BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
Jwood & co JRC Engineering dealers Jwood & co
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Member Spotlight
Lliam Harrison
Lliam Harrison
Windham ME
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
48 registered members (Al Eckstadt), 285 guests, and 399 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Gaspare, eberhard, Norman Woollons, LandoLando, MikeA
10256 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Stuart 76
Lannis 62
Popular Topics(Views)
608,687 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics67,112
Posts651,274
Members10,256
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Coventry Spares #529771
02/23/14 1:30 am
02/23/14 1:30 am
Picayune, MS
Zackybilly1 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Zackybilly1  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Picayune, MS
Forgive me Father for I have sinned. I drifted away from my steady diet of Brit bike wrenching due to different/other motorcycle interests. I kept them, rode them less than I should and now I have come full circle back to wrenching on them again which I am enjoying.

It's been a couple of years without any major Brit wrenching projects (last Brit build was a Norton) and have kind of been out of the Brit parts loop lately. I'm currently in the process of two builds ('68 & '69 T120Rs) and am trying to get back up to speed on what's what.

I was trying to locate a dealer(s) for Coventry Spares. I found and picked up some Cov Seal rocker box gaskets on eBay but am trying to determine options on cylinder base gaskets. Seems like I always find out about the good stuff 3 weeks after I've seated the rings. Don't know what all John has other than the rocker box gaskets but would like to find out before the fact.

Keeping it Brit related, I recently broke down and got my first "modern" Triumph. It feels like I'm being unfaithful but, on the other hand, its a fun bike and I don't feel like I'm flogging a vintage bike when shining my butt. It feels more like my Norton than any Triumph I have ever ridden.

Another Brit item titled & tagged as a "motorcycle"...yea, I know...but we all have our own reasons. Like many of my brit bikes when new, this one is not immune to flaws.

Thanks in advance.

Z

Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!

Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Check out British motorcycles for sale:
British Motorcycles on e-Bay UK, British motorcycles on e-Bay North America
Re: Coventry Spares [Re: Zackybilly1] #529918
02/23/14 4:52 pm
02/23/14 4:52 pm
Vermont
B
Bud Provin Offline
BritBike Forum member
Bud Provin  Offline
BritBike Forum member
B
Vermont
PM sent.

Re: Coventry Spares [Re: Bud Provin] #529931
02/23/14 5:35 pm
02/23/14 5:35 pm
Vermont
Jon W. Whitley Offline

BritBike Forum member
Jon W. Whitley  Offline

BritBike Forum member
Vermont
Welcome back Zackbilly1 !! beerchug

Bud Provin,
I'm up in Barre. Nice to see you on BritBike. We talked last March when I stopped into the shop looking for a Pre-Unit T110 front brake plate/wheel. beerchug

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project

Re: Coventry Spares [Re: Jon W. Whitley] #530101
02/24/14 3:20 pm
02/24/14 3:20 pm
Picayune, MS
Zackybilly1 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Zackybilly1  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Picayune, MS
Drinks for everybody, huh Jon?

It appears you have moved further north since the last time I had any contact with you.

It feels good to have my "spanners, hide-mallet and centre punch" back out. The blue Triumph pictured above I've had for 38 years (it was seized up and 9 years old when I got it...I was a Jr. in high school at the time) so it's seen some peaks and valleys in interest. I still loved and defended them but I got pre-occupied with long-distance/Iron Butt riding. I've been working on bikes all this time....just not Brit bikes.

500 miles between fill-ups and ready for anything. I'm building a trailer to haul Triumphs/Nortons behind it. Kind of the opposite end of the bike spectrum from Brit bikes.

Right now, I'm trying to figure out how to merge the two interests together.

Z

Re: Coventry Spares [Re: Zackybilly1] #530111
02/24/14 4:18 pm
02/24/14 4:18 pm
Maui Hawaii
HawaiianTiger Online content

BritBike Forum member
HawaiianTiger  Online Content

BritBike Forum member
Maui Hawaii
Good lord, an F-16 cockpit is not that busy....A few things come to mind when seeing this. TMI is one...umm I 'm not seeing the flux capacitor there. You should show the seat area where the on board waste disposal is located. Mustn't make a pit stop just for that.

No disrespect intended.

But, I've never really seen anything remotely like it. I think the Brits say "Gobsmacked"

Love the blue Triumph and the Norton looks interesting...

What kind of motor is in the Morgan? Looks odd to me without the Matchless or JAP in there. But if you have to go modern maybe one of these would be more in keeping with the Morgan tradition.

I'd love to take it for a spin, regardless of what motor it has, though. Looks like fun.

Cheers,
Bill

Bikes
1974 Commando
1985 Honda Nighthawk 650
1957 Thunderbird/T110 "Flying Tiger"
Antique Fans: Loads of Emersons (Two six wingers) plus gyros and orbiters.
Re: Coventry Spares [Re: Zackybilly1] #530123
02/24/14 5:10 pm
02/24/14 5:10 pm
Australia
A
Adrian1 Offline
BritBike Forum member
Adrian1  Offline
BritBike Forum member
A
Australia
I'd like to see the battery(s) that run your Goldwing! Six driving lights and a bigggg headlight + that dash.

Oh and Flux Capacitors aren't cheap!

http://www.amazon.com/Back-Future-Capacitor-Replica-Unlimited/dp/B001M5PTQM

Last edited by Adrian1; 02/24/14 5:11 pm.
Re: Coventry Spares [Re: HawaiianTiger] #530164
02/24/14 10:34 pm
02/24/14 10:34 pm
Picayune, MS
Zackybilly1 Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Zackybilly1  Offline OP
BritBike Forum member
Picayune, MS
Originally Posted By: HawaiianTiger
TMI is one...No disrespect intended.

HT,

No disrespect taken...when I posted the build on a Wing forum, it sort of went viral...and I've heard it all...including the Flux Capacitor. It's all in good fun and a hoot to ride.

On the TMI, I have it set up where I really don't have to worry about the information...I have devices taking care of it for me. On the waste disposal, I'm a country boy so I'm never too far from a restroom.

The engine on the Morgan is a 1,998cc S&S Wedge Head...53 degree angle cylinders. It puts out 115 crank HP. The whole rig weighs roughly 1,000 lbs...tubular frame and aluminum body. It's go-kartish as far as driving. Your rear-end is so close to the ground that 80 mph feels like 130 mph. It will run around 115 mph...I've broken the ton in it but, as is, it has some bump steer issues which are soon to be corrected. I call it my "Redneck Roadster" and primarily drive it on secondary highways & back roads. It is fun but, at times, I'm concerned I'm going to get run over by people taken pics with their cell phones. The turning radius for the thing is laughable but it will light up the back tire so easily that you can make it pivot around the front wheels. I'm working on a few electronics for the Morgan...radar detector is at the top of the list. It's not a high-end sports car but seldom do I find myself doing the speed limit or less. The Harley boys don't know whether to love or hate it....that alone is worth something.

I like most motorcycles for one reason or another, as well as, any motorized toys. Life is too short not to have some fun along the way.

I like my Norton but have been told by some of my Triumph buddies that it pales in comparison to a Triumph. Being an older bike ('73), it rides more like a modern bike than my Triumphs. In fact, it rides a lot like my new Thruxton.

But I'm a Triumph guy first.

Z

Last edited by Zackybilly1; 02/24/14 10:47 pm.

Moderated by  John Healy 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership