BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
kboyd
kboyd
Kansas
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
210 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,645 guests, and 564 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
revans, Gilly, XTINCT, Bruce Roberts, Brian Ellery
9959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 193
koan58 99
Stuart 83
NickL 73
Popular Topics(Views)
438,871 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,289
Posts632,443
Members9,959
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#570066 - 11/02/14 1:11 pm Convertible to Dungeness  
Kent Shaun Online content
BritBike Forum member
Kent Shaun  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Funny how things work out isn't it..? Thursday and Friday last week was nearly hot, weather wise, yesterday too wasn't bad, and best of all Our Lisa got her 3rd Dan Black belt in Karate. So she's even more a lethal weapon now, and due to the wonderful French having a track ban on their motorways, every bank holiday. Oh YES, they've got ANOTHER bank holiday..! I had to do 24hrs Friday at the wheel, so I could see Lisa get her new belt, and had plenty of sleep for today's ride, the 2014 BSA Kent Branches Bonfire Burn up...

So I suppose y'all wondering WHY I called this yarn what I did..? All good things come to those that what, so read on...

The forecast for today was RAIN to start, but dry later, dagnabit, thought I, after I did all that bloody cleaning too.. mad

So I opened up the fettling shed's door, wheeled out the machine, and set off, got to the Bus stop at the allotted time and just as the thing cooled off, Baza57 pulled in...

Daughter Faye behind, he asked me if anyone else was coming, the Hairy Mong was SUPPOSED to show up, but he's made from Rice paper, and with it being a tad moist out, well...

SO, we gave him 5 minutes, then buggered off to the next meeting spot, young John on the B25 was waiting, but NO ONE else, then Yoda pulled in on that lovely A50. You know, that one he does bugger all too, and it just keeps going and going...

So the 5 of us hit them slippery leaves on the Kentish country lanes, was supposed to be about 10 of us, but them Rice paper people don't like being damp. Strange thing was it was 14c out there in the lanes, the lady on the radio told me. Sorry no photos it was just too bad for that lark, and I had another reason, which I'll reveal later....

Anyway after a while trying to enjoy the ride, which I was LOVING by the way, how mad is that..? All came to a sudden STOP.. shocked

And we ALL know what y'all are thinking, you're thinking, I just KNOW Shaun's engine has blown again, and you're getting ready for all the advice. Well best you think AGAIN, my Pedigree Chums, for this time, and for the first time EVER, it was YODA who broke down.. shocked

I kid you NOT, look here he is, at the head of the pack, wondering what was wrong...

After finding a safer spot to investigate...

Heads were scratched, then finding out that nothing was broken, Baza came to the rescue. He was playing with Yoda's HT leads, and said how long have these been on the bike..? Yoda replied since it came out of the BSA factory, Baza walked over to his bike, got out a set of them Green leads he seems to have miles off, fitted them to the bike, and job's a good un...

One kick and the trusty A50 fired up, and off we set again, got to the Pilot at Dungeness, just as the wind picked up and the rain got heavier, what a bleak place in winter Dungeness is...

But the Pilot has a warm welcome, and good Ale, not to mention the food, so a pint of Doom Bar and a small snack was the order...

MARVELLOUS, we'd met up with the East Sussex BSA lot, and them that didn't ride, but got there by car. Some good chat and Ale passed by, and then it was time to leave, so a quick look in the car park...

And that was about it for the bikes, there was a BMW but he'd buggered off before I got there with me camera. SO, a brilliant day out with the lads and Lasses of the BSA lot...

So now for some explanations, don't know how to start, so I'll just wing it...

After the Lovely Janette said she wasn't going to do motorcycling touring with me, not even if I got another bike. I'd been searching for something with a great pillion, and she never liked any of em, so I said bugger it...

Then t'other week I became OLD, well old enough, been waiting years I have. Just like I did when I was a small boy, waiting for me age to be right, before I could ride bikes legally. Then waiting for me age to become right, so I could get out of one boring job, to get behind a Truck's wheel, and into another boring job...

