Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Myles Raymond
Myles Raymond
Glasgow, Scotland
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
quinten 89
Rohan 66
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
quinten 13
Newest Members
vanGinneke, Gearhard, yornocT120R, robert wilby, Jonah A
11,839 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
4 members (Morgan aka admin, Tommy Thomas, GJVGC, Dave Comeau), 28 guests, and 63 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
OK, if you insist...
[Linked Image]

British motorcycles on eBay
D
DKA Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Yes Ron, I insist...That you give me that bike! I'll be over tomorrow morning to pick it up.
DA

K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
Wow! Great builds . B.I. I googled blown income customs, Is that your A10 on the front page? I'm only now building an A65 also for 750 class. Hope to meet up with every one at Wilmington next year.

1968 BSA Firebird
1200 Sportster
XS 1100
1972 Rickman 125
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Well, it is sitting in a crate in Liverpool right now.. and will be on the IOM on the 14th. Go get it.. NOT..! beerchug

Ron

Originally Posted by DKA
Yes Ron, I insist...That you give me that bike! I'll be over tomorrow morning to pick it up.
DA

Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Konon,

Yes, that's my a10 on the front page of the web site. I should have my A65 ready for the April 2015 meet.

1955 BSA Bantam D1 Plunger
1956 BSA A10RR Street and LSR Bike
1961 BSA C15S
1966 BSA spitfire
1969 Triumph T100C
1970 Triumph TR6R
1970 Triumph TR6C
1972 BSA Lightning LSR Bike
1974 Triumph T150V
D
DKA Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Ron, Is there some way for us to keep up with your exploits on and off the track at IOM?

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
My exploits OFF the track..? Ya mean when I use the porta potty in Park Ferme..? Just kidding.. I will try to let you know of anything note worthy. First I need to get there.. there is a minor possibility that I won't make it. Very minor so I won't even go there. Next I have about 30 items that need to be worked on. I simply ran out of time. The good news is that I have a great helper, I need him.. The biggest item is changing out the right side engine mount plate. When putting the bike in to the shipping crate my pal Frank noticed it was cracked. All the other items are pretty simple. And someone is always taking pictures. So I will try to post one or two.

I really expected last year to be THE year.. and it almost was.. that close. In many ways, this year should be better, if we can get it dialed in properly. I mean suspension and brakes and gearing mostly. The engine is solid and should not pose an issue... but then I hope those last few words do not come back to haunt me. The IOM is a terrible mistress, she will break every bike she can. Every year some bikes never make the start line. Then about half of those bikes do not finish. I will have a new chain and new tires for race day. Plus if we have time, I want to put in a fresh set of piston rings, before race day but after practices. Having a fresh engine on race day is one of the tricks I learned from a few other racers.

Next week at this time, the bike should be ready for the Monday practice.

Also you can tune in to Manx radio, they will broadcast live via the internet. Plus there is a live scoring that is also free. Everything but video...

Ron

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Allan G 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com