Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Zimm
Zimm
The land of pleasant living
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
S
SteveM Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
S
Finally got the Manx back together and planning to run up at Barber next month. Does anyone know if they allow racers to sleep in the paddock? The wife and I are planning to stay in the van if they don't run us out.

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I always do. Slept in the back of my truck back in April at the WERA/AHRMA challenge. Think you may have to get a camping pass, but I don't think I did the last few times and no one said anything.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Steve, I slept in my pit/trailer two years ago, and all the Britiron guys always sleep in thier pits at Barber. NO WORRIES!

Pitting at the uphill end of the concession/restroom/shower building means you have 2 opportunities to bump start your bike rolling downhill before you get to pit-out level. Being near that builing also means you can plug in an extension cord!

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
S
SteveM Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
S
Good gouge Paul. I guess that's the plan. See you there.

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Steve, that wasn' a dig, just a handy factoid!

Sorry, but it looks like I'll be anxiously awaiting the season finale results from the doldrums in Laredo, Texas.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, a BSA, & some Japanese
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Steve, glad to hear you'll be racing your beautiful Norton again. You do NOT need a camping pass to camp in the paddock, just a paddock pass. Patman will be bringing my rollers so don't worry about the hills. I'll look for you in the paddock.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
sixtyseventy Lightboltrocket road racer...and many more.
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
I also hope to have my own DocZ rollers come Barber. Anyone is free to use them as gratitude for others letting me use theirs in the past. :bigt

Hope to pit on lowest level where Tom Sharp and my hero The Phantom normally pit.

P.S. Its great that Steve will have his beautiful Manx entered.

Last edited by Britbodger; 09/21/09 1:56 pm.
S
SteveM Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
S
Thanks guys. Realllly looking forward to this one as the work schedule has precluded any other racing this year. Had a bit of a setback with a gearbox failure early in the year, but finally got it sorted out (thanks to Ken McIntosh in New Zealand). I'm spending the weekend sorting a few 'issues' with the Manx, but the wife and I are ready to go. Looking forward to seeing everyone. Alex, I may be looking you up at tech to get a start back up the hill!

Paul: Really disappointed that I won't see you there. If I need to pull the engine this time what am I going to do?

smile

Last edited by SteveM; 09/25/09 10:36 pm.

Moderated by  Allan G 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com