So all me life it's been waiting for the right Age, and three weeks ago I became the correct age, and with the Lovely Janette on my side, I did it, I FINALLY got me one, a CONVERTIBLE, it's a 1996 model, and has a Radio/CD fitted, bit strange in a Convertible, and it's NOT staying there for long, but WHAT a ride....

Look here it is...

Look here's the Radio's speakers...

But WHY fit a Radio to a bloody motorcycle..? Now to answer some questions...

NO, I'm NOT joining HOG
No, I'm NOT selling me other bikes
YES, its a toy
YES, it's just a play thing
Didn't take on the road photos due to it being a new to me bike
Its a 1996 Harley FXDS Dyna Convertiable 1340cc which is 80 cubic inches...

And finally to answer the *WHY* question, cos I DID that's why... wink

I'm from the SOUTH, the Deep South
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#570070 - 11/02/14 1:31 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
baza57 Offline
BritBike Forum member
baza57  Offline
BritBike Forum member

earth
Yea it sure is a nice tractor but Shaun! change the f...ing music whats playing...I mean,who rides a Hardley playing Bach and Rackmaninov! Get an AC DC or Steppenwolf CD, wear a bandana, chuck away the crab peeler, and there you have it....Instant Fat Boy! laughing

#570071 - 11/02/14 1:42 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
BeezaBryan Online content
BritBike Forum member
BeezaBryan  Online Content

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
AAAAAAAAAAAAGH sick

When folks hit the midlife crisis some of them do some really daft things help
Me? I got sensible, chucked my job, stuck 2 fingers to the world of w**k & buggered off into the sunset with my pre Box Flash & the Enfield before it became Infamous. Spending good Sterling currency on a Yankee import never ever entered my befuddled head

Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures

It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Bryan
BSA Owners Club UK
Ohio Valley BSAOC USA

#570074 - 11/02/14 2:10 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: BeezaBryan]  
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Baza lad, as I said that Radio/CD thing is coming OFF, so sorry lad, no music for me...

Bryan lad... laughing clap You should see how it's made like I did, next time you're in PA go to York, and have the HD tour, I went with Tom Bro dude. AND, they're simple to work on, so all your BSA fettling will be extremely handy on one. Just keep away from the Image shyte, ride the bloody thing and get it dirty. OR, grow a *Village People* tash, like me, get a tattoo and then start wearing HD logo everything. When I've got the life to waste, I'm going to count how many times it has Harley Davidson on it, even the bloody tyres have it on.. shocked

The first owner, I'm the second by the way, was a rider I got bills for tyres bought in Danmark and Spain, and I've found that Chrome DOES get ya home.. wink

#570076 - 11/02/14 2:22 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
Don Leaming Online content
BritBike Forum member
Don Leaming  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Ontario Canada
The nice thing about yer HARDLY ABELSON, Shaun, is that there is a repair shop in evry town. Why is that I wonder?
Good Luck!
Don

1965 Royal Enfield Interceptor
1969 Triumph Tiger 650
#570081 - 11/02/14 3:26 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
HughdeMann Online content
BritBike Forum member
HughdeMann  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Beautiful North Carolina
Didn't know you had a boat, Shaun, but that's a lovely big anchor you just brought home!

Hugh: Proof the Dodo is not extinct
1964 Bonneville
A couple others
#570082 - 11/02/14 3:27 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
Swing Low, Sweet Chariot.
Comin for to carry me home!

I've been thinking I'll get me a Harley when I get old.
laughing

But I want a Road King.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#570105 - 11/02/14 5:34 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: ricochetrider]  
Alan_nc Online content
Alan_nc  Online Content

Greensboro, NC
Well if my experience is any indication you need to stock on on spares and make sure you have a good set of 'merican' tools. OH and keep the number of a good towing service in your wallet - you will surely need that.

