BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
The Bonneville Shop JRC Engineering dealers
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
ADC
ADC
CALIFORNIA
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
33 registered members (AndyB), 167 guests, and 391 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mums, MyrtleBeezer, Crockermc, mpotter78, Frezz
10485 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
NickL 97
franko 87
Triless 66
Popular Topics(Views)
754,293 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,905
Posts671,177
Members10,485
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: TR5 Adventurer exhaust options [Re: Tetley] #628492
12/02/15 8:44 pm
12/02/15 8:44 pm
New Jersey USA
Tridentman Online content

BritBike Forum member
Tridentman  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

New Jersey USA
The standard spec includes a spark arrestor to meet US Forestry regs---but I guess they meant leaves etc being caught up under the low level exhaust system and catching fire there.
Otherwise known as the patented Triumph system to make you go like hell so that the velocity puts the fire out!

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: TR5 Adventurer exhaust options [Re: Jeff K.] #628503
12/02/15 10:08 pm
12/02/15 10:08 pm
The Northwoods... Michigan
Steve Erickson Online content
BritBike Forum member
Steve Erickson  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

In answer to your Jackpine question, that is a common moniker for the 66 T100C, so the exhaust referred to would just be the stock siamesed high pipe for that year.

Which doesn't work as stock on the TR5T, due to the close proximity of the downtube to exhaust port. They must have altered it to fit, or just never mounted it (maybe why you didn't see a picture?).

I'm surprised a Michigander isn't familiar with that term for that bike, Bill Baird was probably responsible for it being called as such. Though I don't know if it was ever an "official" designation, probably just a popularized magazine dubbing.

I've been referring to the 66 T100C as a Jackpine since, well, 66.

Re: TR5 Adventurer exhaust options [Re: Steve Erickson] #628536
12/03/15 4:37 am
12/03/15 4:37 am
Michigan, USA
J
Jeff K. Offline
BritBike Forum member
Jeff K.  Offline
BritBike Forum member
J

Michigan, USA
I grew up riding Poker Runs and Enduros and spent many years riding in the woods up by M 61 in Gladwin. I did not know if it was a official model or if they had put together something special for the race. I did some web searches and it looks like it was a unofficial nick name for the early T100C.
Jeff

Re: TR5 Adventurer exhaust options [Re: Jeff K.] #628571
12/03/15 11:19 am
12/03/15 11:19 am
Steve Erickson Online content
BritBike Forum member
Steve Erickson  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Continuing the topic drift for one more post, in looking at the 1966 Triumph USA sales brochure, it does refer to the T100C as "the famous Jack Pine" model.

Don't know if that makes it "official" or not, or if it would apply to other years? But it certainly does to the 66.

OK, back to twisty pipes... I have looked at one bike with the 66 exhaust, but the right side was altered to fit, something was changed with spigots, and the engine had to be removed to mount the pipe. Musta really wanted that look...

Re: TR5 Adventurer exhaust options [Re: Steve Erickson] #628743
12/04/15 12:49 pm
12/04/15 12:49 pm
East Lancs
L
Lancashirelad Offline
BritBike Forum member
Lancashirelad  Offline
BritBike Forum member
L

East Lancs
If you look on www.dcclassicmotorcycles.co.uk Dave does/did a few different pipes for the TR5Ts & the Triumph twin based pre65 bikes he builds, there's a few ideas there?

Red Rose Classic MCC PRE65 & Twinshock trials in Lancashire
Re: TR5 Adventurer exhaust options [Re: Les P] #722213
01/16/18 7:35 am
01/16/18 7:35 am
bac o burk qld
dommie90 Offline
BritBike Forum member
dommie90  Offline
BritBike Forum member

bac o burk qld
that exhaust system is how ive mine set up ,just don't wear shorts
baz

Re: TR5 Adventurer exhaust options [Re: Tetley] #722227
01/16/18 1:21 pm
01/16/18 1:21 pm
UK Berks
A
AngloBike Offline
BritBike Forum member
AngloBike  Offline
BritBike Forum member
A

UK Berks
Wearing shorts in any bike is tempting fate

Let alone that the world is not ready for my legs

Re: TR5 Adventurer exhaust options [Re: Les P] #739411
06/21/18 7:53 pm
06/21/18 7:53 pm
Croydon England
Nambo Offline
BritBike Forum member
Nambo  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Croydon England
An old post, but a Google image search lead me here to comment on what was my bike when this picture was taken. It was 1982, Lexton Road in Mitcham, the fella is Mark who I have known since 68 and am still friends with, his C15 I sold to him. As for the Adventurer, I had just rebuilt it following an accident that saw me in plaster for nine months. The bike needed a new frame which I got from Robucks. The exhaust system is Triumph T100C, and the whole lot was genuine, not pattern. the only issue was the R/H pipe, I had to put a small dent in the front else it would have touched the downtube. The red thing at the bottom of the downtube is a Norton Commando oil filter which I used for a while following the fitting of the new frame which I also had stove enameled in case it had anything harmful in it. Though it looked nice, the original exhaust system was actually better performance wise. The wheels were brand new on Borrani rims that Hughes of Tooting had built for racing but never used, cost me about £30, I couldn't resist at that price, so I would use them for the road, and the originals off road. After rebuilding it however, it was too nice to use off road, so as all that was wrong with the frame was the seat loop, and a dent in the tank, and I had the spare wheels, I just bought a spare engine and built another one for the dirt. A French site found some of my pics, I am wearing the blue and white helmet riding the one I built from the accident damaged parts. (See link). Three of my friends also bought Adventurers and a Trophy Trail as they were so impressed with mine. Pete Charlton http://twist-grip.blogspot.com/2013/12/

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  John Healy 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership