Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleIndustrial tec supplyHepolite PistonsThe Bonneville Shop

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
BeezaBryan
BeezaBryan
Derbyshire UK
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Top Posters(30 Days)
Allan G 80
quinten 51
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Cyborg 19
Newest Members
Steve W 1959, Bobpin, VWK740, Alloy Clipper, DonB
11,757 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
8 members (TR7RVMan, bones_bir, L.A.B., johnod, Mikeyd, Nomad6T, SpeedyV, koan58), 38 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#485163 04/10/13 1:03 am
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Hi, My first time on this forum, but have been on the Goldie forum before.

My recently acquired 57 B33 originally exported to Uganda has been full of surprise's, botches etc.
On the Rocker spindles I found a mixture of washers and improvised springs! It was not very good!

Trying a few suppliers I have only managed to obtain the springs, does anyone know the thickness of the washer that goes with the spring and also the thickness of the hardened Thrust washer on the opposite end?

I have also heard that all of the above can be discarded with a single spacer just to line up the rocker arm with the valve?

Any info appreciated.

Regards

Mike.

Mike.

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Hi Mike,

Sorry I can't help with measurements without pulling the top off my B31 but if you don't already have the part numbers they are as follows:-

Washer 65-1118 described as the "Fulcrum Pin Washer"
Thrust washer 27-1111 described as the "Rocker Spindle Thrust Washer"

Beezageezauk.

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com