Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
GrandPaul
GrandPaul
Leander (Central) Texas, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 87
quinten 75
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Daytona72, Kurtis Flying Tiger, Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe
11,846 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
5 members (BrizzoBrit, Lew101, Gordon Gray, robcurrie, HughdeMann), 24 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#489039 05/06/13 11:32 pm
Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
I had the Norton up to Hugh Mackie's Sixth Street Specials recently for some work, and have been popping about on it, doing shorty rides about the local area, but today I had some time, and thought I'd venture further from home.

[Linked Image]

I decided to ride south(ish) and crossed the valley, riding as I often do, along the Yellow Breeches creek.

Along the way, I stopped to take a pic of a sign I've always liked:

[Linked Image]

Seriously.

[Linked Image]

Still trout season out here, and folks are out fishin'...

[Linked Image]

Took the above shot off a railroad bridge. The track cuts out across the Great Cumberland Valley, rolling through pure farm country.

[Linked Image]

Before I got up into the mountain, I realised I hadn't eaten much all day, so I stopped for a bite...

[Linked Image]

I pretty much had the road to myself- not much traffic out on this leg of the ride, which was nice- I could pick my speed. I picked fast. Stopped at Laurel Lake and sure enough, there was a guy fishing... did I mention it's Trout Season?

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It's really beautiful around here right now- all the leaves are popping, and anything that might be in bloom, is. Dogwoods, redbud, forsythia, buttercups, wildflowers of various types... amazing.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The bike still isn't running perfectly- it's a bit choppy- after I got home, I cleaned the fuel filter, and the air filter, and emptied the float bowl... took it around the block a couple times- still choppy. Better, but not perfect.
Just the same, it was nice to be out. I have 4 of 5 bikes legal and running right now. And I've pretty much been riding them all.

Cheers!

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

British motorcycles on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
good stuff Tom!!!! Nice shot of the Norton tank!!!!

Brian
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Nice pics, kinda makes me wonder if I need to work the rest of the week or go riding. Better check w/ my banker first.
Billy

Bunch of 60s Bonnies (mostly in pieces), a 46/48 T100 project, a 73 Commando Interstate, 58 Cub, 68 Norton P11 project and one barely started slimline/pre unit Triton
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Tom, thanks for the pics. Its always nice to see what you bikers are up to on the other side of the water.
Talking of lakes, that's one thing we don't have many of in our part of the world (South East UK). Plenty of sea - but not many lakes!

--------------------------------

Don't nail that lid down - I'm still bloomin' breathing !!
Click here to see SPIDER cartoons!
T
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
T
Very nice pics, Tom! Enjoyed the ride along. Looks like the type of countryside I prefer - in God's country. But where God gave you lakes, I have vast farm fields.

Fetching Norton there, too. Corbin seat? Always wanted one.

Cheers

Richard

Last edited by T140V-Rich; 05/07/13 12:31 pm.

1977 T-140V
1973 T-140V
2011 Bonneville SE
Author of "Relics and Reminiscing."
Life member
Life member
Nice pics & nice ride Tom, thanks for sharing smile

BeezaBryan

He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination, It's the glory of the ride (Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Beautiful country, beautiful bike. Thanks for the pictures.

Oh, and congratulations on having 4 outa 5 ready for exercise.

Ray

'64 TR6R Plus some Twins from other countries (U.S., Germany, Japan)
Odd member
Odd member
Tom Bro Dude, beautiful just beautiful.. :bigt 4 bikes up and running eh..? One more lad and you equal me, say, why don't you send for me and I'll help you ride them roads.. wink

I can see it now...

We hit them lanes on the wrong side of the road, pull into a petrol station to use that funny green shyte you call money, ride a bit more, till we find a great cafe, where I get asked a million questions about how I want me eggs..! Then we continue, further and further, I notice I need something, so we pull into a shop. I find what I want, get the correct money out, and she tells me another price, I ask how come..? And TAX is the answer..! Then at the end of a fantastic ride with me Brother from another Mother, we pull into a great bar for Ale, here I find that you can't just pay for you beer and walk away, you HAVE to give the lad a *Tip*..?

We decide that we're too far from home, so pull into a Motel, yet more 'Tipping' handing money over fist for stuff I don't want or need, like the lad taking me bag to me room, BLIMEY I can do that for FREE. And the waiter that done brung me a plate of food, don't he get paid anyway..?

Next morning after more 'Tipping' we hit the road once more, and another great day...

BOY, how I WISH I was there my brother.. wink Tipping and all.. laughing

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Life member
Life member
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun
Tom Bro Dude,

Hey Shaun old lad, you forgot about the cow tipping laughing

BeezaBryan

He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination, It's the glory of the ride (Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Moto Mojo
OP Offline
Moto Mojo
Originally Posted by BeezaBryan
Originally Posted by Kent Shaun
Tom Bro Dude,

Hey Shaun old lad, you forgot about the cow tipping laughing

Tipping- NOT a city in China!

Listen Shaun... Keep that dream alive my man. Stay focused cuz you just never know.
I mean it COULD happen.

But you gotta WANT it.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com