BritBike Forum logo
BritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike Sponsor SteadfastCyclesBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorBritBike SponsorHepolite PistonsBritBike Sponsor
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
DamienE
DamienE
Palm Bay, Fl.
ShoutChat Box
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
a word from..
Manuals on DVD (Shipping included)
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
One day my A50 will run again.
#215124 09/23/08 10:08 pm
my a50.jpg
KarlB Offline OP
Britbike forum member
One day my A50 will run again.

This was my 68 BSA A50 in the snow this year coming back from the Ardingly bike show.
A couple of weeks later I pulled the engine apart to find something horrible had been going on in there! frown
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale: British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
4 Comments
Re: One day my A50 will run again.
KarlB #215131 09/23/08 11:11 pm
Well'ard Rocker
Well'ard Rocker
The most frustrating part about owning an old bike is when the bike is seemingly "possessed" by evil mechanical spirits.

I mean, you take the bike apart with hours and hours of labor, and send the critical parts (motor, trans, magneto, etc) out to experts who have an excellent reputation, or maybe you're good and you do it yourself, and do it right, then you spend weeks or months putting everything back together and tuning it up and spend $2500 doing it and assume you're good for 5 years of hard riding.
..... and 3000 miles later, the pistons are slapping or the oil pressure goes away or the bottom end starts knocking and you have to start all over again and decide whether to drop another $2500 down this bottomless pit ...

Luckily it doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it's enough to make you want to pitch all the old bikes in the skip and buy a Kaw Versys or a KTM or something ...

Lannis

"Why do you wear that thing, Dobby?" "This, sir? 'Tis a mark of the house-elf’s enslavement, sir."
KarlB #215206 09/24/08 12:36 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
Wow you went to Ardingly! Respect!

I had that date in the diary as my first outing on my A65 only acquired in Jan. I was really looking forward to it but there was no way I was going out in that!

BSA A65 Lightning '69 US spec
KarlB #215784 09/28/08 9:10 am
Moto Mojo
Moto Mojo
hi karl...
never a good thing when ANYthing horrible is happening, doesn't matter WHERE it's happening! mad
cool to see pix of your kentish two strokes elsewhere on this forum... :bigt hope all is well with yourself and ms. julie...

tom cool

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

ricochetrider #221451 10/31/08 5:52 pm
Britbike forum member
Britbike forum member
It is a sweet bike Karl. I know you'll have it running like a charm.
Wade

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Moderated by  Jon W. Whitley 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | DVD- Manuals & Parts books
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Gold Membership | Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership