BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
No Name Man
No Name Man
SE Ohio
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BSA identification
#523113 01/15/14 12:44 pm
009.JPG
Johnk Offline OP
Novice poster
BSA identification

Could anyone help identify serial A50B6368. Currently registered as a 1968 Thunderbolt. Thanks and have a Great day
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
3 Comments
Re: BSA identification
Johnk #523147 01/15/14 4:05 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Hi John and welcome to the forum.

Identifying your bike will not be too much of an issue if you can post a series of photos of it.

The thumbnail is simply too small to work with.

There will be a thread here somewhere if you are having trouble, you normally require the image details from a Photobucket account or similar.

From the thumbnail the bike appears to have 1967/1968 parts and features. It may have an earlier engine fitted for that A50B number.
The later frames had the frame number down by the left front engine mount. I would expect to see yours there and possibly on a flattened boss.

Kevin (NZ). #523559 01/18/14 2:09 pm
Johnk Offline OP
Novice poster
OP Offline
Novice poster
Hello Kevin, I will post a better picture of my bike. It has matching engine and frame numbers. Thanks Have a Great Day

John Kidd
Johnk #525216 01/28/14 2:21 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
John: The best I can find shows the engines with a A50B prefix came in both 1964 and 1965. As for the 6368 number you posted, A50B frames start with #4001 in 1965 so the year could be 1965.

However an A50 engine is a 500cc machine while a Thunderbolt is a 650cc machine and should have an A65 engine number.

From what I can make out in the small photo is there is a lot of detail from a machine later than 1965.

Gordo

The roadside repairs make for the best post ride stories.

Moderated by  Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Gold Membership | Premium Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership