I had seen old b/w pictures of Roland Pike's Gold Star Special that led to the Gold Star line and credo.

I had always wondered where it/they had gone to, and was about to ask here.

Today I stumbled across the 350 version for sale at the website of Vintage Antique Motorcycles in the Netherlands.

Roland Hames Pike was a BSA engineer central to the development the Gold stars in the early 50s.

Some pictures I had seen were in the Roland Pike autobiography, about half of which is (still) online here at (yay!) beezagent's site:
Chapters 17-30

Here is some pretty informed info about the history in this ad...my jaw dropped when I saw the pictures.

I quote from the copyrighted ad here a limited part of the advert as a permitted educational use..and of course presumably there might even be a customer who sees this and goes there and buys it. Please donate any commission thus earned to the Britbike website, thank you.wink.

I hope the world gets to see it after it's sold.... (hopefully not to a cafe racer...eeerrrg.)

Former BSA development wizard Roland Pike built two of these frames for the 1952 I.O.M TT.
One was raced with a 350 Goldstar engine,the second bike was raced with different engines on occasion, like an A7 Star Twin with aluminum barrel and head.

Roland Pike was a well-known road racer between 1936 and 1953. He entered 168 racing events, scored 29 first, 38 second and 13 third places. During his race career he joined the BSA factory where he became head of the development department.
He also was responsible for the machines that brought BSA the success at Daytona in 1954.( 5 BSA's within the first 6 finishers).
Pike started building these frames at home,but late 1951 he was offered a job at BSA as head of the development department, and was allowed to finish the bikes at the factory.

There is more info there and REALLY GREAT pictures, well done.

It looks like this bike has been kept by someone who knew the importance of the bike.

My interest is that I have an A7SS an engine such as the one that was also developed and raced in that chassis, described in the Roland Pike autobiography. ( and yes I want the copy of the chapters that weren't/aren't on Miles' website. wink ) (chapters 1-16?)

If there was replica to be made, the Roland Pike Special A7 version would be it, as the factory/dealer 50's flat trackers and the Daytona racers from the 50s time have been well done. And we could sure like more of those of course...haha, easy for me to say.