Alan
Cleared m out....left only
59 BSA Bantam (Trials)
78 Triumph Bonny (UPS)
02 Suzuki GS500
#570107 - 11/02/14 5:50 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
Kev. Online sick
BritBike Forum member
Kev.  Online Sick
BritBike Forum member

Royal Berkshire.
Shaun lad, fear not the nay sayers, Harley's are just as reliable as any other bike.
This lady has put over 300,000 miles on "Old Orange"

bigt

http://kevindean.zenfolio.com/

http://backstreetthunder.wordpress.com/

1950 Vincent Comet
1952 Norton Special
1963 BSA Super Rocket
1970 BSA A65 Lightning
1973 Moto Guzzi Eldorado x2
2009 Triumph Bonneville (now sold)

#570132 - 11/02/14 9:06 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: Kent Shaun
Baza lad, as I said that Radio/CD thing is coming OFF, so sorry lad, no music for me...

Bryan lad... laughing clap You should see how it's made like I did, next time you're in PA go to York, and have the HD tour, I went with Tom Bro dude. AND, they're simple to work on, so all your BSA fettling will be extremely handy on one. Just keep away from the Image shyte, ride the bloody thing and get it dirty. OR, grow a *Village People* tash, like me, get a tattoo and then start wearing HD logo everything. When I've got the life to waste, I'm going to count how many times it has Harley Davidson on it, even the bloody tyres have it on.. shocked

The first owner, I'm the second by the way, was a rider I got bills for tyres bought in Danmark and Spain, and I've found that Chrome DOES get ya home.. wink

ODD DAMN BOY GLAD YOU FINALLY GOT A REAL MAN'S MOTORCYCLE. NONE A THAT FAGGOTY FOREIGN STUFF, BUT A BY GOD MADE IN THE YEW ESS AY GENUINE BIKE!

BE SHURE NOT TO TOUCH THAT FRONT BRAKE, SHE'LL THROW YOU OVER THE HANDLEBARS. AND IF YOU GET IN A JAM, JUST LAY 'ER DOWN, BUDDY, LAY 'ER DOWN AND YOU'LL BE FINE. THEY HANDLE GOOD, THEY'RE HEAVY ENOUGH TO HOLD THE ROAD, LIKE A '53 BUICK. JUST SLOW DOWN TO ABOUT 25 MPH IN THE CURVES, THEN GAS 'ER UP AND LISSEN TO THEM PIPES ROAR, BOY, THAT'S WHAT REAL RIDIN' IS ALL ABOUT, THE ROLLIN' THUNDER!

WE GOTTA POKER RUN GOIN' ON NEXT SATURDAY, IT'S A LOOOONG ONE, YOU MIGHT RIDE 25 MILES OR MORE SO MAKE SURE YOU'RE READY. 'COURSE, IT'S NOT ON IF IT LOOKS LIKE RAIN. THEN ON SUNDAY IT'S THE REAL BIKER'S RALLY, WITH A WET T-SHIRT CONTEST, BURN-OUT PIT, AND EVERYONE TURNS THEIR OL' LADY OUT FOR THE BROS.

BE SHURE YOU GOT YER UNIFORM ON!

SIGNED,

SPIDER, CHINO, CRAZYRED, AN' BUCKSHOT.

OK, I admit it, I'm addicted to brake fluid.

But I can stop any time I want.
#570133 - 11/02/14 9:28 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
George Elston Offline
BritBike Forum member
George Elston  Offline
BritBike Forum member

upstate ny
OMG This is like the pope becoming a Presbyterian. It can't be true. Tell us you are having a little joke at our expense.

57 Woodsman
64 Interceptor
58 Trailblazer
59 Constellation
64 500 Sport twin
61 Hornet

2001 W650
1966 W1
#570149 - 11/03/14 4:39 am Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: George Elston]  
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
laughing Lannis lad.. clap Your the greatest.. clap

BUT, and that's a, have a LOOK sort of but, the 80 cubic incher IS being used in the rain, and Dungeness IS more than 25 miles away, AND I got me two REAL Tattoos, and a Gen-u-wine Village people's Tash. Why lad, it's even going White at the ends.. shocked

As for Breaking down.. shocked Don & Alan lads, I wrote the BOOK on breaking down, you seem to forget that the FORTY INCHER has nearly bankrupted me THREE times. As for *American* tools, course I got loads, cos they're ENGLISH tools, like Bryan thinks Metric is French, y'all WRONG. The Metric system was invented by some English bloke in the 1600's and NO Wade man dude, that's NOT 4pm.. wink

Don't know what all the fuss is, I've never had me a piece of Butt Jewellery before, and as I said I'm OLD enough for one now, as for the mileage they do. Well the TWO makes of bikes I've seen in France, fully freighted and on their way to Italy are, BMW and HARLEYS.. shocked

In fact I think you'll find that the HOG lot, have a rally down there in the South of France, which I WON'T be going too. Like you lot I HATE that *Image* thang...

Anyway, I don't have to explain meself to ANYONE, I don't give a flying F*** at a rolling doughnut what anyone thinks, I LOVE it, like I love all me bikes, and I'm going to put loads of miles on it too, off for a great ride in France next year with the lads. Searching down all the war stuff the Nazi lot got built, like the submarine pens. Then I'm going to see that massive bridge that was built not to long ago, the Millau bridge, here have a mooch...

http://www.leviaducdemillau.com/#/accueil/

So I'm sorry that my new motorcycle has upset you all, and I promise you'll never hear of it again, or see any yarns with it in, and as it or my Guzzi isn't the type of machine that's acceptable, you'll not here from either. I'll just do yarns about BSA, and you'll not hear too many of them, due to the Shyte American company I work form, buggering up me holidays...

Strange, I like ALL motorcycles, it's cars & trucks I HATE.. crazy

Right that's me lot, its P*ssing down outside, it's my Monday off day, and the Lovely Janette is getting ready for her last week at work, she's bloody lucky, she's taking EARLY retirement. So sod it all, I'm off out on the Guz... Whoops sorry lads, I NEARLY said a bike that's not MADE in England, hope no one mentions Enfields, anymore, I seem to remember they're made in India.. shocked

#570150 - 11/03/14 4:48 am Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
PhilM Offline
BritBike Forum member
PhilM  Offline

BritBike Forum member

UK London
Nice lump of iron Shaun but what's with all them Police badges all over it? :-) Have a safe one and beware - it's that time of the week and year when the numpties are about in droves..

#570152 - 11/03/14 5:05 am Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
chilly Offline
BritBike Forum member
chilly  Offline
BritBike Forum member

St Neots England
Great bikes those EVOs Shaun , had my 88 FXR Superglide 14 years now and love it.
The engine is a beaut, + so easy to look after with loads of lovely grunt.
Pull a little trailer with mine when i go camping , just makes lugging all that stuff a little easier these days .
Just make sure the little plug from the rectifier at the front of the engine crankcases from the alternator is fitted nice and tight , some have a habit of coming loose so i fitted a clip to stop it doing that.
Yep ! great bikes your going to love it .

#570154 - 11/03/14 5:34 am Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
BritBike Forum member

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
Just a thought Shaun & maybe an idea if you're thinking of some touring

BTW Congratulations & best wishes to Janette, it's the way to go bigt

Bryan
BSA Owners Club UK
Ohio Valley BSAOC USA

#570165 - 11/03/14 11:19 am Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: PhilM]  
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
PhilM lad, I'm buggered if I know WHY the last owner put them stupid badges all over it.. crazy Got bills galore for all the shiny shyte he fixed to it, stupid covers and bling that's not needed, I've started to take some of it off already. Like the chrome covers that hide up the rear wheel adjusters, WHY cover them up, and the weigh a ton too. So along with the stupid short rear shocks he'd fitted, and that bloody radio, they're be E-Bay bound soon.. wink

Chilly lad, thanks for that, worry not lad, for the Hairy Mong has the SAME bike as me, although he's one has less miles and is a year newer, BUT, mine is in MINT condition and he's so bloody jealous it hurts.. laughing

Bryan lad, thanks but no thanks, once that stupid radio has been taken off, I'll be able to carry me tent on the carrier, and the rest of my shyte will go on the pillion seat, thus enabling me to have a nice back rest. Flip out the Highway pegs, open the throttle and watch as the fuel gauge drops and the miles build.. bigt

