BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
DeejayP999
DeejayP999
London, England
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
202 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,704 guests, and 529 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Brian Ellery, Jon Andrews, Berni Ernst, johnguppy, michael morgan
9955 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 185
koan58 98
Stuart 87
NickL 59
Popular Topics(Views)
435,973 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,261
Posts631,968
Members9,955
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#635484 - 01/17/16 12:28 am Buck Murphy, a true pioneer of MX in America  
21inGoldie Offline
BritBike Forum member
21inGoldie  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Way out of Eatonville, WA
Buck Murphy 5-29-55/12-25-15

I don't post very often, but after attending Buck's celebration of life event today in Tacoma, WA I thought I should share this. It was an amazing event with hundreds of fellow racers/riders and enthusiast!
We lost Buck this last Christmas after his battle with throat cancer. He loved racing bikes and here is a link to an interview with Bench Racer that will give you some insight to whom Buck was. I'm sure that some of you will recognize a few of the names mentioned.

www.soloshawn.com/buck-murphy.html

Last time I saw Buck was a couple years ago when a buddy and I ran into him at a local tavern. After a pint and jawing a bit, Buck said "Hey, Lets go to my place, I wanna show you my new RC1100"
So we got in the truck to follow him over to his place. Buck pulled out in front of us on his Buell and stood er up on the rear wheel for about 1/2 mile, that was cool! After safely making it to
his place, we gawked at the Honda upstairs in his shop then went down to the basement where he kept just about every bike he ever raced. Everyone of them in pristine condition, ready to ride! Nice collection!

Buck wasn't known to professionally race any britbikes, however in his collection he owned a beautiful Champion framed, Barnes wheeled Triumph 650 he would dirttrack every year at the vintage race known here in the Great NorthWest as 'DynoDaze'

Godspeed and Ride on Buck!

21"

Britbikes,
57 A10 Spitfire Scrambler
59 A10 Catalina Scrambler project
Lost my goldstar to Ex's lawyer,
Dammit!
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#635699 - 01/18/16 2:56 pm Re: Buck Murphy, a true pioneer of MX in America [Re: 21inGoldie]  
Boomer Online content
BritBike Forum member
Boomer  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Orygone
I saw Buck at DynoDaze a few years ago when the TMC Ducks had to move the event around when Borderline Park was closed. It was at a park East of I5 off Hiway 12 and was all sand and volcanic ash left over from the flood after the Mt. St. Helens blow and I can't remember the name of the place now but Buck was all skinny and gray haired. I asked a friend that knew him and he said he just got over chemo for throat cancer but he still had a plug under his lip.

He was quite a character and was always fun to watch race. I remember watching him at the old scramble/motocross stadium track at Thurston County ORV Park, now back to being called Stratoline ORV Park, racing a borrowed Triumph 650 that was mostly in street trim. Every time he went over one of the small jumps the seat would pop up sideways on it's hinges and without slowing at all he would kick his heal back and make the seat go down til the next jump.

Great racer and truly will be missed.

Bill B...

Boomer
#635786 - 01/19/16 12:32 am Re: Buck Murphy, a true pioneer of MX in America [Re: 21inGoldie]  
21inGoldie Offline
BritBike Forum member
21inGoldie  Offline
BritBike Forum member

#635789 - 01/19/16 1:15 am Re: Buck Murphy, a true pioneer of MX in America [Re: 21inGoldie]  
21inGoldie Offline
BritBike Forum member
21inGoldie  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Britbikes,
57 A10 Spitfire Scrambler
59 A10 Catalina Scrambler project
Lost my goldstar to Ex's lawyer,
Dammit!

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.314s Queries: 15 (0.008s) Memory: 0.8106 MB (Peak: 0.9565 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-19 21:50:04 UTC