BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
JRC Engineering dealers
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Mike, in Idaho
Mike, in Idaho
orofino Idaho
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
42 registered members (Alan_nc), 262 guests, and 231 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
JoeBrown, Bart223, Duckster, IDG1, pemdoc65
10173 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Lannis 94
reverb 86
Stuart 72
koan58 66
NickL 66
Popular Topics(Views)
551,558 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics66,576
Posts645,450
Members10,173
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Early 700 Interceptor ? [Re: obsolete] #710346
10/02/17 11:10 pm
10/02/17 11:10 pm
Iowa
Pender Offline

BritBike Forum member
Pender  Offline

BritBike Forum member
Iowa
Chris et al,
Glad you're keeping this one alive. I recently purchased a few of photos from British Only. These are 5"x7" glossy color photos which, I believe, came from the factory to be used as promos. One is a drive side of a Fury and the other two of an early (non-teardrop primary) '62 750 Interceptor. What is interesting about the Interceptor is that it is presented in a deep blue, not Chinese Red (which is the only color ever mentioned in early ads and parts books). These could be restored bikes than Ken G. from B.O. snapped in the '70s, BUT I also received a few scans (not as clear, unfortunately) from ex-George Helm's stock which show the same Fury as well as a VAX! Why George would have these I couldn't say, unless they were ex-factory promo material. Anyway, as seen in the attached photo - and very interesting to me - is the solo seat edition of the VAX. Never seen this listed as an option, but, if these are factory shots, I would presume it was at least toyed with as an option. Also note the straight-through "Westerner" exhaust pipe on the Fury (I believe listed in the parts catalog as an optional extra). I don't have access to the clearer 750/Fury pictures at the moment (I'm at work, they're at home), but here's the one of the VAX and Fury, and another of the Fury and the blue '62 750.

Attached Files scan0038sm.jpgscan0037sm.jpg

Furies and Apaches and Interceptors, oh my!
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Early 700 Interceptor ? [Re: Chris Overton] #710680
10/06/17 3:11 am
10/06/17 3:11 am
Rossland BC Canada
C
Chris Overton Offline
BritBike Forum member
Chris Overton  Offline
BritBike Forum member
C
Rossland BC Canada
I have edited my post from 3 days ago. I thought a sample photo on the front page of the REOC site was a link to more photos. Not so - it is a teaser to show what is coming. The archive is still in the early stages and it is hoped there will be more to show over the winter. My clumsy effort at marketing was way ahead of production.

If you have material that will interest other enthusiasts, please safeguard the information on the paper by making copies and sharing the copies around. Storage in multiple sites is a sure way to ensure survival. Paper and photos will eventually crumble; a digital file on thumb drives and CD's will last longer. Until the archive is operating, share the file copies here.

Re: Early 700 Interceptor ? [Re: obsolete] #712823
10/26/17 7:40 pm
10/26/17 7:40 pm
Iowa
Pender Offline

BritBike Forum member
Pender  Offline

BritBike Forum member
Iowa
Just a cool incidental photo. Just had someone send a photo of his VAX from the late '60s (before being shipped off to Vietnam). On his tour, his brother supposedly sold off his Fury, unfortunately, and no photo evidence of it exists. Check out those mufflers!

Attached Files 1960 VAX.jpg

Furies and Apaches and Interceptors, oh my!
Re: Early 700 Interceptor ? [Re: obsolete] #724272
02/04/18 7:03 pm
02/04/18 7:03 pm
Rossland BC Canada
C
Chris Overton Offline
BritBike Forum member
Chris Overton  Offline
BritBike Forum member
C
Rossland BC Canada
In 4 months, this thread has another 16,000 views; well over 100 every day! We got something right. I use it to introduce friends to my version of obsession with obscure and obsolete, but quality is suffering. Photobucket now blocks many of the excellent photos that highlighted the thread. Can the good folks who posted them find another way to get them back without buying a subscription?
My fault for not downloading the images; this hammer & wrench type thought they were all preserved here, a couple of clicks away. I particularly miss the Bonneville salt flats photo of a Jimmy Enz bike with Bert Munroe's world's fastest Indian photobombing the shot. The nice new old cars on a white background, looking like they are from a magazine ad.

Al's fix (below) works like a charm! Thanks!

Last edited by Chris Overton; 02/05/18 5:09 pm.
Re: Early 700 Interceptor ? [Re: obsolete] #724380
02/05/18 2:44 pm
02/05/18 2:44 pm
Jordan, NY
Al Eckstadt Offline

BritBike Forum member
Al Eckstadt  Offline

BritBike Forum member
Jordan, NY
Chris, It is possible to view the Photobucket pics using an add-on in Firefox browser. It's called "Photobucket Hotlink". It works in other browsers also. You will again see the photos but you can't save them directly - blocked by PB. Probably the best way to save would be right click and view image. Then you can take a screenshot or copy image. Paste it in Paint or some other place and save it from there.

Photobucket Hotlink is found (in Firefox) by going to the settings button, add-ons, get add-ons, scroll down to see more add-ons, use the search box to enter term photobucket and 2 or 3 add-on options will show.
Al

Al Eckstadt
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership