Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
GrandPaul
GrandPaul
Leander (Central) Texas, USA
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 87
quinten 75
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Daytona72, Kurtis Flying Tiger, Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe
11,846 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
7 members (chaterlea25, bill50cal, Adam M., Jon W. Whitley, BrizzoBrit, robcurrie, Lew101), 25 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#485343 04/11/13 8:33 am
Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
I've said it time and time again, and here's the proof...

A study published in the British Medical Journal detailed how people addicted to opiates show a chemical response in their brain as soon as they know they’re going to get another hit – way before the needle hits their skin.

See I TOLD Y'all, motorcycling IS like a drug, and there it is in Black & White, this winter has hit hard, and the bikes have been in the fettling shed waiting. The Chemical response in me noggin was building up all the time I was thinking about that ride, and when that ride finally came, BANG I was happy again.. grin

Go on TELL me I'm right, motorcycling IS a drug, and I KNOW what one I'd rather have, and I'm no medical man either. Just a Gormless steering wheel attendant that knows nothing, well that's what they've told me, but WE know different, don't we children.. wink

Now get out there and take your medicine, no matter what make of motorcycle you're addicted too, take it and take it good, it's doctors orders I tells ya.. laughing

Last edited by Kent Shaun; 04/11/13 8:36 am.

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
British motorcycles on eBay
R
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
R

It took you this long?

Rod

And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space
'Cause there's bugger all down here on Earth'

An interesting point given recent events.

Life member
Life member
Of course you may well be right Shaun, in fact I'm sure you are right clap
After nigh 6 months enforced cold turkey reckon I'm in danger of overdosing judging by the past week help

BeezaBryan

He knows not where he's going, For the ocean will decide,
Its not the destination, It's the glory of the ride (Edward Monkton, Zen Dog)

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
You are 110% correct Shaun! Took my first ride since last October yesterday and it was better than sex or any other mind bending crap you can take. Cleaned lots of winter cobwebs out of my noggin for sure. :bigt

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
17 Triumph Bonneville

B
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
B
so are we getting stoned this weekend by entering the Sno-mann hillclimb?
p.s I,ve got the eggs,bacon and sausages,my task is to get the eggs there in one piece so cant get to drugged up! laughing I,ll be tipping an eggcupfull of a secret drug into Merlins tank so we,ll both be high!

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Party on dudes !!! shocked

https://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
This morning on the radio I heard a dude read a poem called "Wild". It was about a fellow living in Spain who only had a motorcycle at the time. When he got out on the road he realized that he had been only driving a car for way too long. Alot of us forget that we need that drug !

Bunch of 60s Bonnies (mostly in pieces), a 46/48 T100 project, a 73 Commando Interstate, 58 Cub, 68 Norton P11 project and one barely started slimline/pre unit Triton
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
I been jonesing for some motorcycling myself....
This weekend is supposed to be pretty sweet.
Of course the only needle is gonna be on the speedo,
But I'm already starting to tingle a little...
Bring it, monkey.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

J
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
J
One of my early nick-names was 'Buzz'.
. . . caught one today- in between the thunder clouds!
beerchug
Triumph's rule.
:bigt

1978 Bonneville T140V PX
MikeG #485453 04/12/13 12:27 am
Britbike forum member
Online Content
Britbike forum member
I don't know if I'd go that far eek

I have been feeling the not being able to ride blues for quite a while now. Here in Vermont, where I am anyway, the weather is still cold and gloomy. I have seen a few bikes starting to venture out..so maybe in another week or so...I can get a ride in smile

Originally Posted by MikeG
and it was better than sex

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project
1971 BSA A65 650 - Project
1972 Norton Commando 750 "Combat"

"Every time I listen to AC/DC, so do my neighbors"

baza57 #485483 04/12/13 8:00 am
Odd member
OP Offline
Odd member
Baza lad, I'll be skining up Saturday morning, getting me Joint ready for the 'Big' day.. :bigt Take it easy with Merlin lad, that magic will play havoc with them eggs. And you KNOW what'll happen if you smash them THIS year, if you don't see if you can work it out from these few words...

Round, Bar, Beer.. laughing

D'ya get what I'm saying dude..? Can't wait, and they say the weather will be fine as well, even tropical, I can see us now. Sat under the Shebang that the Hariy Mong has errected, Primus on the go, you drying all your wet gear off, cos you see the Red mist once that flag dropped, and the emence power of Merlin's mighty engine roars off into the Sun, you fly around the bend at the halfway stage, and THAT'S where the eggs break.. mad

So after a feast with no eggs, you meander down the hill to the quaint village public house, and stand at the bar. Well lad, I for one am HOPING beyond hope, that them eggs break.. laughing

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South

Moderated by  bill50cal 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com