Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM EngineeringLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supply

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Welcome to BritBike Forum!
Britbike forum logo
Member Spotlight
Al Eckstadt
Al Eckstadt
Jordan, NY
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#208688 02/05/08 10:43 pm
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Elliot sez ................
Time to get the bikes out and tune up for Southern California Flat Track Association races, or Eddie Mulder's series, Gene Romero's program, or even AHRMA. You pro riders may also need a shakedown before driving through four time zones to Daytona!

Practice next weekend, Saturday February 9th. Anybody familiar with SoCal weather knows that if it's not threating pouring rain, the track should be awesome and weather wonderful. Of course, with the coldest average temperatures in the area in decades in the Southland [Global warming? (check with the scientists]) you might want to tell the pit crew to bring a jacket. Low temps mean the water, and the cush, stays in the track.

Practice on February 16th, with racing to follow Sunday February 17th, the day after. Those of you with motorhomes, trailers and campers can spend the night. Tradition has been a $10.00 fee for overnight camping. I'm liable to load the van to the roof with air matresses and blankets just for the fun of an evening full of dirt track lies, damn lies and statistics!
Lemme know, I can bring a mean pot of ranch beans! While I won't be riding for quite a while, I will be on the track taking pictures for Cycle News, San Diego Off Roader and other media, thanks to Jim Rosa's camera.

I've gone back to work, and driving on four wheels wastes up to 2 hours a day of my time, and recovering through a full work day has been pretty tiring, so I haven't been getting these messages out as often as the efforts of the SCFTA deserves. But I'm getting back up to speed.

This looks like it could be a very good year for flat track in Southern California. There are a couple of new things in the works, one of which is the larger track at Perris. Vince Graves says he wants to have the best short track on the West Coast,if not the entire country.
Other things I'm not sure I can talk about just yet... Jim , like Ted Hubbard, is completely healed and ready to come back and race with us.
His goal is to go back and run a National or two. Well, maybe not Ted, but I hear he's already entered Pikes Peak this year. Faith or Science,
they both benefitted from miracles through the past couple of seasons.
Those of you that can open the attached Excell file will have the new schedule. If you can't open it, give me a reply and I'll get it typed up
for regular e-mail.
Elliott

BTW, Elliot who works for Ron Wood (yup That Ron Wood!)was severly injured last fall. He broke a couple of vertbrae and has some rods and hardware in his back and neck. He has a zillion laps on his dirt trackers without a problem, but crashed big time on his mountain bike! aargh
dave - NV

Vintage Flat Track

Dave - NV
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
A
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
A
Dave,

All sounds like good news.

So you going to be heading East (Mid-O/Ashland) this year?

Alan
Cleared m out....left only
59 BSA Bantam (Trials)
78 Triumph Bonny (UPS)
02 Suzuki GS500
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Thanks for the update Dave :bigt: .

Just to add more flavor, dropped-in here in Texas to visit a local flattracker (Dave Valden). Photo of a small selction of his bikes below:

[Linked Image]

He rides the Triumph in the knobby class but his favourite is the Beeza in the foreground. Unfortunately he finds the Beeza less and less competitive in the so-called Vintage classes that apparently now allow the 7" (?) wide tires as well as relatively modern Japanese singles.

Such is progress frown

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Now thats a stable o'bikes... :bigt:

7's are the biggest I can run on the rear, and I have to use a k180 on the front to fit between the old Ceriani forks. Have you seen the prices of wide triple clamps for 35mm forks? eek

Lets get this cold stuff gone! I woke up to 10" of snow this morning and had hell getting to work... Hard to imagine sunny SoCal racing right now. Sounds pretty nice... Have fun and get some good pics of Joel on the Goldie, Dave!

Kyle#44

Kyle#44x

1969 T100R Daytona
2005 CRF450 flattracker (w/Athena 490 big bore)
2002 Yamaha TTR250 (woods/hare scramble)
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Have fun and get some good pics of Joel on the Goldie, Dave!
Dave emailed me some great photos of Joel in recent winning form on that fast Goldie :bigt: .

I would love to post them with Dave's permission.

beerchug

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
I got to see them too... Very nice! Of course it just gets me all worked up and it's still too cold to race around here! Oh well... warmer weather will eventually get here.

Kyle#44

Kyle#44x

1969 T100R Daytona
2005 CRF450 flattracker (w/Athena 490 big bore)
2002 Yamaha TTR250 (woods/hare scramble)
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Hi Malcolm .. Yeah sure, it would be nice of you to post the photos of last fall's Willow Springs dirt track racing.
'One of these days', I must get set up with a photo sharing web page of my own. sheeze ...

Dave - NV
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Dave,

Only too pleased to oblige. Here are two of Joel on his way to winning the Vintage class on his dad's very fast Goldie :bigt: ):

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Great action photos (like Joel's style)

beerchug

Moderated by  Allan G 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com