Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Ian C
Ian C
South Yorkshire, UK
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Originally Posted by Peter Gascoigne
Alex, the tank is good, nice shape, as its racing, do you not have to worry about ethanol ?

I've not had any issues with the fiberglass tanks once I coated them with caswell, but others have had issues (search the many threads on the subject here). My Rickman fiberglass tank has had ethanol fuel in it almost continuously for the last 5-6 years and the only issue I had was that where it wasn't coated at the filler neck, it got soft. I repaired it with caswell and it's been fine ever since.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
sixtyseventy Lightboltrocket road racer...and many more.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
P
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
P
Kurt and Steve,

Wow, yes, that certainly gives me something to think about!

Thank you all for your input.

1971 BSA A65 Lightning "Bitsa"
1966 BSA A65 "Beezuki" with GT550 two-stroke engine
1974 Triumph T150 830cc
1975 Suzuki GT550
1975 Laverda 1000 3C
1986 Yamaha SRX 600 X 2
M
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
M
Originally Posted by Steve Wilson
Post-it notes Highlighter pen and biro - Eat your heart out Photoshop!!

Also
[Linked Image]

Ha, now that's what I'm talking about. Another logo that I think would look nice on the side panels is the piled arms, has a little red in it...

Peter, I think Victors look ok with just the tank yellow, but I'm not sure why. Maybe because I'm used to it, or maybe because it's more of an enduro than a street bike.

Mark Z

'65(lower)/'66(upper, wheels, front end, controls)/'67(seat, exhaust, fuel tank, headlamp)/'70(frame) A65 Bitsa.
B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
Oi, I like the Tribsa look, the best of both as well as the Home Market tank.version too.

I like the yellow and maybe add black knee pads. Leave the oil tank black imo, lol...

Seeing the iconic BSA Egg AND the Triumph tank together may be the best of both designs, eyeball wise.
Or not, hahaha...It does make my brain twitch, the pattern recognition cells start rubbing together.

Alex's race bike has a good look with the snazzy center stripe.
That may be a good addition, big stripes down the tank and fender's centers.

I will never like those straight bits on those aftermarket pipes, the originals were excellent...and that swept up muffler, argh, what I hated about the triples was that look, the Beginning Of The End.

Notice the new Triumphs have fixed all that fugly angularity and have come a LOT closer to the original pipe curves....and YAY! for that.

All that aside I really like the look of that bike, thanks.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com