BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
John Michl
John Michl
Keokuk, Ia
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
211 registered members (68 royalstar tony), 1,742 guests, and 507 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
johnguppy, michael morgan, Xavier, J. Grant, Jerry
9952 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 177
koan58 91
Stuart 86
Popular Topics(Views)
434,442 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,243
Posts631,726
Members9,952
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#697205 - 06/03/17 12:52 am Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing  
Jack Adams Offline
BritBike Forum member
Jack Adams  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Noblesville, IN
The Tri. Nat. Rally at Oley, Pa. June 23-25 will again be on the same weekend as The Reading M.C. "Grudge Racing" meet on Saturday(starts at 4 p.m.) The strip is right down the road from the Oley Fairgrounds.It is about $20 to race and free to watch. The club members are friendly and seem glad to see vintage bikes giving it a Go. We only had a handful of Brit bikes (only 3 triumphs) last year,but I'm hoping to get a better showing this year. So bring your Bonnevilles,Commandos,Hornets, Interceptors,etc.and lets have some fun. Last year Steve Prince(Jubee Prince)took a video of some of the action and I believe he will jump in here soon and ad it to this thread. Hope to see some of you there. Jack

#697211 - 06/03/17 2:46 am Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
royaloilfield Offline
BritBike Forum member
royaloilfield  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Trenton, New Jersey
Hey Jack, after spectating last year>>i have to say I am def running!! It looked like a lot of fun!!!!! and if anyone has any reservations about it, there were little kids running honda 50's down the track too!!! Enfield vs Triumph? Race for pink slips...ops I mean pink wine coolers?? haha see ya there....BRian

Brian
#697275 - 06/03/17 6:08 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
Jack Adams Offline
BritBike Forum member
Jack Adams  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Noblesville, IN
Brian, That is the spirit! See you in a couple of weeks. I'm your Huckleberry! Jack

#697354 - 06/04/17 2:19 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
JubeePrince Online content
Life member
JubeePrince  Online Content

Life member

Back on the mainland!
Originally Posted by Jack Adams
Last year Steve Prince(Jubee Prince)took a video of some of the action and I believe he will jump in here soon and ad it to this thread.

Here you go, Jack. For those of you not familiar with Jack or his bike, he's in the foreground:

https://vimeo.com/220199861

Cheers,

Steve

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
#697373 - 06/04/17 5:28 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: JubeePrince]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted by JubeePrince
Last year Steve Prince(Jubee Prince)took a video of some of the action and I believe he will jump in here soon and ad it to this thread.

Here you go, Jack. For those of you not familiar with Jack or his bike, he's in the foreground:

https://vimeo.com/220199861

Cheers,

Steve

Yeah, yeah, Jack, Triumph, got it. sleep

NOW .... who is that with the flag getting ready to start the race? Always skipping the important stuff .... wink wink laughing

Lannis

OK, I admit it, I'm addicted to brake fluid.

But I can stop any time I want.
#697599 - 06/06/17 12:58 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Lannis]  
JubeePrince Online content
Life member
JubeePrince  Online Content

Life member

Back on the mainland!
Originally Posted by Lannis

NOW .... who is that with the flag getting ready to start the race? Always skipping the important stuff .... wink wink laughing

Lannis

Haha...I'll see if I can find a better angle wink

Steve

'77 T140J
"Vintage Bike". What's in your garage?

"The paying customer is always right."

Fitting round pegs into square holes since 1961...
#697657 - 06/06/17 10:48 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
Jack Adams Offline
BritBike Forum member
Jack Adams  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Noblesville, IN
Lannis needs to get out more. The lady in question is staging the bikes and she does not start the race.She has a red flag,the person that starts the race has a green flag and is not seen in the video until we pass her about 1 sec. after the start.

#697684 - 06/07/17 2:17 am Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Lannis needs to get out more. The lady in question is staging the bikes and she does not start the race.She has a red flag,the person that starts the race has a green flag and is not seen in the video until we pass her about 1 sec. after the start.

Yeah, like I was paying attention to the color of the flag ..... wink ! Maybe while I'm getting out more, others can realign their priorities ... !!! laughing

#699178 - 06/20/17 7:16 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
wadeschields Offline
BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Offline
BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
Is anyone going on Thursday night. I was planning to be there by then but I am working all week for sure. Ironically about 40 minutes from Oley. I could go back and forth possibly . There is another possibility that I will be working in NYC Friday which screws up the whole deal. At the very least I am planning to be there Saturday morning and if I can swing it Friday night at worst case scenario . When is everyone planning to get there?

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
#699181 - 06/20/17 7:36 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
edunham Offline
BritBike Forum member
edunham  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Ewing. NJ
I will be there Friday morning through Sunday morning.

Ed from NJ

#699222 - 06/21/17 1:49 am Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
royaloilfield Offline
BritBike Forum member
royaloilfield  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Trenton, New Jersey
I might be there Thursday night. I have to go set up the Royal Enfield area, but I was think about going setting up and heading back home? Thursday usually very quiet there...Brian

Brian
#699235 - 06/21/17 3:34 am Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
Jack Adams Offline
BritBike Forum member
Jack Adams  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Noblesville, IN
Wade,I'll be there thurs. evening Around 5 or 6 p.m. What ever you do,don't forget the Drags on Sat. afternoon 4 p.m. We will save a spot for your T.T. Special. Jack

#699317 - 06/22/17 2:17 am Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
With my being out of work with a back injury, I might even make it this year! Not to mention the "wife" being away all weekend... Odds are good that I'll make an appearance.

RE Reading MC & drags... It's one of the fastest drag strips around, 1/8th mile strip with a long run-out. If I recall correctly. I knew some RMC people back years ago. So got to go hang out in the clubhouse/bar, and then watched the "open" drags. My old biker buddies were some hard livin folks. I'd be really surprised if they are still alive. Funny, now that I think about it, I was watchin them drags with my old RMC buddy Smokey, and another excellent friend, Mr Jim Stokes. Not such a hard liver.... But a genuinely awesome dude who was happy as a clam and loved livin! Sadly, tho, he developed a brain tumor or aneurism, or some [censored] that killed him pretty quick! Like one day he had a headache and the next day he was dead.

Damn! I'll have to take a minute for some reverie if I get back to RMC.
Here's to lost friends!
See you guys this weekend.

Tom

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#699343 - 06/22/17 2:21 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: ricochetrider]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted by ricochetrider
With my being out of work with a back injury, I might even make it this year! Not to mention the "wife" being away all weekend... Odds are good that I'll make an appearance.

Damn! I'll have to take a minute for some reverie if I get back to RMC.
Here's to lost friends!
See you guys this weekend.

Tom

It's hard to make ALL the events, but you don't want to be able to do it because of an injury! Sorry to hear that's happened to you, that's not good in your line of work ... maybe time to push for that "Site Safety Supervisor" gig or something similar :whistle, as well as the "Double Quote Elimination" process that's been hanging fire for some years now ... cool

You know I wouldn't nag you if I didn't love you! wink

Lannis

#699348 - 06/22/17 2:44 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
Yeah, Lannis, Thanks! I hears ya. And believe me brother I've been thinking about it....

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#699398 - 06/23/17 2:05 am Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
wadeschields Offline
BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Offline
BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
Looks like I will be rolling in on Saturday. Working in NY tomorrow. No bike or camping gar with me so have to stop at the house late tomorrow night. Maybe I can talk the misses into stopping in for a look-see on the way down

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
#699692 - 06/26/17 6:41 pm Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
mac Offline
BritBike Forum member
mac  Offline
BritBike Forum member

cresaptown md. us
any pics?
I arrived to see the last tri being loaded in a trailer,and a vendor selling "T" shirts.
have to leave earlier next yr.

#701530 - 07/12/17 2:21 am Re: Triumph National Rally & Drag Racing [Re: Jack Adams]  
royaloilfield Offline
BritBike Forum member
royaloilfield  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Trenton, New Jersey

Brian

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.077s Queries: 15 (0.007s) Memory: 0.9243 MB (Peak: 1.2025 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-18 00:36:34 UTC