Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
BritTwit
BritTwit
Kansas City area
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 86
quinten 75
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Daytona72, Kurtis Flying Tiger, Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe
11,846 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (C.B.S, rightshifter, Rohan, BikeVice, koan58, Hillbilly bike), 33 guests, and 70 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
B
bon Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
Can Someone please post some pictures of how they mounted their battery boxes or battery platforms behind the gearboxes of their tritons ? I am mounting a t150 triple lump in a featherbed and there is plenty of room between the gearbox and front of the swinging arm for the battery.

Check out some eBay stuff
B
bon Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
Wot no one ? Ok then , can someone describe how the battery box or platform is held to the frame , i was thinking of welding two brackets on the bottom frame cross member to hold it , any thoughts ?

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
bon, don't have any pics yet because it's not done, but I'm planning on putting mine under the rear compartment of the seat along with electronics on my narrow bed and T110 special. Crafting sorta a hinged compartment for the whole shooting match.
Billy

Bunch of 60s Bonnies (mostly in pieces), a 46/48 T100 project, a 73 Commando Interstate, 58 Cub, 68 Norton P11 project and one barely started slimline/pre unit Triton
D
Dug Offline
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
D
My solution was a bit like the previous. I had fitted an oil filter behind the gearbox where they normally hang the battery and I have a central oil tank so the best spot I could find was under the seat behind the oil tank. I use a 7ah Gel so its smaller in size than the lead acid. I had to modify my gf seat pan with a cut in for clearance. Its all tight, very utilitarian and took 3 attempts but it fits.... I'll post a pic tomorrow.
One problem I have is the God awful bright yellow Motobatt. I've seen a couple of customs where the battery is fully visible and they're so gawdy your eye zooms straight in on it.
I tried real hard to cover mine as much as possible !

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I set mine in place between the tranny/engine mount plates, surrounded by foam padding. It's also a small modern AGM type, so no worries.

[Linked Image]

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
S
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
S
I have an aftermarket one on the shelf. I will try to snap a pic and upload it, if you like it I can take measurements.

J
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
i know some are integral to the oil tank.....
[email protected]

B
bon Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
B
Thanks for the replies, just planning to get all the bracket welding done and don't want to discover too late i need to weld on brackets for a battery tray etc.
I don't want to use one thats integral with the oil tank as i am using a trident engine and need all the room in that area i can get.

Moderated by  GrandPaul 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com