#570186 - 11/03/14 1:59 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
BritBike Forum member

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
PhilM lad, I'm buggered if I know WHY the last owner put them stupid badges all over it.. crazy Got bills galore for all the shiny shyte he fixed to it, stupid covers and bling that's not needed, I've started to take some of it off already. Like the chrome covers that hide up the rear wheel adjusters, WHY cover them up, and the weigh a ton too. So along with the stupid short rear shocks he'd fitted, and that bloody radio, they're be E-Bay bound soon.. wink

A few years ago a mutual US acquaintance bought a HD covered in bling, he stripped it all off & the payback covered most of the bikes cost.

Bryan
BSA Owners Club UK
Ohio Valley BSAOC USA

#570188 - 11/03/14 2:05 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: BeezaBryan]  
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Bryan lad, just need enough for a tank of Gas, and perhaps a Tire or two, then I'm hitting the highway, up to the local Cafe for a coffee. While I wear me Colors, might even have a couple of Bucks left over for a Bud or two.. wink laughing

Thanks to Lannis, I got me a Doh Rag, just need me Harley Willy warmer, and I'm away...

#570194 - 11/03/14 3:07 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
You MIGHT be a Harley rider:

If your bike leans further on itís sidestand than it does on the highway.....................................

If your bike cost more than your house and has fewer wheels...............................................

If the output decibel number of your exhaust exceeds your horsepower

output number and your IQ................................................

If you have ever found a grasshopper in your beard.............................................

If you have ever blown your suspension----------------in your seat...........................................

If you get blown away by a moped................................................

If you are unable to let your bike simply IDLE at a stop light...................................................

If you donít wave to sportbike riders cause you donít want to drop your tools...................................................

If you confuse the word "character" with the more accurate term "engineering flaws".................................................

If you think running the 1/4 mile in mid 15ís is really, really fast..................................................

If "water cooled" means standing on the side of the road, in the rain, waiting for a wrecker...............................................

And there's more fun to come! Gay pirate uniforms, assless leather chaps, it'll never end .... !

Lannis

#570196 - 11/03/14 3:09 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
keith bradley Offline
BritBike Forum member
keith bradley  Offline
BritBike Forum member

kent

#570200 - 11/03/14 3:29 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: keith bradley]  
BritBike Forum member
BritBike Forum member

Kent Garden of England
Born to be Livid.. laughing

Keep it coming lads I'm LOVING it.. grin

#570205 - 11/03/14 3:49 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: keith bradley]  
BritBike Forum member

BritBike Forum member

Derbyshire UK
Originally Posted By: keith bradley

Either that rear suspension is almighty low or ..........

Bryan
BSA Owners Club UK
Ohio Valley BSAOC USA

#570206 - 11/03/14 3:54 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
bill50cal Online content
bill50cal  Online Content

orlando fla/ shady valley Tn
don't you know that weight has NEVER been part of the design parameters on ANY harley ferguson part. shocked

Like the chrome covers that hide up the rear wheel adjusters, WHY cover them up, and the weigh a ton too.

windy
72 combat
switchbackcreek.com
#570210 - 11/03/14 4:17 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: Kent Shaun]  
wadeschields Offline
BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Offline
BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
If your gonna have a Harley then thats a nice looking modern bike. All the bells and whistles .. If you have always wanted one then by all means you should have it bigt

I know you love your BSAs so I'm not really worried that you will fall off of the Britbike map.... Cheers!!!

And if it makes Janette happy then It WAS a must .... smile

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
#570216 - 11/03/14 4:51 pm Re: Convertible to Dungeness [Re: wadeschields]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia
Originally Posted By: wadeschields

And if it makes Janette happy then It WAS a must .... smile

Janette's happy NOW ... just wait till she finds out what HER role is when Shaun is initiated into his local chapter ... shocked blush blush

Lannis

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.835s Queries: 16 (0.097s) Memory: 1.0261 MB (Peak: 1.4053 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-23 13:08:50 UTC