Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
BrizzoBrit
BrizzoBrit
Brisbane, Australia
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 86
quinten 75
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Daytona72, Kurtis Flying Tiger, Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe
11,846 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (Hillbilly bike, C.B.S, Magnetoman, L.A.B., quinten, koan58), 41 guests, and 81 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11
K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
Hello, My name is Kyle Bradley but you can call me Kehbe. I could not find an introduction thread so I figured this was as good a place as any to make my first post. Thanks for accepting me to the group! I had various 'mini' bikes when I was a kid but I first took an interest in Triumphs in 1979. I built my first Triumph bike from swap meet parts in 1981. It was a pretty rough old bike and I actually never even titled it because it was such a mix and match rat! I got serious in 1981 and put together something legal to ride on the street with a builders title. Frame is a 68' with aftermarket hardtail with a 1972 T120R-V #GE25622 motor. I went through the motor completely in 1983. I have more pictures and it looks nothing like this now! Hope to share more but I wanted to make sure the picture uploads okay! Thanks again for the acceptance and looking forward to being a member of the forum! Here is a picture of it in 1985 or 86 [Linked Image]

In 1988 or 89

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Kehbe; 03/18/14 6:35 pm.
Triumphs on eBay
K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
Nice,like the colour what is the name
t140e owner

M
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
M
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Special thanks to:

Allan Gill for wiring loom

Beezageezeruk for BSA related help and advice

Ignoramus for 1/8" Whitworth Stainless Steel tank badge screws....all the way from New Zealand

And help from many other Britbike forum members for their advice and good hunmour.

2 Years good riding so far and she still runs very sweet

Last edited by Mattsta; 03/20/14 4:34 pm.

1952 Triumph T100 in a BSA A7 Frame
A
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
A
[Linked Image][/URL]

Triton vs Triumph

1958 Triton
1958 Triumph 650 Speed Twin
1958 Velocette Viper
1959 Norton 650SS bitsa
1961 BSA Bantam D1
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Welcome Kyle ( Kehbe ) and hope to see and hear more from you. Nice bike and look forward to updated pics too beerchug

[img]http://s155.photobucket.com/user/kehbe/media/1465142_3688195461454_434229072_n_zps9c914893.jpg.html[/img]

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

"Every time I listen to AC/DC, so do my neighbors"

K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
In the first pic, the blue was 1982 Chevy Camaro blue. The frame was black gloss 'Emron' paint. In the 2nd and 3rd pics I painted the tank and fenders a DuPont 'gun metal gray' with just a touch of silver flake and the frame was actually called 'charcoal gray', I can't remember the brand name.

I'd rather ride my Triumph and drive my MGB!

Kyle
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
66 Tr6. Nothing proper or original about it but I do what I can to put the miles on and keep it in good shape.

Back when she was dressed in black at Coney Island.
[Linked Image]

In her new Mist Green a couple of years ago
[Linked Image]

And one at Seneca Lake. This is the view from Finger Lakes Distilling.
[Linked Image]

K
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
K
Thanks Jon,

Will certainly post up some pics as I progress. It's been in storage in pieces for 25 years so it's going to be an adventure but it's coming along! smile

I'd rather ride my Triumph and drive my MGB!

Kyle
Life member
Life member
My latest project (as if I need another) is this 1960 T120. Taken to this stage by Nelsonian (NZ) Murray Hunt. Murray already has a 1960 T120 and is now working on a 1959 Bonnie. All that is left to do is rebuild the engine, paint and assemble! Too easy and to me by far the best part!
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Sid.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Yep that's the bike you got from Murray in Nelson. Great start to a easy project. Good luck let us know how you get on. Murray has a mountain of knowledge on Triumphs. You can also get a lot of stuff from Joe Hanna in wellington who is a pre unit expert.

"We are "motorcyclists" & "historians" our hobby includes the research & preservation of motorcycle history. What we are doing in the research & preservation of iconic bikes is, an important part of its history & value".
C
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
C
1967 TR6C that I plan to restore:

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Welcome to the board Corvus. That bike looks mostly original, w/ hard to find horn, headlight and seat. Great project bike, there's a project board here on BB and we love plenty of pics and detailed members builds. Knowledgable members here will be of help if needed.

If I may ask, was the bike found in the field? Answer an ad? :bigt dave

66 TR6R Trophy
67 T120R Bonneville
68 BMW R60/US
69 T100R Daytona

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Very nice! That'll be a sweet ride. If we (BMCCNY) can help let me know - advice and parts requests can be emailed to the club email list. Although it doesn't look like you need a lot of parts - she looks very complete.

Al.

Al Eckstadt
C
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
C
Thanks for the welcome.

Dave, it was your Bonneville restoration project that got me cranked-up about getting another Triumph. I answered a for sale ad for a Trophy and learned that the seller also had this for sale.

Al, I'd like to go to the BMCCNY meet today, but I have to work. So far I've got the tail light and primary cover. I'll put a center stand on, too.

I'm still considering how to proced, and I'll post pictures as it progresses.

Sam

D
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
Originally Posted by Corvus
Thanks for the welcome.

Dave, it was your Bonneville restoration project that got me cranked-up about getting another Triumph. I answered a for sale ad for a Trophy and learned that the seller also had this for sale.

Al, I'd like to go to the BMCCNY meet today, but I have to work. So far I've got the tail light and primary cover. I'll put a center stand on, too.

I'm still considering how to proced, and I'll post pictures as it progresses.

Sam

The right place at the right time Sam...real glad another Triumph will be saved, my 67 project thread was started with that hope in mind! :bigt dave

66 TR6R Trophy
67 T120R Bonneville
68 BMW R60/US
69 T100R Daytona

J
Jel Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
Before
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
After
[img:left]http://[Linked Image][/img]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

At last the finished article!!! A few people have asked about pic's, so here are a few 'before and afters' of the bike that gave me so much hassle!!!
Hard to believe it is the same bike, but it is. She is back to original, including the 78' paint of her birth, Tawny brown and gold (only did this colour in 78!!)
hope you like, and a big thank you to everyone who helped me get here, bit of fine tuning still, but looking forward to the summer!!!

thanks again... Jel

Last edited by Jel; 05/15/14 3:26 pm.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Nice job, Jel.
Great feeling of satisfaction having persevered through the difficult bits.
When I am next at my sisters in Rugby I will look you up.
Best Regards,
Richard (Beard)

T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
Fantastic job, Jel - how long did that take you? Also (if you don't mind me asking) what made you decide not to re-use that super "King & Queen seat"? Is it for sale? laughing

J
Jel Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
Hi Tidza, I aquired the bike about 5 years ago, took about 2/3 years (ish!) to restore (wasn't in a rush)did about a thousand miles or so but she never ran very well, erratic starting, etc.... (you may have seen my posts) Stripped engine down again (re recent posts!!)Found a few issues which I rectified and which were obviously down to my inexperience!!? Got to say I have learnt a lot, especially from this site...
The King and Queen seat?? Well decided she needed to back to original, and the brown seat goes well with the paint...
I still have that seat in the loft and i guess it is no good to me, pretty cool.. original 70's K & Q seat in excellent condition!!!

Hi Richard, Yeah maybe see you when you're back in Blighty!!

Cheers guys, Jel

Last edited by Jel; 05/16/14 8:10 am.
T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
Hi Richard

Seems you did a great job - 2 to 3 years seems quite quick to be, given the amount of work that's obviously gone into it. Did you have the paintwork completed locally? It looks pretty good - I'm looking for someone to do my '77 TR7RV tank, preferably not too far from Derbyshire. Could you advise who did yours and if you're pleased with it (which I assume you are, if it's half as good as the photos suggest).

Only joking about the K&Q seat - nice period piece though! grin

Charlie

T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
Jel - not Richard! blush Sorry!

J
Jel Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
Hi Charlie,

paint was done by a nice chap called Paul at KAS Racepaint in Kettering, which wouldn't be that far from you?? Yes very pleased with it...top quality... They do have a website with a gallery, have a look...or give him a call, he's very helpful.

Think it was nearer to 3 years, but think I have spent longer trying to get her running right than actually re-building!!! crazy...

Guessed you were joking about the seat... but thought I could
use the opportunity for a plug!!!! wink

cheers Jel...

Last edited by Jel; 05/19/14 4:00 am.
F
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
F
Just picked up this '59 TRW. Almost complete and matching #'s, came with the rack but no pillion pad or front plate.

[Linked Image]

Sorry, having trouble loading the image from flicker

Last edited by Fetch; 05/23/14 7:23 am.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I love the colour, but I don't think it is the factory correct colour or as it was when it left the factory. I also don't think the year was '59/60.

"We are "motorcyclists" & "historians" our hobby includes the research & preservation of motorcycle history. What we are doing in the research & preservation of iconic bikes is, an important part of its history & value".
F
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
F
Frame & engine #'s are 27496NA, which puts it either 59 or 60 according to the lists I've seen. I've got it torn down to clean and sort out, all indications are the paint is totally original. The blue is Canadian Airforce, or so I've been told. Brian Slark in the Barber video mentions the Blue TRW's at the end of this video.

Triumph TRW

Page 3 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 10 11

Moderated by  John Healy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com