Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
royaloilfield
royaloilfield
Trenton, New Jersey
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 86
quinten 75
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Daytona72, Kurtis Flying Tiger, Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe
11,846 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (quinten, Magnetoman, Peter Williams, John Harvey, Gordon Gray), 32 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#505987 09/13/13 3:37 am
A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
Hi
I own a rigid Velo 500 circa 1936/7 ?? which is very intact & am now considering restoring this bike. Can anyone please advise where i can download some restoration literature for this bike. I also have a 1949 MAC 350.
Thanks
Anji
Pune, India

British motorcycles on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Anji:
The first thing to do is to set aside about an hour and Google every combination of Velocette MSS, set up a folder and copy all the good pictures and information you can find into the folder.
The second thing to do is to join the Velocette Owners Club in the UK and look at the great information that they have on line.
The third thing to do is to every few days search eBay for MSS literature like the following:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VELOCETTE-V...ture&hash=item5af51dbf26&vxp=mtr

Over a period of a few months you will be able to find all the information you need to restore your bike.

Good Luck
Bill K

Last edited by AG Bill; 09/14/13 12:02 pm.

63 BSA Goldstar Catalina Scrambler
70 BSA Victor Special
67 Lotus Elan Coupe
30 Ford Model A Sport Coupe
67 Turbo Offenhauser Indy Car Display Engine
A
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
A
Thanks Bill. Will commence the exercise forthwith
See you have a great collection of bikes & cars. I too have been collecting since early 70's & have 30 odd bikes. To name a few:Would post some photos but dont know how!!!!!!

1919 T Ford ( Iam the second owner )
1957 Ariel Square 4
1951 Norton Inter OHC 500
1953 ?? Sunbeam S7
1955 Guzzi Falcone 500
1952 BSA Golden Flash
1960 BSA Super Rocket 650 ( which I rode back to India from UK in 1965 )
1918 Triumph 500 Model H
1961 Norton Dommi 500
etc
Regards, Anji

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Anji:
Regarding the posting of photos: Carefully review the first posting in this forum on a step by step method of posting pictures. The critical step is to open a Photobucket account from which you can copy a link to your photos. Of course, only Velocette photos in this Forum!

Regarding our collections of motorcycles and vehicles...All we need is the time, money and work space to restore all these great toys! I am currently working an existing owner to sell me a 1958 Velocette Venom...will see how it turns out.
Regards,
Bill K

63 BSA Goldstar Catalina Scrambler
70 BSA Victor Special
67 Lotus Elan Coupe
30 Ford Model A Sport Coupe
67 Turbo Offenhauser Indy Car Display Engine

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com