BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
JWood Auctions JRC Engineering dealers JWood Auctions
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
kickstarter
kickstarter
United Kingdom
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
45 registered members (Adam M.), 292 guests, and 414 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Begbie, Andrew Fallo, Zack Banks, 1966g10, Tacet
10417 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 84
Rohan 82
Triless 80
reverb 76
Popular Topics(Views)
709,428 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics68,297
Posts664,918
Members10,417
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
BSA PARTS.....441....B44....lowered prices.... #551754
07/07/14 8:49 pm
07/07/14 8:49 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE

NOTE: ALL PRICES ARE LOWERED TODAY ONLY...GOING TO LIST ON eBay THIS AFTERNOON....MAKE OFFERS...THANKS...

hey guys going to list some of the parts here now...still got a bunch more to clean up before i put them here...looks like some of them match up with the items on the victor enduro bike and some on the pre-unit too....please beware that i am listing prices that may or may not be fair...send me a pm if you have an offer on one...thanks...shipping not included...

1. SS FRONT CLAMP ON FENDER...in great cond...looks like it just clamps on real easy...it fit the enduro front end perfect...55 bucks

2. KICKER START ARM & PEDAL...offset arm..has some patina and rubber shows some wear...good cond...25 bucks

3. STEERING DAMPNER ROD & TOP...rod is nice and straight with good threads..the cap has no chips or cracks..vgc....25 bucks

4. SHIFTER ARM....not exactly sure what this is off of...gold star ? looks to be in good shape with a good spline..rubber end is in need of replacement...good cond....10 bucks

5. LOWER TRIPLE TREE....looks like someone broke off part of bolt in riser housing...easy fix...has all good threads..isn't bent...numbers are..42-5035 i think...tubes holes are approx. 29mm and the neck is around 33mm....35 bucks

6. SWINGARM...not sure on price yet doing some research...taking offers...

7. PRIMARY COVERS SET...set of inner and outer matched covers...look just like the ones on the victor enduro...nothing appears broken...need a good cleaning...still has some of the levers on it and studs etc....good cond overall....no price yet....taking offers...

8. 2 ROUND CYLINDERS..441..both with pistons...no broken fins at all...need to get some better pics of each...and the numbers off them to post...selling separate...145 each

9. 441 HEAD....matches the cylinders above...bare except the two valves in it which slide freely...nothing broken..looks really good....175...

10. ROCKER BOX...also matches the above head...all should fit the 441 enduro type motor...B44...vgc....55.00....

**here is the link for the album that has all the pics for the parts above and more...let me know if you are interested or want to make any offers on this or the other parts....i again am very limited in my knowledge of BSA parts so beware with me....thanks...

here is the link for the album....

http://s603.photobucket.com/user/GRUMPYDGMC/library/BSA%20PARTS

Last edited by grumpy47; 07/10/14 6:34 pm.
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #551763
07/07/14 9:57 pm
07/07/14 9:57 pm
minnesota
J
joe a. Offline
BritBike Forum member
joe a.  Offline
BritBike Forum member
J

minnesota
those are 441 cylinders and head.

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: joe a.] #551769
07/07/14 10:57 pm
07/07/14 10:57 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
THANKS JOE...I knew that and still typed it wrong...hahaha..

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #552227
07/10/14 6:37 pm
07/10/14 6:37 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
ok yesterday i began to clean up all of the parts listed above and some others too....they really are coming out very nicely....and after comparing these parts with the same exact ones on eBay i am listing some of them here for around 50% of what eBay is asking....maybe more....will post new pics later of how they look now....will be listing them on eBay soon...thanks for looking...

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #552401
07/11/14 5:57 pm
07/11/14 5:57 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
Need some expert info guys.....these 2very nice round cylinders....the head and the rocker box all fit together good and match the motor on the victor here......found a couple thousands BSA parts on eBay but most show square cylinders and heads for the victor motor !?? So can someone explain the difference to me and maybe the value between the square ones listed and my round ones ? It makes it really confusing to list them for a fair price....and help would be great...... Thanks

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #552409
07/11/14 7:10 pm
07/11/14 7:10 pm
Comox BC Canada
G
Gordo in Comox Offline
BritBike Forum member
Gordo in Comox  Offline
BritBike Forum member
G

Comox BC Canada
The round barrels and head would be pre 67 as far as I know. For value one would really need to know how much is left in the bore. A measurement of the bore and how much rust needs to come out for use would be crucial for someone looking for a barrel. Matching and usable pistons would make a difference as well. For example if those barrels are still standard size and would clean up for a 20 over piston they would be attractive. If they are already bored out to 40 over and need cleaning up then not so much life is left in them. The original bore was 79mm.

