BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
DoubleDiamond
DoubleDiamond
Hampshire, England
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
211 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,778 guests, and 547 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Brian Ellery, Jon Andrews, Berni Ernst, johnguppy, michael morgan
9955 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 183
koan58 99
Stuart 88
NickL 63
Popular Topics(Views)
436,552 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,264
Posts632,045
Members9,955
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#713752 - 11/03/17 9:40 pm British/Bike parts collection for sale as a lot  
GrandPaul Online content
BritBike Forum member
GrandPaul  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Laredo (South) Texas, USA
I've been selling off my bike collection the last few years, and really hit a big upswing this year, I've sold 18 of the 36 bikes I started the year with.

Since I no longer have any project bikes, and all my nice bikes won't be needing anything for the far forseeable future, I no longer have the need for such a large lot of spare parts. I've also stopped taking in new client work, and have about 6 months of work left to complete, then I will be out of the business as a business (and will have VERY little hobby-related needs as mentioned).

As far as Triumph, I have a pre-unit engine project, 3 pre-unit transmissions, several cases for unit big twins, and TONS of various engine, chassis & body parts, mostly for big twins. I also have a 500 rolling chassis, but it's been chopped/raked. There is a nice stash of several thousand dollars worth (retail) of bagged & tagged new bits (almost all small/tiny stuff). Bunch of AMAL Concentric & Monobloc carbs, and several Smiths meters.

I have a complete Kenny Dreer / Baisley VR880 Norton Commando engine project that's worth several grand, includes VR reinforced transmission case & "big bearing" tranny cradle. Also have a complete retrofit fairing & bodywork kit for a John Player Norton worth several grand (heck, just the original JPN extended gas tank is worth several grand). Plus, a bunch of Norton engine & miscellaneous Norton parts including several swingarms (can fabricate a monoshock swingarm with 2 of them; I'll provide fabrication plans, I've done it). I have a trick pair of CV carbs with custom manifolds set up for the VR engine, also.

There is a complete BSA A65 twin "power egg" engine that was seized, needs overhaul. Other BSA stuff includes footpegs, rear fender rails, spindles, etc. There's also a matching oil tank & sidecover for a 250/441. Not too much BSA stuff. Common to the Triumph stuff, there are carbs & meters.

As far as classic Japanese bike parts, there is very little, mostly tail lights & turn signals, also some meters. There a mixed bunch of Mikuni & Kehin carbs.

Anyway, there is 45 years of memories in there, but I'm about done with it. I stopped taking new client work earlier this year, and it's my intention to phase ALL of this stuff out over the next 2 years, apart from 5 or 6 "keeper" bikes.

EVERYTHING is meticulously inventoried on a multi-tabbed spreadsheet, categorized (engine, bodywork, exhaust, etc), with some part numbers, year/application, quantities, my cost, and retail value. It's not a 100% accurate inventory, nor as meticulous as might be required to maximize retail sale part-by-part, but it's accurate enough to give a reasonably accurate value.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, email me grandpaulz@hotmail.com or call me at (956) 231-6871 and let's talk. If the price is right, I'll deliver it to you anywhere in the CONUS (or maybe even Canada). Estimated RETAIL value is almost $40K. Good, used, serviceable parts are priced at 50% of new price. So, EASILY worth over $20K, but I'll consider less.

This was all spurred by the recent passing of my late friend Nacho, who left his family with a total disaster of an RC collection and alarm & access gate business-related piles of parts. NO WAY my family is going to be stuck with my stuff to liquidate, even though it would be easier than most due to the extensive documentation with photos...

Last edited by GrandPaul; 11/03/17 9:43 pm.

GrandPaul (does not use emoticons)
Author of the book "Old Bikes"
Too many bikes to list, mostly Triumph & Norton, some BSA & European
"The Iron in your blood should be Vintage"
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#713808 - 11/04/17 1:07 pm Re: British/Bike parts collection for sale as a lot [Re: GrandPaul]  
Waterloo John Offline
BritBike Forum member
Waterloo John  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Hi there. I just started my latest project, a 1970 Triumph T120R and need some pieces.

front and rear stainless steel fenders
tach and speedo - smiths black face
front and rear rims with good chrome

If you have any of these and can come to agreeable prices, I could have them shipped to my company head office in Lenoir,NC.

I am missing the correct speedometer and the tach doesn't work. How do I bench test the tach to determine if it is the head, the cable or the drive?
Thanks
John

#713809 - 11/04/17 1:38 pm Re: British/Bike parts collection for sale as a lot [Re: GrandPaul]  
VincentEsposito Offline
BritBike Forum member
VincentEsposito  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Brooklyn, NY
Hey Paul,

What do you have as far as front wheels/hubs go? Looking for a preunit half hub to use with a 7" frying pan brake. Thanks!

1961 Triumph Bonneville
1972 Triumph TR6R
#713810 - 11/04/17 1:39 pm Re: British/Bike parts collection for sale as a lot [Re: GrandPaul]  
GrandPaul Online content
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

I believe I have a set of original Dunlops with very good chrome, I'll check.

No more black face meters, no stainless fenders.

I've never attempted to repair meters, I just send them to Joel Levine in GA. Over 40 meters repaired with 100% satisfaction and zero warranty claims.

#713817 - 11/04/17 2:15 pm Re: British/Bike parts collection for sale as a lot [Re: GrandPaul]  
Waterloo John Offline
BritBike Forum member
Waterloo John  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Thanks Paul
Looking forward to hearing about the Dunlop's. Are they just the rims or are they laced to a hub?
Regards
John

#713839 - 11/04/17 4:22 pm Re: British/Bike parts collection for sale as a lot [Re: GrandPaul]  
GrandPaul Online content
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Bare rims

There is a good 19" front wheel setup complete with SLS brake, 64-66 I believe (67 was larger diameter brake), it still has the tire on it too.

With that, a known 18" rear Triumph rim with chopped off spokes, tire still on.

Both are sound, but need re-chrome.

I have a total of 6 Dunlop rims including the above, all the rest are better chrome, but i think 3 of them are Norton/drum rims.

Last edited by GrandPaul; 11/04/17 4:39 pm.

#713845 - 11/04/17 6:03 pm Re: British/Bike parts collection for sale as a lot [Re: GrandPaul]  
Waterloo John Offline
BritBike Forum member
Waterloo John  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Paul
So, to be clear, I would be interested in one 19" dunlop rim with good chrome for the front and one 18" dunlop with good chrome for the rear. Don't need tires.

How much would you need for the two rims?
Regards
John

#713850 - 11/04/17 6:30 pm Re: British/Bike parts collection for sale as a lot [Re: GrandPaul]  
GrandPaul Online content
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

grandpaulz@hotmail.com for discussion please.

#715525 - 11/17/17 4:28 pm Re: British/Bike parts collection for sale as a lot [Re: GrandPaul]  
GrandPaul Online content
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Dreer VR880 Norton engine sold for $4,500.

Moderated by  Steve Erickson 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.252s Queries: 15 (0.020s) Memory: 0.8607 MB (Peak: 1.0472 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-20 17:21:09 UTC