Sorry to be grumpy, but what I find pointless and useless is folks sitting around complaining about parts book errors and not doing anything about it.

Do people think this is rocket science? Well, if using words and making lists of stuff is rocket science then we're all rocket scientists.

I've written over fifty full-blown database application programs for businesses, schools and universities, and hospitals. Nearly all of them were way more complicated than TED. Many of them require over a dozen tables to represent the data. TED uses a simple many-to-many model - one book can have many errors, and one error can be in many books. Three tables, that's it that's all. Piece of cake for a database programmer.

So instead of us all sitting around nay saying, why don't we pick up pencil and paper and get to work? If you know something, say something.

Just two things - 1) look in TED to see if the info you have is already there before going to the trouble, 2) be sure you include specific info, such as full title, part#, and date of the publication as well as page, ref, and figure and a description of the problem. Don't assume that I know anything about the problem because I assuredly don't. I will do my best to verify your info and then add it to TED.

Replacement Parts Catalogues (RPCs), service bulletins (SBs), and WS manuals are all fair game. Esoteric is fine, but let's make sure to get all the low-hanging fruit. This project is as much for the next generation of Triumph lovers as it is for us.

If the project fails don't look at me - look in the mirror. I really care, don't you?

Latest TED update published last night: www.hermit.cc/tmc/parts/errors/index.htm

Bruce Miller
aka The Hermit
The Bonnie Ref: https://www.hermit.cc/tmc/om/manual.htm