Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
Triumph 650/750 High-Output Alternator Kit
by The Bonneville Shop - 01/13/23 11:29 pm
New FAQ post
Missing edit button
by wrench136 - 05/30/22 2:57 pm
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 01/31/23 2:14 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
Benefactor ✅
by Morgan aka admin - 01/08/23 8:38 pm
Gold members! ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 6:30 pm
How to guides - Technical articles
British Fasteners Specs
by Morgan aka admin - 01/03/23 1:29 pm
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
KC in S.B.
KC in S.B.
Santa Barbara, California
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 77
DavidP 74
Allan G 47
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 36
Newest Members
BSA A65 rebuild, Dan Haggard, Padsdad, sam keller, Raz
12,386 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,525
Posts783,977
Members12,386
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
T120C Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Hey guys,

It might be me, but it seems that this great idea has kind of layed an egg as of late?? It started off with a bang, The isle of man, the english racing, then the florida team worked very hard to get all those signatures and goodies.. and it was pushed pretty hard up the east coast..never sitting in one persons hands more than 2 weeks at a time.. What is happening now?? Have we lost interests... I thought things were slow because of the winter, but what is the excuse now?? I think that we as a group need to decide what is going to happen to this bottle and the great contents... Should we be thinking about where this item should sit?? And retire this project.. it is named 2003 relay!!!! Maybe Morgan should be the Gate Keeper for these items.. Maybe a motorcycle display or a well known triumph shop...somewhere

We really should be thinking about the next relay to bring all of us Brit bikers together again..

I would like to see a more organized version of this relay happen, if it is to happen again... one where the bottle is in almost continuous motion... across this great land...

Well just my two cents, from a guy that felt very guilty about keeping the bottle in my home for two weeks until I could connect with the next rider.!!!!

Jack beerchug

Jack
1967 MGB Roadster..
1959 Bonnie
1966 Trophy
British motorcycles on eBay
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
Jack,

Thanks for bringing the subject up again... Personally I supported the idea with the Banner and riders log book and see to that it's possible to upload Photos .
It sure would be great if someone took control as project leader and see if it's possible to get it coast to coast. We hoped for the lower 48 states feel free to take control or push for as much you can. I don't feel I can do so much more from Sweden were I live... laugh
Keep up the relay folks help help help
/Morgan

Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Support Britbike forum & upgrade your membership
------------------------------
Join our British motorcycle forum on Facebook
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Hey Guys & Gals
Brendan here from Nelson B.C. Canada
The bottle was recently sent to Mid Ohio to be shown off again this year. It is or has already been sent back up to Idaho where it will be meeting me up here in Southern British Columbia Canada where I will be taking it down to the Vancouver area and heading down South through Washington, Oregon and California.
I do agree it had taken quite a while to get this far but it is still being ridden around. I think the biggest delays have been Winter and everyones schedules fitting together.
I have been looking forward to being part of this rally for quite some time and it is getting so close that I can just about taste the Guinness (although I won't really).
Just my 2 bits.
Cheers
Brendan Raftery in Ymir B.C. Canada

Brendan In Vancouver B.C.
'68 BSA A65L
T120C Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Thanks for the reply Morgan, but I am not sure what can be done on any end at this point. If I were to suggest that we get some idea of where the bottle is and what would be next move. We have taken such a strange route through the country that I would think it would be 2010 before all 48 states will see the bottle.

If it was my project, which it is not, I think we have to decide if now is a good time to stop the project.. If not we carry on... If I had it to start again or over... and hindsight is always easy..

Probably identify key people around the country in key cities... Have a schedule and try to work with that. I know people have vacations and work and all that but something schedule wise should be done.. I see this as a ride into a city by a group of riders with another group waiting cheering on. With this less cruicle timepoints can be met, with more riders involvment. It would also give a larger chance to meet more people instead of the one on one approach that we have done mostly. Also if some one can not make it, there are others to pick up the slack. I think for the bottle to stay in anyones hands more than 2 weeks nothing will ever get done. that is where the schedule will come in. Also with multiple riders and a schedule media coverage could be invited if that is wanted.

Again, this is only my input... probably no one else agrees and again hindsight is a whole lot easier then inventing this whole process.

