BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorThe Bonneville ShopBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments.
Buy BritBike staff a coffee
Buy BritBike's staff a coffeeStill here since 1996 serving BritBike enthusiasts..
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Member Spotlight
dig
dig
new zealand
Show All Member Profiles 
Newest Members
Chris French, Mel PinX, Digital Expressions, johnjorgensen, Ray Byrne
10917 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
franko 84
quinten 70
Popular Topics(Views)
1,051,483 mail-order LSR
a word from..
Forum Statistics
Forums35
Topics68,093
Posts683,447
Members10,917
Most Online14,755
May 5th, 2019
Who's Online Now
88 registered members (Adam M.), 501 guests, and 1,016 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Can Anyone Tell Me Anything About this Vintage BSA #573615 11/24/14 8:26 am
Bike2 (800x600) (640x480).jpg
01www47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Can Anyone Tell Me Anything About this Vintage BSA

I had problems loading all the pictures due to the file size, but can anyone tell me where I can find out more information on this bike? I found it on my Dad's property after he died about 5 years ago. Now been in storage. I want to get rid of it or get it rehabilitated so my brother can ride it. Any advice or info on where to start would be great. Thanks!
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
6 Comments
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Anything About this Vintage BSA [Re: 01www47] #573643 11/24/14 11:32 am
R
rocketgoldie Online Confused
BritBike Forum member
Online Confused
BritBike Forum member
R
Hi its a BSA M20 sidevalve or an m21 is it for sale

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK
British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Anything About this Vintage BSA [Re: 01www47] #573647 11/24/14 12:02 pm
D
Deadstiffcatt Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
D
Hi! I'm Joe, aka. Deadstiffcatt, and I have a friendly 2x4 to smack you upside the head with.......

Many years ago, a small boy saw an old British sportscar in his father's garage. His parents got divorced, the car got sold off, and the last time this kid saw his dad alive is when he was 6 years old. KEEP IT IN THE FAMILY- ain't no amount of money that will replace memories of your father that will come flooding when you restore and fire it up for the first time, and when you and your brother take her out for a spin. You twist that throttle, and you're gonna see him smile at your efforts, and you may even feel a little extra help giving it that twist.....

As pointed out- she's a BSA M20 or M21, roughly mid 50's vintage. This forum will not only help you to work on it and find the parts needed, you're also going to meet some really good people worldwide who will support your efforts quite whole heartly with good advice and guidance. Me, I'm a Triumph guy, so I'm not much good on the info, but so many others here are.

Here's a few links to BSA M20 and maybe M21 info and parts:

http://www.wdbsa.nl/

http://www.petersclassicbikeparts.nl/contents/en-us/d72.html

http://www.burtonbikebits.net/bsamodels.htm

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Anything About this Vintage BSA [Re: Deadstiffcatt] #573648 11/24/14 12:22 pm
O
oldcrow Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
O
Daughter, I'm sorry for your loss. My dad's been gone ten years and I still miss him every day.

If you feel any sentimental attachment to the bike, I agree with Catt, keep it if you possibly can. But if you never rode on it with your father, or saw him ride it, maybe not. If your brother wants it that is great. Maybe the two of you can make it a project together. If you are near me, I can steer you to some good folks to do some work on it. If you want to sell, keep me in mind.

This bike was built as basic transportation for early 50's British roads. Performance would be like a '49 Chevy pickup. Great for rural roads, dirt, fire roads, etc. Not good for modern traffic.

Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Anything About this Vintage BSA [Re: 01www47] #573659 11/24/14 2:06 pm
Lannis Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
I'm calling it a 1955 M21 600cc sidevalve, since it looks exactly like mine.

Mine's running well with a few glitches and is about a $4500 bike, so I'd call this one $2,000 to $2,500 in nice complete condition with all the tinware.

Lannis

I'll believe that it's a crisis when the people who tell me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis ...
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Anything About this Vintage BSA [Re: 01www47] #585344 02/13/15 11:03 am
Lannis Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Online Content
Well'ard Rocker
Any progress on deciding what to do with the old M21 or is it happy where it's at ..... ?

Lannis

I'll believe that it's a crisis when the people who tell me it's a crisis start acting like it's a crisis ...
Re: Can Anyone Tell Me Anything About this Vintage BSA [Re: 01www47] #594481 04/11/15 4:44 pm
J
jacks the lad Offline
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member
J
look on the crankcase M20 it's a 500cc, M21 a 600cc, from the early 50's. Incorrect mudguards, should be deep valance steel on the front, similar on the rear but with a hinge just above the rear light to make getting the rear wheel out easier. Engines are just about "bullet prof" the British army used no end of them in WWII

All the way with BSA

Moderated by  Jon W. Whitley 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership