BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Steve Erickson
Steve Erickson
The Northwoods... Michigan
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
216 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,643 guests, and 588 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
revans, Gilly, XTINCT, Bruce Roberts, Brian Ellery
9959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 189
koan58 99
Stuart 86
NickL 73
Popular Topics(Views)
439,215 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,293
Posts632,504
Members9,959
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#713515 - 11/01/17 11:01 pm Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ...  
Jon W. Whitley Online content
Jon W. Whitley  Online Content

Vermont
Sung to the tune of "Pfft! You Was Gone!" on Hee Haw for those of you who remember bigt

[Linked Image]

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#713521 - 11/01/17 11:23 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
ksbundy Offline
BritBike Forum member
ksbundy  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Bundaberg, Australia
I once ordered some parts from an eBay dealer in the US, They took some time coming but as it was over Christmas and they were for a long term project I didn't worry. After a couple of months, when nothing arrived, I contacted the seller who checked and informed that the parts had left the USA. I waited a couple of more months and nothing came so I thought I had don my money. Surprisingly about 6 months later the package arrived. It appears it had been sent to Brazil (the address was correct, and some kind person in the Brazilian post office sent it on. So don't give up hope. (note:- I still buy from this seller)
KS

#713527 - 11/02/17 12:02 am Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
Les P Online content
BritBike Forum member
Les P  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Kiwi in Australia.
I got a pair of Lucas indicators off ManxTT once, tracking showed them leaving Los Angeles and crossing the Pacific to Sydney and an hour to my door........ then tracking says they have been sent on to the UK, and that's where they went until they were then sent back to Sydney and delivered.
A Moto Guzzi universal from the USA ended up in the Philippines for two weeks and then on to Australia, the NOS Sunbeam worm screw and wheel from the UK were somewhere out there for over 100 days as was a Suzuki TL1000 gearbox cluster from Canada once.
A Ducati SSSA from the USA was at the door in 4 days. (USA to NZ)

Only item of over 600 sent that was lost was a DVD coming from Sydney (70 kms or so) not a bad run really and a credit to the postal systems of the USA/UK/AU/NZ thinks I.

I have had tracking say delivered when they were not and the item turned up some days later, hopefully the cable and clevis pin will be the same.
If signed delivery it can be checked.

#713529 - 11/02/17 12:30 am Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Les P]  

Vermont
Originally Posted by Les P

I have had tracking say delivered when they were not and the item turned up some days later, hopefully the cable and clevis pin will be the same.
If signed delivery it can be checked.

No doubt it was put in somebody's mailbox, just not mine. I have observed a new carrier on the route to cover my regular carrier's days off, so probably her. I have even delivered mail that was intended for someone else that she put in my box. I just hope whoever got it returns it ASAP. I know from experience from carrying mail myself that even neighbors won't take the time of day to just carry mis delivered mail to their neighbors ( even right next door to them ) but have no problem writing all over the mail how it is not their address and leave it for the mail carrier to pick back up....further delaying the process.

One thing I can tell all from experience is that when UPS scans a package and it is not at the correct address, the scanner will let you know. Why the USPS doesn't have this feature is mystifying to say the least.

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project

#713545 - 11/02/17 3:52 am Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
Rusty Goose Online content
BritBike Forum member
Rusty Goose  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Sacramento California
I love that song, hate your predicament... I have the same thing happen, lucky for me the package was in my box the next day. I hope you get it sorted quickly.

1967 A65 Lightning
1967 Triumph T20 Mountain Cub
1967 Moto Guzzi V7
1969 B44 Victor Special
1966? Royal Enfield Interceptor
#713554 - 11/02/17 8:41 am Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Rusty Goose]  
Alan_nc Online content
Alan_nc  Online Content

Greensboro, NC
Temp carrier delivered medicine for someone down the street to us about 2 weeks ago, left it on the porch. Problem was we weren't home so it sat there for several days.

Alan
Cleared m out....left only
59 BSA Bantam (Trials)
78 Triumph Bonny (UPS)
02 Suzuki GS500
#713562 - 11/02/17 10:59 am Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Alan_nc]  
Don Leaming Online content
BritBike Forum member
Don Leaming  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Ontario Canada
Alan
Lucky some porch pirate didn't abscond with it!
My scenario was different. I put an order in to Walridge from their fall sale flyer on Oct.6, ... nothing happened to I called and the nice lady said "yup it are here. We will send it out right away." Nothing happened and so I called again a week or two later. Same nice lady said that the stuff was still there. She was puzzled but said it would be sent out asap. It showed up this past Monday. ... Hooray!
Never had that happen before and I have bought lots of stuff from Walridge over the years. Usually delivery is a couple of days after the order.
Don
quote=Alan_nc]Temp carrier delivered medicine for someone down the street to us about 2 weeks ago, left it on the porch. Problem was we weren't home so it sat there for several days.[/quote]

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
#713574 - 11/02/17 12:54 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
johnm Offline
BritBike Forum member
johnm  Offline
BritBike Forum member

New Zealand
Its a bit of a worry.

I had a UPS parcel from the US going to New Plymouth, New Zealand

They kept sending it to Plymouth in England.

Which make you wonder if there is a big pile of stuff in York England instead of New York USA :-)

Probably not!

I like Les's story about parts getting to Sydney and then back to the UK and then back to Sydney again.

#713595 - 11/02/17 4:00 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  

Vermont
I am now in possession of said package...that worked out much quicker than I expected ! Delivered to a neighbor on my street who actually put it in my box....I'm in awe. I called the post office beforehand and they were actually able to get the location it was actually scanned. Good work !

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project

#713598 - 11/02/17 4:14 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
kevin roberts Online content
BritBike Forum member
kevin roberts  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

ohio, usa
i guess i'm lucky, with no neighbors for most of a mile in any direction. the post office casually delivers mail to me with nothing but a name and a town. the UPS guy won't even come out if he knows my wife is working, as he drops by where she works in town and gives packages to her there.

the only problem i have is when the mail carrier won't get out of his truck to put a package on the porch because of "animal interference . . . " i asked what the problem was the last time i picked up packages, and they identified the culprits:

[Linked Image]

Into the distance a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled
A fatal attraction is holding me fast how
How can I escape this irresistible grasp?
#713640 - 11/02/17 8:22 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
HillbillyBarr Offline
BritBike Forum member
HillbillyBarr  Offline
BritBike Forum member

S.E. Ohio
Looks to me like the infamous Red Headed Gobler is up in yer neck of the woods! A sneaky bandit for sure. Maybe you should just leave some corn or acorns on the porch for a distraction

#713645 - 11/02/17 9:09 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
BritBike Forum member

BritBike Forum member

ohio, usa
i just back up to them so they don't suspect anything and swat them with my hat. then they run away squawking.

the townies who deliver my mail are afraid to get close.

#713649 - 11/02/17 9:34 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
HawaiianTiger Online content
BritBike Forum member
HawaiianTiger  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Maui Hawaii
I got one of those in my refrigerator right now.

Wow, that's one ugly SOB.
I thought the feral chickens were bad....

Cheers,
Bill

Bikes
1974 Commando
1985 Honda Nighthawk 650
1957 Thunderbird/T110 "Flying Tiger"
Antique Fans: Loads of Emersons (Two six wingers) plus gyros and orbiters.
#713701 - 11/03/17 11:49 am Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
HillbillyBarr Offline
BritBike Forum member
HillbillyBarr  Offline
BritBike Forum member

S.E. Ohio
They're in season now here in Ohio. Go ahead and bust one. They kinda stink getting cleaned n gutted but the meat's sweet to eat! Mostly all dark meat tho

#713775 - 11/03/17 11:45 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
BrizzoBrit Offline
Life member
BrizzoBrit  Offline

Life member

Brisbane, Australia
Ozzie post seems to be winning this one.

I had a part from the US not turn up and eBay tracking showed it as delivered. When I got on to AusPost, it had gone to Murwullimbah Post Office ( small town in the next state) and then no trace. Response was "Oh well cant help you"

Turned out when I bought a replacement the stinkin part was wrong anyway!!! Shonky bloody seller.