Well again, more than my two cents worth....What does everyone else think????????? 2c 2c 2c

Jack

Jack
1967 MGB Roadster..
1959 Bonnie
1966 Trophy
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
Actually Jack I would be pleased if the bottle make a string of states that covers from one coast to the other... heck it went from IOM to UK mainland and from US southeast to the north so if it covers the states to the west coast then we did it... Right.... Even I was lucky to ride it a bit on a famous track...
Morgan

Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
Brendan,
Just writing to let you know that I used the BC DC shirt you sent quiet a lot. Last now in Greece and I see people reacton on BC DC logo thinking it should read AC DC. It happen from time to time that I need to tell'em BC DC is a Canadian group.... Trying my best to make you guys even more famous out there....
BTW check out our sons animated video

laughing laughing laughing
Ride safe
Morgan

Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Hi Guys,

Our plan for the west coast has been to go from southern Idaho, up the state, into Canada, over to Vancouver B.C., down to Washington State, through Oregon, and if people come forward in California, we'll get it there also. After that Morgan has suggested to me that we might send it to N.Z. and Australia. I agree. From there I think--and have said about sixteen million times--that it should be forwarded to Morgan. The Bottle doesn't belong to any one person--it belongs to the site, and Morgan is the head--actually as well as very symbolically--of the site. (Don't be modest, and don't give me any s***, Morgan. It's true.)
:p

We've had riders ready on the west coast for awhile now. We got a bit of a clod in the churn when it went back to Mid-Ohio, but that was kinda neat because more people got to see it, but let's get it rolling north through Canada, OK? Washington is covered and waiting. Oregon is covered, thanks to Carlo and the OVM, and waiting.
If I can just get Dave(NV) to answer an e-mail, I hope to get it further south.

Please forgive the bitchy tone, guys. Over and over I've suggested a destination and route for the bottle, and we seem to go 'round in circles, so if someone has to be the culprit and say it out loud, I'll do it. (I've raised four kids--nothing much can phase me.) That is, unless you guys tell me to get the hell out of the treehouse---that would hurt. (Long fall, y'know....)

So who has the Bottle, and who are they giving it to next? When? When do we get it to northern Idaho so the Canadian guys can get their leg planned? (This isn't really that complicated---I think that everyone is just too busy or something....maybe riding bikes, I dunno.)

Anyway, unless we're gonna sweep ythe country again with it, let's get the North American loop done, and get the thing on it's way down under.

Comments? Chuckles? Outraged angry opinions (obviously wrong...)? Let's just do it.

2c Just my 2 Euros worth....

Barb & Britney

Barb (Three MustGetBeers)
"Midnight girl in a sunset town.."

Britney the B44
Bella the '69 T120
Pip the Triumph (I have "Great Expectations!")
Jaelith the '77 XS650/chair
The unnamed '79 XS650 with...potential
Millie the R80 BMW--she's "Thoroughly Modern"
T120C Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Well it looks like I got things stirred up!!! That is good... I think more frequent post will help us stranded eastcoasters feel better about the bottle and be able to track it. There is no reason to go a whole month without posting something.. and we have done this quite a few times during this venture..

Well happy riding....Ride safe with the bottle and keep us and Morgan updated as much as possible.

Jack, The trouble child!!!!

Jack
1967 MGB Roadster..
1959 Bonnie
1966 Trophy
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
By the way...
I'm still looking for someone in the Vancouver area to take on the challenge of the Guinness! I will need someone to pass it on to and I haven't heard of any takers. Vancouver is a damn big city so if any of you out there know of anyone that would be willing to take it South of the border from there it would be greatly apprieciated if they got a hold of me.
Cheers

'68 BSA A65L
In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Mid Ohio? This year? I was there and did not see or hear about the bottle being there... Like Luke Skywalker I would have felt the force if it had been near....I always invisioned an auction to the highest bidder with proceeds to the site at the end (if ever)...I had a blast with the Guinness and would hate to think of it ever stopping, this could be perpetual with new members coming dailey and who knows maybe Guinness will change their mind about not wanting the association, now that this thing has been as far as it has..

I would like to see some pics... easy to post :bigt:

Cheers and a Guinness for all who have touched the bottle :g: :g: :g: :g: :g:

Mike Carter

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Hey guys,

I'd like to offer an opinion or two about this relay thing, but I'm too dam tired right now to say much.

