Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Morgan aka admin
Morgan aka admin
Sävedalen, Sweden
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C.B.S Offline OP
Parts Dealer
OP Offline
Parts Dealer
ARP Rod Bolts For Triumph & BSA Motorcycles[/color]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

If your rebuilding your vintage Triumph, or classic BSA motorcycle, insist on using ARP rod bolts. Rod bolts play a crucial factor and it's not something you want to fail. ARP rod bolts are made here in the USA and in my honest opinion, ARP rod bolts are far superior over the original factory rod bolts. So if your rebuilding that precious engine of yours, keep ARP rod bolts in mind or purchase a set today.

[color:#FF0000]Want To Purchase A Set?

We stock ARP rod bolts for vintage triumph motorcycles. We also carry them for classic BSA motorcycles. Some include the Triumph T120, TR6, 6T, T110, BSA A65, A50, A10, and much more.

- ARP rod bolt set for a Triumph 650 click here

- ARP rod bolt set for a Triumph 500 or 750 click here

- ARP rod bolt set for a BSA A50, A65, or A10 click here

Want To Read More?

We have a full blog up on the classic british spares website in you would like to get a more detailed view or perhaps an "inside view" on ARP rod bolts. The ARP rod bolts blog for Triumph and BSA motorcycles can be read here.

Last edited by C.B.S; 09/14/16 4:46 pm.

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Q
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Q

Do ARP bolt kits
come with the special arp lube
specified in their fitting instructions ?

C.B.S Offline OP
Parts Dealer
OP Offline
Parts Dealer
Originally Posted by quinten

Do ARP bolt kits
come with the special arp lube
specified in their fitting instructions ?

ARP Ultra-torque lube is sold separately. Thanks

DOPE
DOPE
spend the extra money on a rod bolt stretch gauge, too. the ARP unit is expensive, but others are available.

i'm old enough to remember when patriotism meant not trying to overthrow the government.
C.B.S Offline OP
Parts Dealer
OP Offline
Parts Dealer
The ARP stretch gauge is expensive but it's also one of the nicest on the market. JEGS makes a nice affordable stretch gauge that works good.

Q
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Q

It seems more than a small oversight ,
Considering how important Arp claims , Arp lube is ... in obtaining reliable torques ,
That they dont include at least a 'teaser' sample amount ,
[Linked Image] with their bolts kits .

Last edited by quinten; 09/15/16 11:40 am.
C.B.S Offline OP
Parts Dealer
OP Offline
Parts Dealer
Pulled from the official ARP website.

Do I need lube on my bolts or studs?

We recommend using ARP Ultra-torque lube to ensure an even, accurate clamp load and to prevent thread galling. This is particularly important for stainless steel Fasteners. The lube should be used under the head of the bolt or the bearing surface of the nut and on the threads, unless a thread sealer is used.

Do I have to use Ultra-torque?

We spent two years developing ARP Ultra-torque and we have come up with what we believe to be the ultimate fastener lubricant. All of our torque values are based on using Ultra-torque. We do not provide torque values for use with any other fastener assembly lubricant (such as motor oil, moly lube, etc.) Use these other lubes at your own risk, as their use may lead to a part or engine failure, for which we are not responsible.
Do the threads of the bolts or studs going into the blo

Last edited by C.B.S; 09/15/16 12:43 pm.

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
...in their wpage specify ONLY for 650 Bonnie; so what s the difference with the T140 ones? the thread? Those bolts do not show in their kits...
Also, I emailed them due to that and the torque specs that are intended for the longer (the only kit that appears) bolts; and they responded in an evasive, elusive way, and repeating the use of those 32 pounds.
I do not see why not to use these arp bolts and try to obtain that 22 pounds intended by the factory.
If they not stretch what s the problem? they do not break...

C.B.S Offline OP
Parts Dealer
OP Offline
Parts Dealer
Originally Posted by reverb
...in their wpage specify ONLY for 650 Bonnie; so what s the difference with the T140 ones? the thread? Those bolts do not show in their kits...
Also, I emailed them due to that and the torque specs that are intended for the longer (the only kit that appears) bolts; and they responded in an evasive, elusive way, and repeating the use of those 32 pounds.
I do not see why not to use these arp bolts and try to obtain that 22 pounds intended by the factory.
If they not stretch what s the problem? they do not break...

ARP rod bolts should be torqued to what they recommend. Yes, thread pitch, material, and diameter will have an effect on the torque rating. A factory workshop Manual would be irrelevant in this case in regards to the torque rating. ARP only has the 650 types on there site. They do not have the BSA rod bolts or the Triumph T140 rod bolts on there site. I have all 3 types on my site. You can find the diameter, thread pitch, torque rating, etc

C.B.S Offline OP
Parts Dealer
OP Offline
Parts Dealer
Stock is limited!

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
...well, in fact I bought you the ones for the T140 couple of months ago with the Hillbilly bike address there in Ontario NY.
Do you say that no matter that they are different thread and shorter¿? than the T120s, still I should use the SAME torque that those.

C.B.S Offline OP
Parts Dealer
OP Offline
Parts Dealer
ARP states that the torque rating is 32 ft lbs. I can only go by what ARP recommends as they are the manufacture

C.B.S Offline OP
Parts Dealer
OP Offline
Parts Dealer
More ARP rods are back in-stock! Check them out today!

https://www.classicbritishspares.com/search?type=product&q=arp

Moderated by  Morgan aka Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com