BritBike Forum logo
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor

BritBike Sponsor
BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor BritBike Sponsor
  JWood Auction  
Home | Sponsors, Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons, "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
Photo posting tutorial

Member Spotlight
Soup Dragon
Soup Dragon
South Cotswolds, England
Show All Member Profiles 
Shout Box
Search eBay for motorcycle parts in following countries
Australia, Canada, France, Holland, Italy, United Kingdom, USA
Random Gallery photo
Who's Online Now
204 registered members (57nortonmodel77), 1,763 guests, and 539 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Brian Ellery, Jon Andrews, Berni Ernst, johnguppy, michael morgan
9955 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
btour 186
koan58 99
Stuart 88
NickL 63
Popular Topics(Views)
436,437 mail-order LSR
Forum Statistics
Forums33
Topics65,263
Posts632,026
Members9,955
Most Online3,995
Feb 13th, 2017
Like BritBike.com on Facebook

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
#495628 - 06/27/13 3:46 pm Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!)  
Al Eckstadt Online content
BritBike Forum member
Al Eckstadt  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Jordan, NY
Yes, there were actually other British mounts beside mine at Bike Night! For those who may not know; Quaker Steak and Lube is an auto and cycle theme restaurant chain. Wednesday is Bike Night with an outside band and an outdoor grill (and beer - none for me while riding, thanks). It rained earlier in the afternoon so I was surprised to see so many riders.
Restaurant and band stage to left.

Tried to get an overview of how many cycles - the lot was very full with bikes all the way to the last row. It's about 7 or 7:30 PM.

Bill's T100 and his friend's Ridley Automatic.

Honda stands out in a sea of cruiser and crotch rockets.

Thruxton in a color I haven't seen before - looks nice.

No photos of the Interceptor, I assume you've seen enough posted here before. The sheriff's dept. were having a field day on the approaching road which has a fairly low speed limit (30 or 35?). I came in the other way on my familiar back roads where the limit is 40. I met another Brit rider, Scott, who has a Norton and a '70 Bonneville. After chatting with him I made a quick walk around, took some photos and left. Between the loud band, the cigarette smoke and the fact that I was not wearing a black vest, I felt a little out of place!
Thanks. Al.

Al Eckstadt
Support Your #1 BritBike Forum!
Membership Type! Free
Premium
Premium Life
Vendor
Site
Sponsor
Recognition No Premium Member Premium Life member (5 years) Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
Post commercial threads No No No Yes Yes
Custom title No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Upload avatar & photos No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Link avatar & photos Yes Yes Yes Yes Yes
Private Message Storage: 10 100 100 100 100
Length of signatures 255 600 600 600 600
Removes this very advert island between post 1&2 No Yes Yes Yes Yes
Price Free $12.90/year $105.00 No End
$55.00/5 years
$210.00/year
($17.50/month)
Email
Click on button >>
  Premium Member Premium Life member Vendor Member Site Sponsor Membership
#495635 - 06/27/13 4:40 pm Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: Al Eckstadt]  
bill50cal Online content
bill50cal  Online Content

orlando fla/ shady valley Tn
proof that these two wheeled over weight under powered paint shakers have not changed much in 75 years. laughing

Originally Posted By: Al Eckstadt

windy
72 combat
switchbackcreek.com
#495642 - 06/27/13 5:16 pm Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: Al Eckstadt]  
wadeschields Online content
BritBike Forum member
wadeschields  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

NYC and York PA
Looks like a nice turn out for sure. Keep showing up on your Brit bike and you may convert some of them from the dark side. bigt

http://wadeschields.tumblr.com/

Jack of all trades . Master of fun! wink

Beer is not the Answer.... Its the Question..... The answer is YES

[Linked Image]
#495648 - 06/27/13 6:24 pm Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: wadeschields]  
Rickman Online content
BritBike Forum member
Rickman  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Ohio
Windy,
Why change a "good thing", from a formula "that works"?

Heck, other firms are trying to "copy" the look, so much so, that one of 'em got into a suit from ol' hardley, remember?

#495746 - 06/28/13 1:29 pm Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: Al Eckstadt]  
HughdeMann Online content
BritBike Forum member
HughdeMann  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

Beautiful North Carolina
The last time I went to QS&L bike night,we drew a crowd to see us start our bikes. Most didn't know what a kick starter was, and none knew how to use one. Pretty sad, but then 60's and 70's Japanese bikes are now considered vintage.

Hugh: Proof the Dodo is not extinct
1964 Bonneville
A couple others
#495750 - 06/28/13 2:00 pm Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: bill50cal]  
MikeG Online content
BritBike Forum member
MikeG  Online Content
BritBike Forum member

New Hampshier USA
Originally Posted By: bill50cal
proof that these two wheeled over weight under powered paint shakers have not changed much in 75 years. laughing

They sure have gotten louder though laughing

1960 BSA A10
2007 Suzuki Bandit
1957 A10
(Used to be a Triumph here)
71 Norton Commando
#495803 - 06/28/13 11:12 pm Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: MikeG]  
bill50cal Online content
bill50cal  Online Content

orlando fla/ shady valley Tn
the sad part is the decibel to horsepower ratio is still way off kilter.
HD the most efficient machine invented to convert gasoline into noise without the benefit of horsepower grin

Originally Posted By: MikeG

windy
72 combat
switchbackcreek.com
#495870 - 06/29/13 3:25 pm Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: bill50cal]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
the sad part is the decibel to horsepower ratio is still way off kilter.
HD the most efficient machine invented to convert gasoline into noise without the benefit of horsepower grin

Originally Posted By: MikeG

Ha ha, kind of like a rolling sofa- one benefit is, if you fall off, you won't be going fast enough for it to hurt? : laugh

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

#495881 - 06/29/13 4:30 pm Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: bill50cal]  
Lannis Online content
Life member
Lannis  Online Content

Life member

Central Virginia

That looks like about a 1965 model panhead ... I had one once.

I'd be riding a Harley Davidson now if it weren't for all the posers that are swamping out the remaining few real motorcycle riders on Harleys. When you ride a BritBike or a Guzzi, you have interesting conversations on the road. When you ride a Harley, you generally have gay-pirate-outlaw type conversations.

If you don't push them hard, the old panhead dressers will go a long way in a long time. I may still get an old original before I shuffle off this mortal coil ....

Lannis

OK, I admit it, I'm addicted to brake fluid.

But I can stop any time I want.
#495900 - 06/29/13 9:33 pm Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: Lannis]  
bmwr90s Offline
BritBike Forum member
bmwr90s  Offline
BritBike Forum member

New York
Originally Posted By: Lannis

....... When you ride a BritBike or a Guzzi, you have interesting conversations on the road. When you ride a Harley, you generally have gay-pirate-outlaw type conversations.....

Lannis

I can't believe that you believe that.

Here's some very loud Britbike paint shakers: http://www.jockeyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88155

Art

Last edited by bmwr90s; 06/29/13 11:06 pm.

1969 XLH
1973 Norton Commando
1991 FLHTC W/SIDECAR
#495908 - 06/30/13 12:21 am Re: Wed. Bike Night at Quaker Steak (some BB content!) [Re: Al Eckstadt]  
ricochetrider Online content
Moto Mojo
ricochetrider  Online Content

Moto Mojo

Pennsyltuckey
I always have great conversations with folks on all kinds of bikes- of course, it's kind of what I do...

I was gassing up once (some of you have heard this story before) and a guy pulled up to a pump next to me on an old Harley that looked great- patinaed up nice, running good, everything about it was right on. I said to the guy (who was about my same age) "WOW, sweet old bike man. Sure don't see too many older HDs around." He responded, "Yeah, thanks. I got when I was 18 and paid 250.00 for it." shocked

I was like "No kidding! Nowadays, you can't even buy a Harley JACKET for 250.00!" We chatted for a bit then went our separate ways.

"It is no measure of health, to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."

Moderated by  Alan_nc, Graham Ham 

Home | Sponsors | Newsletter | Regalia | Calendar | Bike Project | BritBike Museum | Spiders Cartoons | "OLD" BritBike Forum | DVD- Manuals & Parts books | BritBike Stickers & Decals
Upgrade to: Premium Membership | Premium Life Membership | Vendor Membership | Site Sponsor Membership
UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.0
Page Time: 0.352s Queries: 15 (0.100s) Memory: 0.8767 MB (Peak: 1.0815 MB) Zlib disabled. Server Time: 2017-11-20 13:42:18 UTC