Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Derbyshire UK
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
J
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
Just did it again, -I got 200 results, but none are about drive chains!
Did you check that those 8220 results contained information about drive chains Les?
I assume it must be my end... seems weird though.

BTW are we talking about the same thing? -I'm referring to the 'internal' SEARCH function. You've put in a link to an external Google search. ?

Last edited by Joolstacho; 01/09/17 8:55 pm.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
Hi Jools,

Originally Posted by Joolstacho
Try for example searching 'drive chain'. Are we to believe that there are no posts containing those words?
(And, yes I've read and re-read the tips,

Errrm ... On the Search page, if you click on "Advanced Search Tips" beside "Keyword Search Terms", a small page comes up with three "Tips". The last is, "Use quotes around a phrase to search for a phrase". I just tried "drive chain" (including the quotes) and got the "Your search for '"drive chain"' returned 200 results." message and links to the first 25.

Btw, the top message is yours in this thread ... wink

When all else fails, RTFM? grin

Hth.

Regards,

J
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
Thanks Stuart, as you say "RTFM"!
I hadn't understood the significance of including the quote marks around the search words, I'd assumed it would pick up either or both of those words if typed without quotes. Now I know.
Cheers
Jools

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  John Healy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com