Ray

BSA 1969 A65F
BSA 1966 A65H
Triumph 1968 T120
Kawasaki A1R
& too many projects!
#713777 - 11/04/17 12:07 am Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: kevin roberts]  
Rich B Online happy
Rich B  Online Happy

Stone Creek OH USA
So Kevin, does your turkeys like marshmallows? Ours are pretty mellow when they get a treat of marshmallows. They would eat the whole bag if let them.

Life is too short to drink cheap, bad beer.
#713779 - 11/04/17 12:16 am Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
Boomer Online content
BritBike Forum member
Boomer  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Orygone
I sold an eBay item to a customer in Moscow, yes Russia not Idaho. After about three weeks the customer asked for tracking. I looked it up and it got all the way there, went out for delivery and one number was wrong so they wouldn't deliver and sent back, all the way to Oregon. I resent it with the correct address and she finally got it yesterday, 3 months after the sale. I was amazed that the tracking went all the way there, back to me, and there again.

Bill B...

Boomer
#713783 - 11/04/17 1:33 am Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Rich B]  
BritBike Forum member

BritBike Forum member

ohio, usa
Originally Posted by Rich B
So Kevin, does your turkeys like marshmallows? Ours are pretty mellow when they get a treat of marshmallows. They would eat the whole bag if let them.

i don't know. i throw them stuff every now and then and they eat it, but it doesn't seem to improve their disposition. the old one is the problem. he hung out with me happily all the time he was growing up, and then one day, i swear this is true, i rode up the road to the house on the triumph and he went berserker at the sight of the motorcycle. he's tried to sneak up on me ever since, and if i let him get close he chest bumps me from behind while his son watches. he'll run in to the kitchen after me if i don't slam the door in his face.

we have dogs too but i just gave the UPS guy a box of milk bones last week and now they're happy to see him.

#714048 - 11/06/17 4:11 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Jon W. Whitley]  
Dennis B Online content
BritBike Forum member
Dennis B  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Annapolis, MD
Jon I can relate to your loss
in the last year I have had 3 things come up missing that had tracking numbers
and I was notified that my packages had arrived
last Saturday morning I tracked the latest package and was told it was delivered
at 7:42PM Friday ?? the mail came at about 4 PM
but they weren't in my mail box
were they stolen? who knows
30$ worth of valve guides, important to me, and worthless to anyone else

S,o can you have the post office hold all packages to your address and have them
notify you of them?? that would be the only secure method
signed "unhappy with the US post office
Cheers
Dennis B

Member # 182
'73 750 Commando
'72 Combat Commando
'71 Triumph Blazer
'69 Victors
'68 Starfire
'51 Royal Enfield 250 'S'

#714107 - 11/06/17 10:18 pm Re: Where Oh Where is My Package Tonight ... [Re: Dennis B]  

Vermont
Originally Posted by Dennis B
Jon I can relate to your loss
in the last year I have had 3 things come up missing that had tracking numbers
and I was notified that my packages had arrived
last Saturday morning I tracked the latest package and was told it was delivered
at 7:42PM Friday ?? the mail came at about 4 PM
but they weren't in my mail box
were they stolen? who knows
30$ worth of valve guides, important to me, and worthless to anyone else

S,o can you have the post office hold all packages to your address and have them
notify you of them?? that would be the only secure method
signed "unhappy with the US post office
Cheers
Dennis B

Dennis,

I called the local post office and it happened that the guy who answered the phone is the guy who has been my mailman for at least the last 10 years and who is now training to be a supervisor. He was able to go into the system and see exactly where my package was scanned and delivered to....which was one of the neighbors on my street. So, when these kinds of things happen, best to contact your post office and get it tracked down. In this case, the mail carrier on my route now, is new and bound to make mistakes, which also means I can rule out theft...fortunately. Another thing to be concerned about is that now that the USPS is delivering tons more Amazon packages, the amount of those combined with quadruple the amount of smaller parcels like large envelopes and small boxes, etc.. is just inviting more error possibilities into the equation from an organization that isn't organized (yet) to handle it.

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.576s Queries: 15 (0.106s) Memory: 0.9512 MB (Peak: 1.2502 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-23 22:23:23 UTC