Many thanks to all on this forum for help with info on my restoration especially to TR6R Ray. After 40 years in many boxes scattered around numerous buildings mixed in with many other parts after 12 months work my project is complete. Pictures here. Starts 1st kick.http://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r585/thackero/IMG_4100.jpghttp://i1173.photobucket.com/albums/r585/thackero/IMG_4099_1.jpg
Rides and runs well. items of concern.
1. Not happy with the exhaust pipes from UK a les harris item. one hangs lower than the other at the front. Maybe that is normal.
2. Oil pressure relief valve. Whilst its exciting to see the little pin poping out it leaks. I may replace for a later valve but not sure wether they fit.
3. The hole at the back of the primary that was meant to feed the chain needs blocking off with something. Not sure what to use. Suggestions welcome.
4. One fork leg is leaking at the chrome screw on shroud. maybe it just needs tightening with a proper triumph tool.
All suggestions welcome
Work begins on my A10 Spitfire
Congratulations on your startup, thackero! Looks super!
Re: Your list of concerns:
1. I got my original header pipes re-chromed and used them. I still had trouble getting the fitment just right. You didn't say how much yours are off, where one is lower at the front. There's probably a little wiggle room in the way they fit at the head to angle one side up a little and the other side down a little to make them match up.
2. I got the 70-4194 cup and 70-4193 sealing ring from Mitch Klempf. The 70-2793 sealing rubber (tube) I made from stock I ordered from McMaster-Carr. Mine does not leak. Did you replace all three of those? You can use the later cover if you want, but you will need to change some other parts inside the housing.
3. I used a bit of JB Weld and it has not leaked there.
4. On mine, I wrapped some plumber's tape (PTFE Tape) around the male threads of the lower slider before I screwed on the dust excluder. No leaks there, either.
Two little things I see that you may want to look at:
1. You seem to be missing the little chrome trim strips that run from the front of the tank badges to the front of the tank. Those are supposed to cover the line between the two paint colors. I think those are available.
2. Your center stand looks like it is being stopped in its "up" position by landing against the silencer body. I have read where that leads to a slot cut through the bottom of the silencer due to vibration of the steel on steel parts.
Hope this helps. Enjoy the ride!