Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Al Eckstadt
Al Eckstadt
Jordan, NY
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 89
Rohan 66
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 13
Newest Members
vanGinneke, Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A
11,839 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (Tom A65LR, kommando, Carmackle, John Harvey, Hillbilly bike, courtney), 26 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
T'other day I asked in the Hell Hole, what's going on about Christmas Eve..? I KNEW I'd be going out to France Monday, then coming home Tuesday, but they can't send me out there Christmas Eve. SO, I was just sayin'....?

I got the reply, come in at 16.00, that's 4pm in the Afternoon Wade lad.. wink To just sit there waiting, not working, WAITING, for a job that MIGHT come in, or might not.. mad

After all I've done for em too, and THAT'S how they wanted me to spend me Christmas Eve, waiting for bugger all till late in the night, well sod that for a game of soldiers. So I said bugger that, you can keep the money, I'll see you next Tuesday when I'm back to France. So today this very Eve of Christmas I'll be enjoying a pint of Doom Bar here...

[email protected]

Its a Pilgrim's Pub, over 700yrs old, them Pilgrims used it on their way to the Crusades, and I thought as I was Crusading to be treated better, best I get along there for some inspiration.. grin

Last edited by Kent Shaun; 12/24/14 1:41 am.

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
British motorcycles on eBay
K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
might have to pop in

Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
Keith lad, break a habit of a lifetime, I'll have a pint of Doom Bar and Janette will have a Dry White wine, cheers... laughing

It'll be a cold wet ride, but it IS Christmas, and only to be expected, we on the other hand will be in the car, COS it IS Christmas lad, and she moans in the Summer.. shocked

K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
apparently the wife has other plans,shes done with work early
so will have to have a drink after christmas
i dont go back to work until the 2nd

Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
New Years Day run with the VMCC lad, meet up down at the train station at Borough Green, get there for 10.00 for a Bimble around the lanes, ending up at the Pied Bull.. :bigt

Life member
Life member
Get your listening gear round this Shaun you old pauper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBm2V69oO68

May or not be suitable for a maiden aunt :bigt
And the Colonials may find the English a bit difficult laughing

BeezaBryan

B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
I might venture to the "White Hart" tonight if I can find enough cash (just lost £25 grand) mad Happy Christmas to everyone.

That's the last time I play Monopoly with Grandson Alfie,little git! laughing

P.S Shaun boy 9.45 at mine New years day! beerchug

R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R
BezzaBryan- thatis hilarious, thanks for that!

1967 A65 Lightning
1967 Moto Guzzi V7
1966? Royal Enfield Interceptor
Born To Run
Born To Run
Originally Posted by BeezaBryan

shocked laughing

Merry Christmas,

Steve

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
Originally Posted by BeezaBryan
Get your listening gear round this Shaun you old pauper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBm2V69oO68

May or not be suitable for a maiden aunt :bigt

That shouldn't have even been funny, so why am I still giggling? Fay won't like it though ... once she realizes that SHE'S the one putting the real words into the rhyme, she'll be a bit embarrassed and will complain ... !

Shaun, you KNOW that our Bryan and I have a word of advice for you in how to deal with this problem with the Hell Hole, and the way they treat you, and this business of having to be kicked in the arse every morning and saying "Thank you sir, may I have another?" when it happens, and sleeping in a truck cab in a French truck depot instead of in a warm bed with your woman, and having to compete for time off to be with your mates .... It's worth it, it is, and we shall harass and beat you EVERY DAY until you do it our way ... !!

Lannis

Be guided by facts that you can observe yourself, along with knowledge of how people have behaved during similar periods in history.
D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Shaun Lad.
The Robin Hood, I was told when we stopped in there for a bit of a lunch, it is one of the oldest pubs in all of "Merry Olde"! Like you said, right on the pilgrim's way to do their penance at the Cathedral in Canterbury. And About a thousand years ago those poor souls would walk all the way to Jerusalem for that same penance. After a stop at the pub first I'm sure.
I know all this stuff 'cause we got the guided tour when on a teacher exchange to Medway. That was quite a few years ago now but I remember it well. Been back to visit our exchange partners in Maidstone and Rochester a couple of times since but haven't made it to the Robim Hood but that one time. Next visit over to Kent and I just gotta go! I googled it up and they have sporting clays now. Right at the pub! Beer, shotguns and clay pidgeons! Fun!
Cheers and all the best in 2015.
Don

Last edited by Don Leaming; 12/30/14 4:50 pm.

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
Don lad, t'is a fine Olde pub, no Doot aboot it eh, lad.. :bigt

Next time you're over, give me a shout, and I'll let you buy me a pint of Doombar, and you can teach me some more Canadian.. grin

HAPPY NEW YEAR... beerchug

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com