Gordo

Without frequent roadside repairs there is no fun in riding!
Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #552412
07/11/14 7:24 pm
07/11/14 7:24 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
WELL both of the cylinders look pretty smooth inside with no rust at all....one of them has a .020 over piston with it now....the other someone stuck in upside down at the very bottom and its soaking right now...i will check tomorrow on the bore size...thanks..

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #552421
07/11/14 7:51 pm
07/11/14 7:51 pm
Jaffrey, NH, USA
Peter Quick Offline

Sponsor
Peter Quick  Offline

Sponsor

Jaffrey, NH, USA
If you are going to list on eBay you don't need to come up with a fair price. Let the market decide. So far all the prices you have thrown our for your B44 parts on this site have been way on the high side of a "fair price". Usually multiple times a fair price. When looking at eBay to set your prices do not look at asking prices. Go to completed listings and look at the prices parts are actually selling for. But you probably already know that. If parts sell quickly that you list here then you have come up with a fair price, if not, well you have your answer. As Gordo says on cylinders the price is all about how bored out the cylinder is. Standard bore with no broken or bent fins could easily be worth twice a +.040. At +.060 then the cylinder is looking at a new sleeve and bore and that will cost $200 just to do that. Right now you are selling pigs in a poke, no one in their right mind would pay what you are asking. I'd give you $70 each for them because of the rust and the unknown bore size. Basically gamble on the unknown and hope I get lucky. Having bought alot of these I know that more are near or at the end of their useful overbores than not. They weren't taken off an engine because they were nearly new!

Peter

check out: www.bsaunitsingles.com
2500 BSA part numbers with inventory in stock just for the unit singles!
Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #552424
07/11/14 8:18 pm
07/11/14 8:18 pm
Comox BC Canada
G
Gordo in Comox Offline
BritBike Forum member
Gordo in Comox  Offline
BritBike Forum member
G

Comox BC Canada
If we are talking about the two barrels in the photos above they do look rusty inside. If those are not the barrels in question maybe some photos would help.

Gordo

Without frequent roadside repairs there is no fun in riding!
Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: Gordo in Comox] #552434
07/11/14 9:33 pm
07/11/14 9:33 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
ok thanks i will get some pics tomorrow when i stop by my storage....

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #552441
07/11/14 10:36 pm
07/11/14 10:36 pm
Ohio
R
Rickman Offline
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Offline
BritBike Forum member
R

Ohio
Is that rear wheel still available?

Maybe we could have a list of what is gone or left?

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #552442
07/11/14 10:38 pm
07/11/14 10:38 pm
Jaffrey, NH, USA
Peter Quick Offline

Sponsor
Peter Quick  Offline

Sponsor

Jaffrey, NH, USA
Another thought, just because there is a B44 +.020 piston with the pile of stuff you have it doesn't mean that one of your cylinders is at +.020. I can drop a +.020 piston into a +.060 cylinder. The only way to know and inform is to measure the bore. Inferring a direct relationship is a sales pitch, no more. Sorry to seem so sour but so much of this and the other threads has been a total pitch, like describing deep rust as patina, etc.. Nuff said.

Peter

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: Peter Quick] #552454
07/11/14 11:29 pm
07/11/14 11:29 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
hahahaa yeah you might have been right my friend if you were actually talking to someone say alot younger and no hands on experience but i have been doing this shit since 72 and most always do my homework...the piston was in the cylinder and tight ...piston of course says .020 on the top....the other cylinder is the one i am not certain of....i did mic the cylinders up earlier i just can't find my notes...must have left them at the unit...will get them tomorrow....not a mere sales pitch at all ...been trying to keep this very fair and honest and straight forward since day 1.....very silly i think to compare you dropping a .060 over cylinder and a .020 over piston....if you really think this has all been about a total pitch than your being a sponsor has surely colored your judgement of people terribly....why would i lie and say deep rust is patina..??? i truly think i knew of the difference before you ever rode a bike my friend...take care and try not to let me evil ways bother you too much....hahahaa

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: Rickman] #552455
07/11/14 11:41 pm
07/11/14 11:41 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
not exactly sure what wheels you are looking at ?? so far only 2 wheels are sold....they went with that lot of gold star motors and basket.....here is a pic of what is sold...sort of all crammed together there but its the only pic i have right now....still got the swingarm...cylinders...head...rocker box...one compete rusty red rim with brake drum...a few bare rims....21"...19" etc...pair of inner outer covers for 441 model...outer primary cover for same...couple of lower trees...kicker arm...shifter arm...some chrome gas and oil caps....some gears...some foot peg mounts...levers...single and a double...stuff like that...so here is that pic of what i sold already if what you are interested in isn't in there let me know...thanks for looking...

these are the sold items so far...

