum on Facebook
Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
A short intermission will follow in the spinning of this yarn, as I quaff that Evil brew the devil makes. Also Hell Hole duties have intervened, the Commuter will haul me to and from the rally. So hopefully normal service, will resume soon... wink

And after a full Guzzi weekend, there's another Old Timer Rally in Belgium, that's happening the weekend after this... shocked

Mussels AND beer there lads.... grin

I feel a holiday in Hawaii might be needed to dry out... beerchug

Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by Morgan aka Admin
Shaun
I posted more pics from the rally at BSA OC int rally forum
http://www.britbike.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=707427

Those are some nice pix you put up over there, Morgan! Marca Bultink (of Aad & Company) Posted quite a few on f ace b book as well. Looks like this was one sweet rally!

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun
A short intermission will follow in the spinning of this yarn, as I quaff that Evil brew the devil makes. Also Hell Hole duties have intervened, the Commuter will haul me to and from the rally. So hopefully normal service, will resume soon... wink

And after a full Guzzi weekend, there's another Old Timer Rally in Belgium, that's happening the weekend after this... shocked

Mussels AND beer there lads.... grin

I feel a holiday in Hawaii might be needed to dry out... beerchug

Let the good times roll brother !! :bigt

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
E
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
E
Lannis,

That young lass is barely into puberty! You are a dirty old man. And I mean that in the most complimentary way!

Ed from NJ

Lannis #707776 09/08/17 11:47 pm
T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
Good grief, Lannis, you have a beautiful Matchless X just left languishing while you carry on like a randy school boy !

Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
Vera Otte is an impressive young lass. Her mom posted a couple photos of her working various music festivals this summer, on f ace b ook. Not sure what capacity she is working in, but I've seen her in a harness and hard hat, in the air, climbing on steel scaff.. !! That is enough to raise anyone above the crowd (pun intended) in my humble estimation.
Pretty cool. She and her brother Tim are being raised in the vintage BSA & motorcycling *culture* & *lifestyle*, with two strong role models in Marca and Aad, both off whom are wonderful people.
Seems Aad is President of the club who hosted the International this year, being in charge of the opening ceremonies and whatnot. By all accounts it was a wonderful indwell attended event.

Bravo to them and bully for him! clap :bigt

Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by ricochetrider
She and her brother Tim are being raised in the vintage BSA & motorcycling *culture* & *lifestyle*, with two strong role models in Marca and Aad, both off whom are wonderful people.

That's a good way to be raised!

Lannis

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com