BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
Jwood & co JRC Engineering dealers Jwood & co
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
kboyd
kboyd
Kansas
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
32 registered members (bill50cal), 356 guests, and 477 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Biscuits, DT 150, DamienE, vietnammotorbike, Lennart Liljedah
10291 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Stuart 93
Lannis 66
Mori55 64
Popular Topics(Views)
637,880 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,396
Posts654,324
Members10,291
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
MOTOAUCT Auction Site #718679
12/13/17 11:03 pm
12/13/17 11:03 pm
Medford, Oregon
Gary E Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Gary E  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Medford, Oregon
Don't know if this has been reported here yet. I got this info from the OVM (Oregon Vintage Motorcyclists) forum site. I welcome a better place to sell vintage machines than eBay.

"...Friend asked about this site and a bike on there. (Not a lot currently but site just went live recently). News to me. But I really support having an alternative to eBay. While I still shop on eBay I don't really like all the changes they have made and after 2005 really turned me off. The problem is eBay wants to be just like Amazon. Another friend recently sent me a link to a vendor with over 4 million auction listings for one account. Not past sales LISTINGS! (Cheap Chinese crap)

But I know big sellers with 1,000 to as many as 6500 listings running at one time. (Boggles the mind). I have talked to a lot of people and most don't care about shiny Chinese knock off baubles,, We just like old greasy and rusty cars and motorcycles and things related to that. When I was on a eBay consulting group with the Motors development team, I told them every chance I got that the car-truck-airplane-motorcycle section should never be run like the main eBay site. It should focus on what gearheads want, Not suburban soccer moms looking for designer handbags and beany babies.

So, Competition improves the breed (or product) and have wished for something to rattle eBay's cage. eBay TRIED a hostile take over of Craigslist and its awesome the fended it off and not assimilated by the BORG. CL has its uses and can be great but what is needed is a true vintage vehicle sales platform, and I don't know if this is it yet or not, But I am hopeful. I also hope and expect they might expand to parts as well. (Hint hint).

Finally, I have NO-Zero connection to this site yet, but its worth checking out and hopefully turns out well.

http://www.motoauct.com/

How Does Motoauct Work?

The criteria are easy. MOTOAUCT is narrowly focused on auctioning motorcycles that are 25 years old or older. The process? It’s very easy, too. When the time comes for you to part with your machine, and you have chosen our site to represent the sale, you will be provided with the necessary instructions to add your bike to the lineup through the Sell Your Bike option. From there, simple and clear instructions will be provided to easily guide you through the experience. Once your detailed photos have been received, a thorough description of the bike has been given and a realistic price/reserve has been established, your bike will go live shortly thereafter. Your auction will run for 7 days. You will be able to watch each bid as it is placed and opt for alerts on your phone or computer as the bids progress and comments are made. There will be no proxy bidding on this site. The highest bid will be reflected immediately upon placement. With each auction we will allow the members of the MOTOAUCT community to vet the bikes as they are listed. This builds the confidence of both bidder and seller. Having a community of well-versed motorcycle enthusiasts on hand to validate a bike’s condition and or correctness has shown to yield greater success in completing a sale. Reserves will not be revealed, unless the bike is being sold without reserve. In the case of a no reserve auction, it will be clearly advertised as such. Revealing your reserve during the auction has a tendency to slow the bidding process down. We want to see exciting action for each auction listing, so keep those reserves a secret! There will be no “sniping” on this site, either. Our Moto Meter will run down to the last minutes of the auction. When a bid is placed within those last few moments, the timer on the Moto Meter will reset. This will continue until all of the bids are in and the time has run out, that is when the auction ends..."

1967 BSA Wasp
1967 BSA Hornet (West Coast Model)
1967 BSA Hornet (East Coast Model)
1968 BSA Firebird Scrambler
1968 BSA Spitfire Mark IV
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: MOTOAUCT Auction Site [Re: Gary E] #718721
12/14/17 5:48 am
12/14/17 5:48 am
Lancaster, California
C.B.S Offline

Parts Dealer
C.B.S  Offline

Parts Dealer
Lancaster, California
I spoke on the phone with the co-founder (or maybe founder?) of MotoAuct recently. Real cool guy with a great vision. I even put a link of there new site on my site. I'm always looking for better alternatives to eBay...

Re: MOTOAUCT Auction Site [Re: Gary E] #718739
12/14/17 12:26 pm
12/14/17 12:26 pm
Vermont
Jon W. Whitley Online content

BritBike Forum member
Jon W. Whitley  Online Content

BritBike Forum member
Vermont
I believe most of us greatly miss the eBay Motors of the early 2000's. I would like to see this site take off and will be registering as a member today. Thanks for the link !

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project

Re: MOTOAUCT Auction Site [Re: Gary E] #718747
12/14/17 2:03 pm
12/14/17 2:03 pm
Medford, Oregon
Gary E Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Gary E  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Medford, Oregon
I also hope it works out. I have registered as a member with them.

1967 BSA Wasp
1967 BSA Hornet (West Coast Model)
1967 BSA Hornet (East Coast Model)
1968 BSA Firebird Scrambler
1968 BSA Spitfire Mark IV
Re: MOTOAUCT Auction Site [Re: Gary E] #718999
12/16/17 3:31 pm
12/16/17 3:31 pm
Jordan, NY
Al Eckstadt Offline

BritBike Forum member
Al Eckstadt  Offline

BritBike Forum member
Jordan, NY
I watched the video - I'd like to see it grow. I didn't check out the fees - how do they compare to eBay? So I logged in and left a comment about the video (I noticed a RE Interceptor) and asked about buying/selling vintage parts. They replied and said they are hoping to offer parts sales. Looking forward to that.
Al

Al Eckstadt
Re: MOTOAUCT Auction Site [Re: Gary E] #719027
12/16/17 7:08 pm
12/16/17 7:08 pm
Laredo (South) Texas, USA
GrandPaul Offline
BritBike Forum member
GrandPaul  Offline
BritBike Forum member
Laredo (South) Texas, USA
eBay = 3% + listing (free listings available on a regular basis, typically $20 for a bike)

motoauct = 6%

YES, it will be nice to see it grow, if it can. Kind of a niche operation, so I don't think it will be easy or quick.

Last edited by GrandPaul; 12/16/17 7:11 pm.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, some BSA & European
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"

Moderated by  Alan_nc 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership