Up for sale is my 1953 Triumph rigid frame which has been raked a few degrees and very nicely done.

I bought this frame back in 2001 and have been carrying it around since. It was a rusty lump when I got it, so I stripped it and treated it with the POR-15 Rust Preventative kit, topped off with the Gloss Black rust preventative paint.

It got put on the back burner as I built up a few other projects around it. I have decided to sell all of my Pre-Unit rigid stuff as they are just a wee bit too small for me and of course I want to build a few other machines, so something has to go.

As can be seen in the pics, the frame has been nicely raked bu cutting the neck and welding in a wedge of steel, rather than the uncool method of heating up and bending the front downtube and neck. The way this was done, keeps the front downtube straight and only rakes the neck and gives excellent lines and is nice and strong and straight and just looks so "right".

This will make a beautiful chopper for someone and the rest of the frame is pretty nice and as can be seen the side stand mount lug is still intact...major bonus on these old Pre-Unit frames.

I will ship this through USPS, cheapest method I have found for motorcycle frames...padded well with pipe insulation and unboxed. Last whole frame I shipped to California in 2012 was around $60 and it was a 1957 Triumph swing-arm frame...so be prepared to pay anywhere from $50-$75 + or - in the Continental U.S. for shipping of this frame.

Note:The last picture is of the frame mocked up before being treated with the POR-15. As can be seen it has a nice but manageable rake and stance and has very nice lines. As can be seen, this will make a sweet chopper with a beautiful stance. No other parts are included and sale is for frame only.

Last edited by Jon W. Whitley; 10/03/13 10:36 am.

Jon W.

1957 6T Thunderbird 650
1968 T100R Daytona 500
1971 TR6R Tiger 650
1970 BSA A65F 650
1955 Tiger 100 - Project