I've posted some photos taken on my 650 mile trip through ID, WY and MT. Morgan, there may be too many, so delete any that you don't think are necessary but I'd like to have you keep the ones with me & Mr. Toad & T140E. Both cool guys.

Gotta go.
GregG

In Remembrance
In Remembrance
Hi Guys,

Hey, Steve441---aren't you in Vancouver? Wanna carry the bottle down to Skagit County? (or wherever...)

Once again---where IS the bottle? Anybody know?

Yeah, I'm not so bitchy today---got a little bike time yesterday, if only on the back of a--gasp!!!--Harley. (Oog...)

Barb & Britney

Barb (Three MustGetBeers)
"Midnight girl in a sunset town.."

Britney the B44
Bella the '69 T120
Pip the Triumph (I have "Great Expectations!")
Jaelith the '77 XS650/chair
The unnamed '79 XS650 with...potential
Millie the R80 BMW--she's "Thoroughly Modern"
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
The last seen of the Guinness as far as I know was Jim (T140E) in Sandpoint Idaho sending it to Rich in Mid-Ohio for that rally. I have e-mailed Jim today to ask if he knows the where-abouts of the booze. I told him I can head down this Sunday to pick it up if he has it and bring it back across the 49th Parallel to Canada and cruise it through the mountains of the Kootenays and into the Okanagan and out to Vancouver. I am in the process of contacting the Ton Up Club in Vancouver to see if any of them want a turn with the bottle. Any takers on taking it South again from there would be greatly apprieciated.
Cheers
Brendan in Ymir B.C.
www.bcdc.ca

'68 BSA A65L
T120C Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Well going back through the posts it seems that the last post was for the handoff to T140E (jim)July 6th and nothing since then... It doesn't look like it showed up at Mid-Ohio or I am sure Mike would have seen it....

Anyone know Jim (T140E)? GregG? passed it to him.. can anyone contact him????

Thanks

Jack beerchug

Jack
1967 MGB Roadster..
1959 Bonnie
1966 Trophy
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Yes, anyone can contact me. Although it doesn't look like my email address showed up in the "where's the bottle??" topic. hmmm
Anyway, Rich emailed me, wanting to know what to do with the bottle. Apparently he did receive it. He lost my address, so maybe his posts are also.
I told him to "Send it back to me, Brendan is waiting."
I'm ready to take it up along the Pend Oreille River and hand it off our northern neighbor. Beautiful ride.
So, I don't have it now, but I know where it is (kinda). I know where it is probably going next, and I know I hope to help it get there.
But what I don't know is when or where it was in Virginia. I can't find a post about that ??

(I also know I'll post when Rich sends it back to me)

Cheers
Jim Miller - T140E
[email protected]

T120C Offline OP
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
Hey Jim,

Great to hear from you... I am glad atleast we know where the bottle is... Keep us posted!!!!

BTW.. It was in Virginia in the summer of 2003... there are lots of posts and pics of the rides in the archive beerchug ...

Thanks

Jack

Jack
1967 MGB Roadster..
1959 Bonnie
1966 Trophy
Ride safe today!
Ride safe today!
Folks............ laugh
Please give me input for new names of folders for the coast to coast relay so we can upload photos there. state names or areas would be great and maybe the year to as it seems to take much longer then we expected.

Oterwise I must :g: :g: :g:

Morgan Johansson
BritBike.com.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Still waiting to receive the bottle back from Rich in NE.
And Brendan is waiting on me.
Although, in all fairness, I was late sending it to Rich, so I'm not B----ing, just posting ..
cheers

Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
OK
Looks like we are going to have another hand-off this weekend. Jim in Idaho is going to meet me somewhere near Metaline Falls Washington and I will bring it up above the 49th Parallel into Canada (Eh)on my 1968 BSA A65L. I am still looking for someone in the Okanagan or Vancouver BC area to hand it off to. If anyone knows of anyone it would be greatly apprieciated. I've put notices on a few British Bike websites and e-mails in the Vancouver area but no bites so far.
Cheers
Brendan

'68 BSA A65L

Moderated by  Richrd 

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com