BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
JRC Engineering dealers JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
sawtooth
sawtooth
New York
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
204 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,622 guests, and 596 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Miguel PadrĂ£o, John Ross, slidezone, jon p fudge, JeffL
9996 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 135
Lannis 122
Stuart 110
koan58 88
Popular Topics(Views)
455,118 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,479
Posts632,081
Members9,994
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#660547 - 07/14/16 1:30 am FREE SHIPPING on vapor blasting from RestoCycle!  
NobleHops Offline
Misfit
NobleHops  Offline
Misfit

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Greetings folks,

My name is Nils Menten and my outfit is called RestoCycle. We're your newest Vendor member. I offer vapor blasting services out of my shop in Tucson, Arizona, and I am pleased to be here and to support this community.

Excited to announce some news for the new year that we have been hatching for a little while.

FREE SHIPPING ON VAPOR BLAST PROJECTS BY RESTOCYCLE!

Effective 1/1/2017 RestoCycle is now offering free return shipping to our vapor blast customers for their projects, as well as deeply discounted inbound shipping. We would not be able to do this without the support of our shipping partner UPS, as they have extended additional discounts to us in order to make this possible.

Here's how this works:

Visit our website to get an idea of what your project might cost by viewing the representative projects gallery, or better yet, complete the online ordering form and request a quote. You can easily upload photos of your project right there on the form and we will get right back to you with a firm quote.

On the order form, include the weight and dimensions of your box(es). We will use that to generate inbound shipping labels that we will email to you, which will cost about half of retail shipping costs at places like the UPS Store, or PakMail.

Print and tape the label to your (well packed) box and drop it at any nearby UPS Store or depot for free. The closest drop off locations will be in the instructions on your label.

We will bill you at cost for the inbound shipment, along with the charges for your project when it is complete, via an emailed invoice. Click right in the emailed invoice to pay online with a credit card, and your parts (and shipment tracking info) will be on their way back to you just a few days after we get them.

Click here to see a gallery of representative projects and their pricing: http://www.restocycle.com/what-does-vapor-blasting-cost

Click here to request a quote on a vapor blasting project: http://www.restocycle.com/vapor-blasting-order-form

Looking forward to working with you!

Nils Menten
RestoCycle LLC
Tucson, Arizona, USA
http://www.restocycle.com
nils@restocycle.com
(520) 308-3705

Last edited by NobleHops; 01/01/17 5:55 pm.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#664624 - 08/20/16 1:47 pm Re: Discounted vapor blasting from RestoCycle [Re: NobleHops]  
oscar a Offline
BritBike Forum member
oscar a  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Ventura County, California
WOW, that stuff looks amazing, is it recommended to get some type of protective finish like a clear powdercoat of some sort after blasting?

#666106 - 09/01/16 12:55 pm Re: Discounted vapor blasting from RestoCycle [Re: oscar a]  
NobleHops Offline
Misfit
NobleHops  Offline
Misfit

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By oscar a
WOW, that stuff looks amazing, is it recommended to get some type of protective finish like a clear powdercoat of some sort after blasting?

Thank you Oscar! You certainly can clearcoat over the vapor blast with only a quick swipe of acetone or denatured alcohol for prep. It produces a very paintable surface, and so it's excellent prep or black or silver paint projects too.

We ask customers if they are painting or polishing, and if so them we send back the metal bare, with the exception of a wipe with WD40 on any steel surfaces. If not then we spray the parts with an excellent product called Boeshield T-9, which is a metal protectant originally developed by Boeing. In fact, they just took us on as a dealer, and a few cases of it are on the way to the shop as we speak.

For my own restorations I just use the Boeshield, and renew it every 6 months. It's spray-on and buff product, and leaves behind a dry waxy film that repels water and grime and looks great. It's not cheap at $17 per can, but it's worth it IMO.

#666158 - 09/01/16 9:37 pm Re: Discounted vapor blasting from RestoCycle [Re: NobleHops]  
KC in S.B. Online content
BritBike Forum member
KC in S.B.  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Santa Barbara, California
Hi Nils !
I haven't taken the plastic off the Triumph cases and head you did for me yet, as not ready to do the reassembly.
Just wanted to let anyone reading this to know the work you did is amazing, well beyond anything I could do or get done in the LA area.
I would like to get a can of the T-9, so will contact you off site for that! Thanks for a great job and quick turn also!! KC

Down to 1 BSA, 2 Triumphs, 2 '56 Chevys
#667276 - 09/11/16 4:00 pm Re: Discounted vapor blasting from RestoCycle [Re: KC in S.B.]  
NobleHops Offline
Misfit
NobleHops  Offline
Misfit

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Originally Posted By KC in S.B.
Hi Nils !
I haven't taken the plastic off the Triumph cases and head you did for me yet, as not ready to do the reassembly.
Just wanted to let anyone reading this to know the work you did is amazing, well beyond anything I could do or get done in the LA area.
I would like to get a can of the T-9, so will contact you off site for that! Thanks for a great job and quick turn also!! KC

KC, thank you very much for the good words, much appreciated. It was a pleasure to work with you and I can't wait to see your bike together.

#667277 - 09/11/16 4:00 pm Re: Discounted vapor blasting from RestoCycle [Re: NobleHops]  
NobleHops Offline
Misfit
NobleHops  Offline
Misfit

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Let's talk about wheels - we have been doing some interesting wheel projects mixed in with everything else.

We are restoring a 1981 Honda CB750F on the other side of the shop and those normally wear skinny Comstars stock. Those are OK but my customer wanted to do something a little more custom so we hunted up a set of 1100F wheels, plus an 1100F swingarm and front axle and put that all together. But they were a little tired-looking, so a quick trip through the vapor blaster for cleaning and to roughen the surface in preparation for paint was called for.

We pulled the rotors off and sent them off to TrueDisk for grinding and drilling.

Then we masked them up for repainting, using the truing/balancing stand to hold them as we worked. Note that we did not remove the factory paint, it was stuck down there quite well, we just cleaned it and degreased it and painted over it. Worked great, saved steps.

Then we masked up the balance stand, brought it into the spray booth, and painted them.

Finally a new set of bearings and spacers were installed, you know, WHILE WE WERE THERE, and of course new tires and stems, slightly wider doe to the wider wheels. Bueno. This all worked really well. The wheels and rotors look new, and were easier to prep and paint because they were spotless including in all the crannies and crevices.

Last week a customer bought a set of vintage Lester mags for a custom SOHC bike he is building. These Lesters were in great condition, straight with pretty much zero in the way of dings or flaws, but the paint and the aluminum was tired-looking. He's a big fan of the vapor blast finish as is, and so the project was to strip the original paint all the way off, and then clearcoat them. So that's what we did.

The patient(s):

We vapor blasted them, stripping the paint in the process:

Last edited by NobleHops; 09/11/16 4:01 pm.
#667279 - 09/11/16 4:02 pm Re: Discounted vapor blasting from RestoCycle [Re: NobleHops]  
NobleHops Offline
Misfit
NobleHops  Offline
Misfit

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Then these got sprayed with Eastwood's Diamond Clear. This photo is actually a test wheel from a Yamaha that we were playing with - we shot clear on one side and matte on the other, and the consensus was that the glossy clear over the satin vapor blast finish was gorgeous.

Presto: They look fantastic.

We did the brake panel and sprocket carrier while we had them, and also blasted his brake rotors, which are also getting cleared on their centers. Check out the brake shoes too, put those babies right back in that wheel.

Rotors before and after:

Happy wheels!

#672776 - 10/29/16 12:27 pm Re: Discounted vapor blasting from RestoCycle [Re: NobleHops]  
NobleHops Offline
Misfit
NobleHops  Offline
Misfit

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Lovely parts in recently from a 1967 BSA Victor Shooting Star.

Last edited by NobleHops; 10/29/16 12:30 pm.
#679461 - 12/31/16 7:36 pm Free Shipping on Vapor Blasting by RestoCycle! [Re: NobleHops]  
NobleHops Offline
Misfit
NobleHops  Offline
Misfit

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Excited to announce some news for the new year that we have been hatching for a little while.

FREE SHIPPING ON VAPOR BLAST PROJECTS BY RESTOCYCLE!

Effective 1/1/2017 RestoCycle is now offering free return shipping to our vapor blast customers for their projects, as well as deeply discounted inbound shipping. We would not be able to do this without the support of our shipping partner UPS, as they have extended additional discounts to us in order to make this possible.

Here's how this works:

Visit our website to get an idea of what your project might cost by viewing the representative projects gallery, or better yet, complete the online ordering form and request a quote. You can easily upload photos of your project right there on the form and we will get right back to you with a firm quote.

On the order form, include the weight and dimensions of your box(es). We will use that to generate inbound shipping labels that we will email to you, which will cost about half of retail shipping costs at places like the UPS Store, or PakMail.

Print and tape the label to your (well packed) box and drop it at any nearby UPS Store or depot for free. The closest drop off locations will be in the instructions on your label.

We will bill you at cost for the inbound shipment, along with the charges for your project when it is complete, via an emailed invoice. Click right in the emailed invoice to pay online with a credit card, and your parts (and shipment tracking info) will be on their way back to you just a few days after we get them.

Click here to see a gallery of representative projects and their pricing: http://www.restocycle.com/what-does-vapor-blasting-cost

Click here to request a quote on a vapor blasting project: http://www.restocycle.com/vapor-blasting-order-form

THANK YOU ALL for your support of our business these past two years. Your support and the great feedback we have received along the way has been fantastic, and we are very excited to be able to offer this to you moving forward. Please be in touch anytime with questions or comments, we're always glad to hear from you.

Sincerely,

Nils Menten
RestoCycle LLC
Tucson, Arizona, USA
nils@restocycle.com
(520) 308-3705

#704086 - 08/06/17 1:50 am Re: Free Shipping on Vapor Blasting by RestoCycle! [Re: NobleHops]  
NobleHops Offline
Misfit
NobleHops  Offline
Misfit

Tucson, Arizona, USA
Hey everyone,

Haven't posted much recently, have been up to my ears in some exciting stuff this summer.

The vapor blast work has been great - we got a little slower in May when everyone put down their wrenches and pulled on their helmets. But even so, we are steady this year where we were very quiet in years past during these months, and that is WITHOUT me doing much in the way of marketing because...

[Linked Image]

Holy smokes we bought a building. Yes we did :-) That's 7,500 square feet of industrial-zoned goodness, in three suites. RestoCycle is in the last suite to the far left. We rent the other two.

This is about 5 miles from the old location, which made moving a little bit easier than it could have been, but even so, it's been a busy 6 weeks while we shifted all of our gear and our operations over to the new space, and renovated it as we did.

The building was solid but tired.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

In the past 6 weeks we've painted it, installed new floors, a ton of electrical service upgrades, fixed the swamp coolers and some leaky plumbing, replaced the air conditioners, installed LED lighting, pallet racks, caught-up on 15 years of neglected landscaping, and so much more.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

We took the opportunity to upgrade our compressor as we did, which allowed us to limit our downtime on the vapor blast work to just a few days. Once the new compressor was installed, we picked up the vapor blaster, slung it in a trailer, and 3 days later everything was setup and operational, good to go.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The new space is great. We have roughly double the square footage, plus a back yard and three grade-level roll-up doors. We have a kitchen and break room, a deck off the back door that is as good for eating lunch and drinking beer (at the end of the day!) as it is for washing a bike. With the addition of the pallet rack and a forklift we can now store our parts and motorcycles and work on them without a 5-step choreography having to take place first. We're also very close to several of our main collaborators, and that has already made that work easier and better.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-G2CnGL8/0/a59748fb/L/i-G2CnGL8-L.jpg[/img]

[img]https://photos.smugmug.com/photos/i-q4b3xbN/0/5e2772d7/L/i-q4b3xbN-L.jpg[/img]

So there's your update from RestoCycle. We have several bikes on the lifts again, more projects queued up, and more we plan to do as we settle into our new digs, but things are great.

Thank you as always for your support of our business.

Nils Menten
RestoCycle LLC

New Address!

RestoCycle LLC
3476 S Dodge Blvd., Suite 3
Tucson, AZ 85713
(520) 308-3705
http://www.ikonshocksusa.com

Moderated by  Morgan Moderator 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.272s Queries: 15 (0.057s) Memory: 0.8956 MB (Peak: 1.1236 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-12-18 05:12:15 UTC