BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
JRC Engineering dealers JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Don M.
Don M.
California
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
217 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,700 guests, and 594 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Miguel PadrĂ£o, John Ross, slidezone, jon p fudge, JeffL
9996 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 135
Lannis 122
Stuart 110
koan58 88
Popular Topics(Views)
455,267 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,480
Posts632,097
Members9,996
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#697881 - 06/09/17 12:56 am Re: WHAT VELO DO I HAVE [Re: Fullminator]  
DAVE ARTHUR Offline
BritBike Forum member
DAVE ARTHUR  Offline
BritBike Forum member

LAS VEGAS NEVADA
Thanks Fulminator, I will eventually look into that.

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#697934 - 06/09/17 1:40 pm Re: WHAT VELO DO I HAVE [Re: DAVE ARTHUR]  
edunham Offline
BritBike Forum member
edunham  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Ewing. NJ
I originally got mine from Dave Smith in Illinois who has since retired. I am sure that some of the other purveyors of Velo goodies are selling them. Try googling Criterion Engineering.

Ed from NJ

#697990 - 06/09/17 11:11 pm Re: WHAT VELO DO I HAVE [Re: DAVE ARTHUR]  
DAVE ARTHUR Offline
BritBike Forum member
DAVE ARTHUR  Offline
BritBike Forum member

LAS VEGAS NEVADA
Tried it, no luck but they are available from VOC spares.

#698962 - 06/18/17 10:11 pm Re: WHAT VELO DO I HAVE [Re: DAVE ARTHUR]  
DAVE ARTHUR Offline
BritBike Forum member
DAVE ARTHUR  Offline
BritBike Forum member

LAS VEGAS NEVADA
Today I found out exactly what model my bike is. This came from a copy of the factory records that I obtained from Grove. According to the factory records my bike left the Volece factory on the 28th day of January of 1966 as a Velocette MK 1 Venom Clubman and it was sent to Vehicles of Rhode Island. I was happy to learn this and eliminate any more guessing. A true Clubman it is, I feel very lucky to have found this 1700 original mile example and will soon be riding it. I got it running but the petcocks both leaked and the fuel lines are hard as a rock. The engine idled to fast which I believe is an air leak since the carb o ring has also lost its elasticity and looks to be not making contact with the hardened phenolic spacer. The engine started quite easily which amazed me. I am slowly fixing any little problems and will eventually be riding this bike. I also intend to do some upgrades that will not be seen. A toothed belt and pulleys for the dynamo is one and possibly the clutch throw out bearing mod is another. Dave

Last edited by DAVE ARTHUR; 06/18/17 10:14 pm.
#703775 - 08/03/17 8:01 am Re: WHAT VELO DO I HAVE [Re: DAVE ARTHUR]  
DAVE ARTHUR Offline
BritBike Forum member
DAVE ARTHUR  Offline
BritBike Forum member

LAS VEGAS NEVADA
Its now been six weeks since I last posted and the Velo is running nicely. Its a real easy starter usually only one or two kicks. I have put two new tires on it but they are 4.10 wide instead of 3.25. One is an Avon and one is a Dunlop.I replaced both oil lines with new clear lines like the original ones. I also did away with the oil tank check valve and modified an "ON/OFF" valve to take it'd s place. I hook a red flag between it and the kick starter which reminds me to turn it on before I kick it over, I put new oil and a new filter in it and also in the transmission. The clutch needed more free play in the cable even though it didn't slip. I got the little bar tool with the notch in the end and put it thru the hole in the countershaft sprocket and turned the ring counterclockwise about one full turn and now have about 1/8 free play in the cable. The trans still goes into gear easily without grinding and the clutch does not slip. The lights and horn and brake light all work fine and the stock Miller Dynamo and regulator seems to be charging just fine according to the ammeter. Still waiting for cooler weather to take it on a long test ride. Probably about six more weeks till cool weather every day. The bike looks nice and the little bit I rode it was a pleasure.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.756s Queries: 16 (0.059s) Memory: 0.8255 MB (Peak: 0.9757 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-12-18 12:36:05 UTC