Britbike forum

Classic British SparesKlempf British PartsBaxter CycleThe Bonneville ShopLowbrow CustomsGirling Classic MotorcycleLucas Classic MotorcycleHepolite PistonsIndustrial tec supplyJob Cycle

Upgrade your membership to Premium Membership or Gold Membership or even Benefactor

New Sponsor post
10% Off Girling at The Bonneville Shop 2/3-2/9/23
by The Bonneville Shop - 02/03/23 6:14 pm
New FAQ post
News & Announcements
Premium members! 🌟
by Morgan aka admin - 02/08/23 12:00 pm
Buy BritBike staff a coffee ☕️ or pint 🍺
by Morgan aka admin - 01/15/23 9:29 am
How to guides - Technical articles
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Member Spotlight
Gordon Gray
Gordon Gray
North Carolina
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 90
DavidP 87
kevin 56
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kev. 32
Lannis 26
DavidP 26
Newest Members
Igloo, patrickblue, j-bud, Uneasy Rider, Mally
12,395 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics76,566
Posts784,685
Members12,395
Most Online204
Jul 10th, 2022
Random Gallery photo
Photo posting tutorial

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
I have always messed around with Triumphs and still have a couple of 'em ('72 T100R, '71 T110).

This '67 A65 came into my life and I have really become an enthusiast. My bike is very pretty but not "correct" by a long shot. To start with, it was born a '67 Lightning but now has a '72 one-carb engine, so it looks like a T-bolt, with appropriate side covers & decals. Fine with me. I think the valve cover is different as well.

I wonder: is this old Monobloc appropriate for a '67-? (I just read that the Concentric was introduced in '66.) As it is, fitting the air cleaner is a real hassle and I wonder if a Concentric would remedy this. Aesthetically, the MonoBrick looks cool to me and barely leaks-!

Sorry for the dumb questions--this old machine fools a lot of Beeer people until they look more closely at the clutch cable, etc.

==Buzzy==

British motorcycles on eBay
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
As far as I know, the only 67 twin from BSA that had a Concentric was the Spitfire. All other versions fo the A series had monoblocks. So go for it. Besides, it's your bike.

Never underestimate the human ability to elevate stupid to a whole new level!.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
My '67 A50 Originally came with a Monobloc.

From what I've heard and seen, the monos are a more robust carb, mainly because of better materials on the slides. They are much more expensive than the Concentrics, though. I'd stick with the mono.

A smattering:
'53 Gold Flash
'67 Royal Star
'71 Rickman Metisse
'40 Silver Star
'37 Rudge Special
sixtyseventy Lightboltrocket road racer...and many more.
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Buzz,

I have two '67 A65L's and both came with Monoblocs.

On your valve covers: I have three different types and each type will only fit the head that they were designed for. My '71 A65L has an earlier head on it and I have to use the early non-finned valve cover on it. I kind of like the look so haven't tried to change it.

Hope that helps

Alan
Cleared m out....left only
59 BSA Bantam (Trials)
78 Triumph Bonny (UPS)
02 Suzuki GS500

Moderated by  Allan G, Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
British Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsBSA Unit SinglesPodtronicVintage MagazineBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2023 britbike.com