BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
pittss1s
pittss1s
hamilton, va
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
212 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,658 guests, and 562 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
revans, Gilly, XTINCT, Bruce Roberts, Brian Ellery
9959 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 193
koan58 99
Stuart 84
NickL 71
Popular Topics(Views)
438,526 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,287
Posts632,414
Members9,959
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#517795 - 12/07/13 12:22 pm looking for lost Interceptor motor  
oilyamerican Offline
BritBike Forum member
oilyamerican  Offline
BritBike Forum member

USA
Hello and seasons greetings !
I am trying to locate a specifically numbered 1-A motor( and hopefully trans) that I understand is currently in private hands.
The motor is located somewhere in the Worcester, Mass; USA area.
I do not know it's condition or completeness, nor the owner's name. Not much to go on I know; but I can supply the correct number.
If anyone in that area thinks they would be interested in helping me out,please contact me.
Thanks in advance.

Will work for Guinness smile
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#517912 - 12/08/13 1:25 pm Re: looking for lost Interceptor motor [Re: oilyamerican]  
rotorwrench Offline
BritBike Forum member
rotorwrench  Offline
BritBike Forum member

San Antonio, Texas
It certainly doesn't hurt to ask. I've seen many an RE twin case with case damage from drive chain strikes, broken con rods, and cracks around the main bearing bores. Some were treated well and others were hammered. Some are repairable and many weren't. I wish you all the luck though.

Last edited by rotorwrench; 12/08/13 1:26 pm.
#517944 - 12/08/13 5:42 pm Re: looking for lost Interceptor motor [Re: oilyamerican]  
Adrian1 Offline
BritBike Forum member
Adrian1  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Australia
Might be worth posting on specific Interceptor sites like this:

http://www.ozemate.com/interceptor/links.htm

Last edited by Adrian1; 12/08/13 5:43 pm.
#518054 - 12/09/13 2:50 pm Re: looking for lost Interceptor motor [Re: oilyamerican]  
oilyamerican Offline
BritBike Forum member
oilyamerican  Offline
BritBike Forum member

USA
Thanks for the interest.
I was going to post it on some other group forums; but started here.
It may be just a wild goose chase, but since I have the rest of the bike, it can't hurt to track down the correct motor for it if possible.

#518082 - 12/09/13 4:50 pm Re: looking for lost Interceptor motor [Re: oilyamerican]  
Adrian1 Offline
BritBike Forum member
Adrian1  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Australia
Be surprised if the owner would be willing to sell it? How do you know its in Mass?

#518839 - 12/15/13 12:59 pm Re: looking for lost Interceptor motor [Re: oilyamerican]  
rotorwrench Offline
BritBike Forum member
rotorwrench  Offline
BritBike Forum member

San Antonio, Texas
I have found one motor case that had no numbers before. It was a replacement case for a 700cc twin. It too had been damaged so I trusted a REOC/NA member to repair the damage for me and I never got it back (the man died). Needless to say, I get things done locally now or I do it myself.

You might try looking for one of these replacement cases. Your only alternative is settling for a case with a serial number close to the one you need. They are out there. I need not mention other alternatives since they would be considered fraudulent.

#519434 - 12/19/13 5:29 pm Re: looking for lost Interceptor motor [Re: oilyamerican]  
oilyamerican Offline
BritBike Forum member
oilyamerican  Offline
BritBike Forum member

USA
The story as it was told to me is,that the motor was separated from the rest of the bike years ago for unknown reasons.
The original owner passed away, but his elderly brother still has the motor.
Certain people(not me) have approached this fellow about selling it but without success.
My concern is, when this elderly person passes away or goes into a home,the motor may wind up in the dumpster; or parted out on evilbay.
I live nowhere near the area, and not sure I can depend on my one contact there to keep me in the loop.
Why go to all this trouble ??
Because I have the rest of the bike and would like to see it put it back together.
It may never happen; but I have to try.
I have enough parts and cases to cobble together a bitsa, but that will be a last resort.

Last edited by oilyamerican; 12/19/13 5:29 pm.

#519454 - 12/19/13 8:07 pm Re: looking for lost Interceptor motor [Re: oilyamerican]  
Rohan Offline
BritBike Forum member
Rohan  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Oztralia
Mail the guy a photo of your chassis/basket case, and ask if he wants to sell his engine to make it complete. (& make a reasonable $$ offer for it.)

Surprising what can happen when they know its going to its proper home, and you are not just going to flip it for some $$.
And if the rels hear of this, they may bear you in mind in the future...

#519473 - 12/20/13 12:57 am Re: looking for lost Interceptor motor [Re: oilyamerican]  
Adrian1 Offline
BritBike Forum member
Adrian1  Offline
BritBike Forum member

Australia
I'm confused....the first post seemed to indicate you didn't know where it is...a later post seems to indicate that you know who has it (the elderly person). Not sure why you just don't go and see him and plead your case as you have with us? smile

#519507 - 12/20/13 11:43 am Re: looking for lost Interceptor motor [Re: oilyamerican]  
oilyamerican Offline
BritBike Forum member
oilyamerican  Offline
BritBike Forum member

USA
Adrian,
My first post indicated the general area where the motor is purported to be.
I do not know the elderly person by name, nor where he resides specifically. All that I know was relayed to me by the individual who sold me the rolling frame I now have; which turned up at a building cleanout sale, I believe.
How this seller knows who the elderly gent is,I'm not sure; but he told me he did approach him about selling the motor without success.
I urged the seller to keep tabs on the situation and keep me posted.
The problem as I see it is, the seller may or may not be diligent in doing that.
So I figured if I put some feelers out, maybe someone would eventually say: I know a guy that knows a guy......
Not trying to cut the original seller out of the loop; but I don't want to leave any stone un-turned and possibly lose out on an opportunity to put something back together.
I would love to communicate with the old fellow, to impress him with the fact that I want to resurrect the bike back to completeness; and that I'm not just another "asset stripper".

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.679s Queries: 15 (0.066s) Memory: 0.8593 MB (Peak: 1.0534 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-23 03:50:51 UTC