Britbike forum

Classic British Spares Klempf British PartsBaxter Cycle BritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesSRM Engineering Lucas Classic Motorcycle Industrial tec supply Hepolite Pistons The Bonneville ShopLowbrow Customs

Upgrade your membership to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
BrizzoBrit
BrizzoBrit
Brisbane, Australia
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Top Posters(30 Days)
Rohan 86
quinten 75
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Newest Members
Daytona72, Kurtis Flying Tiger, Edalfa, SDiff, Chopperbabe
11,846 Registered Users
Who's Online Now
6 members (C.B.S, quinten, Tridentman, Nomad6T, Stuart Kirk, Gordon Gray), 34 guests, and 76 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#154301 08/01/08 11:03 pm
T
Britbike forum member
OP Offline
Britbike forum member
T
The bike is for sale at $6000 and can be found on cycletrader.com I do not own a Velocette at this time, nor did I ever, though I was a member of the Velo owners club back in the 70s(still have my membership card).
There is only one picture and it is not very good but I wonder if any of you guys (or gals) that know a little about the MAC can take a look and give me an opinion.
What is a typical going price for a MAC these days. I have no money to spend on it right now but I am in the information gathering stage of buying a Velocette. I, like everybody else, want a Thruxton or a Venom, but is the MAC a viable alternative for the money challenged.

TheRC30Guy
1958 AJS Model 18s
Ducati Cafe Racer
Honda RC30
British motorcycles on eBay
#154302 08/03/08 11:15 am
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
That looks pretty nice - doesn't look as if anything at all needs doing and if it's that sound looking on the outside, there's a pretty good chance that the internals are well sorted too.

It's certainly period correct - including the dowty forks. Not sure about prices in the U.S but here in the U.K the equivalent price is quite fair.

1958 Velocette Venom
1960 Norton Dominator 99
1964 Velocette Venom Clubman Mk1

Link Copied to Clipboard
Job CycleBritish Cycle SupplyMorries PlaceKlempf British PartsPodtronicVintage MagazineBSA Unit SinglesBritBike SponsorBritish Tools & FastenersBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor

© 1996-2021 britbike.com