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #552685
07/13/14 12:37 pm
07/13/14 12:37 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
Well maybe my micrometers are off some but I really don't think so...anyways the two rusty cylinders in storage measured approx. 78.68mm and 78.72mm. And to clean them up I think would take maybe ,010 to .020 at best. The coating does not extend throughout the cylinder. I didn't have my camera with me last night but will tomorrow. Heading out to a ball game today with my wife....still waiting to hear back on which wheel the other member is asking about.. So anyways do you think the round cylinders might sell for a few bucks ? The other ones that are square-like went thru the roof with over 40 bids ! Thanks

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #554518
07/23/14 8:06 pm
07/23/14 8:06 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
well i am going to list a few more items today on eBay to see how well they do...i usually always start my bids at 4.99 no matter what the item is....i listed that stock black swingarm for a 5 day auction recently and it sold for 222.50 plus shipping so i think that went ok considering two of you guys only offered me like 50 for it....i think it was for a gold star as a matter of fact it matched exactly the one of that silver basket case i sold to shane....i cleaned up one of the cylinders so it didn't look so ratty from sitting and it looks alot better cleaned up...it measures approx. 78.16...has all good fins...the head and the cylinders and rockers are all around 66-67 b44 victor enduro shit...hope they do well too....
after i get some more of the parts out and cleaned up i will list a few here first...thanks...

Re: BSA PARTS.....GOLD STAR....B44.... [Re: grumpy47] #554698
07/24/14 5:34 pm
07/24/14 5:34 pm
Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
W
Wilfred Online content
BritBike Forum member
Wilfred  Online Content
BritBike Forum member
W

Nanaimo, B.C. Canada
what Gordo and Peter said. In the last little while I've bought a T100 barrel and a Norton barrel. Didn't look all that bad. They were both at original bore. However, both needed to go a minimum of 30 over to be of any use, due to being worn out and stored in damp conditions. ( Took one to the machine shop for a reliable measurement before I bought it ). As there doesn't seem to be much out there in 30 over pistons both had to go to plus 40 to be of any use. On the aluminum bits, with that much corrosion and the steel parts that rusty I would think that replacing the studs in the head, trying to save the spindles in the rocker box and not knowing how the stuff inside it looks, rechroming the clutch lever and bead blasting the alloy to see what's left would put this stuff into the " I'd have to see the stuff in person up close before I parted with any money " category. While wonderful and romantic, "woodshed fresh" doesn't always work. While, for example, the rocker box appears to be early B44, it's likely the same one that was on the C15 and B40 and I've still got a couple of them with all the bits in GOOD shape that have been to a couple of swap meets at $25 each and have followed me home both times. Maybe what the Victor sold for should mean something. Mind you, I've been unhappily surprised when stuff bought on eBay in the past arrived and maybe, for some folk, that's just part of the experience. Cheers, Wilf

"It's about the ride..."
Re: BSA PARTS.....441....B44....lowered prices.... [Re: grumpy47] #554709
07/24/14 7:24 pm
07/24/14 7:24 pm
Jaffrey, NH, USA
Peter Quick Offline

Sponsor
Peter Quick  Offline

Sponsor

Jaffrey, NH, USA
Not sure how a B44 cylinder can measure 78.19mm since STD bore is 79mm. Must have measured the rust also laugh A real measurement would be taken in the middle of the cylinder where the wear has been. Still, a round barrel cylinder even with a botched measurement is of interest to some folks. That measurement just adds uncertainty.

PQ

Re: BSA PARTS.....441....B44....lowered prices.... [Re: Peter Quick] #554744
07/25/14 2:23 am
07/25/14 2:23 am
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
Yep I said the same thing on the measurements. Going to recalibrate my micrometers when I get back up to my parts storage on sat. And yeah I am pretty sure I didn't measure the rust areas. I measured down as far as I could with the tool I had. They have always been reliable before. Has me totally baffled ...

Re: BSA PARTS.....441....B44....lowered prices.... [Re: grumpy47] #555388
07/28/14 5:21 pm
07/28/14 5:21 pm
WASHINGTON STATE
G
grumpy47 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
grumpy47  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
G

WASHINGTON STATE
Well a few of the parts listed here are closing out in a few more hours on eBay. One of the round 441 VE cylinders just jumped from 26 bucks up to 110.55 and it has another 3 + hours to go still. The outer cover is doing ok as well.

Moderated by  Steve Erickson 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership